Saab 9-3 ESP In Action
This video shows just how effective the Saab Electronic Stability Program
is on the 2003 and newer 9-3 models.
The video is in Swedish, but basically the first part is with the ESP off
and the next is with it on.
Nordschleife Saab 9-3 Aero onBoard 01.07.2012 -- Lap 3
- Saab 9-3 Aero SC -- 2.8V6 T, everything stock (250BHP)
- Continental SportContact 5 225/45/18 tires (What a crap tire... will
never buy Continental again!)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 (Video and audio)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (GPS and OBDII using ALapRecorder application)
- OBDlink MX (OBD data)
- ALapRecorder HD for generating overlay graphs
- 01.07.2012 at 12:43
- 09:49 lap time (my fastest of the 4 during the weekend)
Featured cars (in no particular order):
- Renault Megane RS (right at the beginning, my friend João)
- Mercedes E class
- Subaru Impreza Wagon
- Nissan 200SX
- BMW M5 (Ring Taxi -- right at the beginning)
- BMW series 3
- Renault Megane (2x)
- Mini Cooper S (2x)
- Mazda MX5
- Assortment of Bikes
- This was my 3rd lap ever - also the one where I managed to go faster due to not much traffic.
- Top speed = 205km/h at around 2:17
- At around 7:32 I am trying to get out of the way from a Mazda MX5 that
was driving glued to my ass -- that was not the place for him to overtake,
but he was pushing it a lot. I went really wrong line into the corner. Do
note his driving style after he goes through. A bit... enthusiastic, to say
the least! :)
- Loosing time behind the Scooby Wagon towards the end of the video. He
didn't much fancy being overtaken... made me waste time on a zone where I
could have been flat out. You can listen to me complaining at 9:00 :)
- ...and then failing to notice the slippery track sign at 9:10, which led
to a understeer scare at 9:19, doing around 120km/h. Lucky! :)
- Moving out of the way for bike before the mini-Carroussel but he was not
having none of it so... I took the line.
If you have video footage of my car, please let me know! :)
2004 Saab 9-3 Aero SS 0-60
Another 0-60 test on my 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero SS. This is the 2.0 Liter DOHC
turbo 4 cylinder. This time I brake
torqued vehicle to 2400 rpm to help improve launch. Car all stock besides
a BSR Optiflow Intake. Ran it all the way to 75 as that's my typical
highway cruising speed. Looks to be in the 6.9-7.2 sec range to 60 which
is exactly where my car should be. Doing this test to see how my car will
do stock and how compare it to a run with a BSR stage 1 PPC.
~ 700hp Turbo Saab, 312kmh (194mph)
Extreme turbo Saab + 300 kmh
Many viewers have misunderstood this video, so I explain it a little:
-Speed at finish line (1mile/1609m) is measured. Time is not measured.
-First Saab does 1st and 2nd gear with ~half throttle. Second Saab has
limited Boost for 1st and 2nd gear.
- three extra seconds between 0-100kmh typically means ~30meters wasted.
But three extra seconds used in speeds close to 300kmh, means almost
Here is equally powerful RWD cars (if not even more HP's) These RWD's are a
lot faster between 0-150kmh, but
these Saabs are faster from
150kmh-300kmh. You get the point when you compare speeds at finish line.
-A Saab 9-5 driver pushes a little too much throttle @3rd gear and looses
traction. He lifts a throttle and pushes it back, but too much again and
then he gears up 4th, a bit earlier than planned. (optimal is@205kmh).
Earlier that summer I broke one gearbox when pushing too hard on 3rd gear.
With new gearbox and at later event, I drove very gently on first three
gears to avoid breaking it again. I pushed WOT for the first time on 4th
gear @ 190kmh. You can hear it clearly on following video. Engine tone
changes totally around 200kmh. Incar video is from 299kmh pull (at 1 mile
race) Something happened to camera during the run. So I didn't get any
incar video from a 305kmh pull. To see that run from the start line, please
see my other videos.
Here is incar video until camera dies. Start is @1min.
Величайшие автомобили: СААБ
Шестьдесят лет назад авиационным
инженером была создана одна из
иновационных машин в мире, призванная
удовлетворить растущий спрос на
автомобили в Швеции...
Год выпуска: 2004
Part 3 05 Saab 9-3 2.0T BSR
This is a Saab 9-3 Aero SS with Stage 1 BSR PPC and BSR Optiflow intake.
This video is a series of 5 Vids I made and posted on saabcentral.com and
saablink.net This part was too big for photobucket so its on here. Enjoy!