Indian 1915 8 valve boardtrack film.wmv
Starting a 1915 Indian 61cu.in. boardtrack racer at Yesterdays Nederweert
Look at the flames coming out of the ported cylinder heads.
This bike was found dismantled in an Australian collection some years ago.
Boy, we have a hard life........
BSA B33 500cc first start after 25 years in a shed.
Starting a 1951 BSA B33 500cc single, after it had been stored in a shed
for over 25 years. Fuel tap missing, so only fuel is from a length of fuel
line and a full carb bowl. Nothing was done to the engine other than
cleaning the magneto points, some CRC in the cylinder a few days before and
cleaning the old plug. Wiring is bare in places with covering having
rotted off over the years. Despite all this, it actually started !!
OK Supreme 1927 motorcycle with Bradshaw engine
OK Supreme 1927 349 cc OHV oil cooled Bradshaw
OK motorcycles were manufactured by the firm of Humphries & Dawes in
Birmingham from 1899 till 1939: from 1926, when one of the controlling
partners left the firm, the company was renamed OK Supreme. The
motorcycles were built at the Hall Green Works in Birmingham. The company
had some success in racing in the twenties and was sufficiently well
established to overcome the downturn in trade in the Depression years.
In the years before the Great War the company fitted among others
"Precision" engines, in the early twenties Union and Villiers two stroke
power units were fitted. In the mid-twenties the range consisted of two
stroke models of 292 and 348 cc cc, the sports tourer OHV Bradshaw and
sv and ohv Blackburne power units. Plenty of choice in engines!
From the late twenties the company used mainly sv and ohv JAP engines,
although there was also a model with OK ohc engine for some years.
Granville Bradshaw designed several oil cooled engines; the first was a 500
cc ohv flat twin which was used by Zenith in 1920. In 1921 the range was
extended with a 350 cc ohv single and a 1000 cc V-twin. The engines were
produced by James Walmsley & Co in Preston and marketed by Gilbert
Campling. From 1925 the engines were built by Dorman in Stafford. The
longstroke Bradshaw engine -- used by OK from 1924 to 1928 - has bore and
stroke dimensions of 68x96 mm and mechanical lubrication. The machine
has a 3 speed gearbox and Brown & Barlow carburettor. It weighs about 200
lbs, so it's a light and agile machine.
Vintage D-Rad Sound
My bro-in-law loves "D-Rad" motorcycles. These vintage bikes were produced
between 1922 and 1932 in Berlin, Germany, by the "Deutsche Industriewerke
Here he starts one, which he restores since 1984. Now it seems to be
complete - nothing but the number plate is still missing ... ;-)
This 500 cc single cylinder thumper is from 1925, means 86 years old, and
the guys in those times really kew what is a motorbike's best sound ...
thumping nicely dug, dug, dug ... ;-)
Originally, the sound is much more loud as You may hear in this video, of
course - the micro was immediately closed by the cam's automatic in order
to avoid damages. In reality, it is loud as anything ... ;-)))
Mein Schwager mag Oldtimer-Motorräder. Am liebsten sind ihm D-Räder. Gut,
so etwas kann jedem passieren ... ;-)
Die D-Räder wurden zwischen 1922 und 1932 von der "Deutsche Industriewerke
AG" in Berlin Spandau gebaut.
Hier startet er seinen 500er D-Rad-Eintopf von 1925, an dem er seit 1984
herumbastelt. Schon fast fertig - fehlt jetzt nur noch das komische Ding am
Ende ... genau: das Nummernschild ... ;-)
Der Sound kommt übrigens hier im Video nur sehr gedämpft rüber, die
Automatik hat das Kameramikro sofort runtergeregelt, um Schäden zu
vermeiden. "In echt" fliegt einem selbstverständlich die Mütze vom Kopf.
PS: Die Nummerntafel ist seit Juli 2011 auch dran. Und das D-Rad läuft ...
Historic vehicle Torpedo V4 1909
Motocykl vyroben v jediném exempláři v letech 1908-1909 firmou Trojan &
Nagl sídlící v Kolíně. Pravděpodobně nebyl nikdy prezentován na
veřejnosti a o jeho dalším osudu nejsou žádné zprávy. Neobvyklá
konstrukce o objemu 1600 ccm je dána zdvojením dvouválce téže značky.
Dochována pouze jediná nekvalitní fotografie, ze které se vycházelo
při stavbě repliky.
Motorcycle was made in a single copy in 1908-1909 by Trojan & Nagl, from
Kolín. Probably has never been presented to the public and his fate isnt
known. Unusual design of four-cylinder engine with capacity of 1600 ccm is
given by doubling two-cylinder engine from the same brand. Only one
low-quality photo survived from theese times and it was used to build a
1942 Harley Davidson WLA Kick Start 45 Tire BurnOut SCTA by TATRO MACHINE
1942 Harley-Davidson WLA Kick Start and Tire Burn Out.
PLEASE DONATE TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR LINK BELOW.
1942 WLA time lapse assembly video
WLA motor overhaul
Running an antique military motorcycle.
1965 Harley-Davidson PanHead is the blue motorcycle.
More TATRO MACHINE Links:
San Diego, California
Tatro Machine *** Nos Harley Parts ***
*** New old stock harley parts ***
I am selling off our family collection of harley parts, hope you see
something you need. We have been collecting for 40 years. Our parts range
form 1930-present. Large sellection of new and used aftermarket parts are
available as a result of shutting down my retail store,Tatro
Machine.(machine shop only now)
*** WANTED ***
Harley racing parts, mid 30's-late 70's. My current race bikes are: 1959 kr
top speed 152.0 mph,1957 xlr top speed 161.9 mph, 1979 xl single top speed
152.0 mph, 1973 xl 1000 top speed 169.0 mph
The 1942 Harley Davidson WLA motorcycle and Harley Davidson XA motorcycle
were two models Harley designed for the United States military during World
Though rival Indian also supplied motorcycles to the U.S. military during
World War II, the majority of those used in battle were Harley-Davidson
Wearing the requisite Olive Drab paint, these were 45-cubic-inch V-twins
fitted with special equipment for wartime use. Items such as an ammo box,
machine-gun scabbard, and rear carrier are obvious; less so are the special
"blackout lights" front and rear that projected only a small sliver of
light in an effort to avoid detection.
In all, roughly 80,000 WLAs were built, many being sold as surplus after
Excelsior 1919 Boardtrack racer ohc.wmv
Excelsior 1919 Boardtrack Racer.
The captain of the Excelsior racing team, Bob Perry had a special
relationship with the Schwinn family.
Ignaz Schwinn, the owner of the Excelsior Motorcycle Company envisioned
Perry as a future executive in the company
and did not want him to race, but Perry wanted to race and was on hand to
ride one of the new 1919 61 cu.in. OHC machines in
its debut at Ascot Park, Ca. on January 4, 1920. The Excelsior team arrived
early for testing and discovered that the extremely
powerful new engine performed like it could fulfill Schwinn's hopes for a
racer that would beat the Indian and Harley-Davidson
works machines. On January 3 it was announced that Bob Perry would ride the
Excelsior on full throttle around the Ascot oval.
He crashed and was killed when he lost control entering a turn at a speed
estimated between 95 and 100 miles per hour.
"Schwinn was devastated. The Excelsior team withdrew from the Ascot event,
and Ignaz Schwinn went into the racing shop and
personally destroyed all of the overhead cam engines with a sledge hammer.
Not one of the machines survived.
This 1919 Excelsior Boardtrack racer was carefully recreated by Paul
Brodie, using 6 known photographs of several of the
Excelsior 1000cc, 61 cu.in. OHC V-twin.
Approx. 49HP @ 6000 rpm
Speed 120 mph+
Yesterdays Antique Motorcycles
Starting up a 100 year old BSA on its 100th birthday.
It left BSA works on 12th April 1911. This video shows it starting on its
100th birthday (12th April 2011). It was restored by David Pattison after
lying in a shed for 86 years. It is believed to be the oldest BSA in the
world. Its frame number is 247.
1926 AJS G8 500 OHV Motorcycle at Banbury 2009
This video shows a 1926 AJS 500cc overhead-valve engined motorcycle. A
great vintage bike seen at the VMCC Banbury Run on June 21st 2009, in
Gaydon / UK.