60009 on the move
A4 Union of South Africa runs alongside the M5 in Devon, faster than any steam train since 1965 not
much short of the magic figure.This was a return journey of a steam
railtour in Jan./Feb 1995 what a mind blowing experience WOW !!!
Mallard On The Mainline
A few shots of A4 no.4468, Mallard on railtours in 1988. I had intended to
post this video in time for the
70th.anniversary of the record run in July but misplaced one of the master
tapes. The loco is seen at York followed by some on train footage on the
Settle & Carlisle and then at Carlisle. Lineside shots taken in the Hope
Valley,the Standedge route and on the Settle & Carlisle. Recorded on
standard VHS video and before I discovered that a fluid head tripod was a
good investment so not top quality!!!
The Best of British Steam Compilation 2012
Finally, 2012 draws to a close and now it's time to recollect on the best
moments of the British Railway Steam scene, including tours, private
charters, overnight land cruises, empty stock workings and light engine
movements from all corners of the UK:
1. 17/11: Stanier built Princess Royal Class, 6201 'Princess Elizabeth' is
seen running the steam leg of the 'Cumbrian Mountaineer' from Tyseley to
Carlisle through Oxenholme.
2. 15/09: BR Standard Class 7 flagship number 70000 'Britannia' and LNER A4
Pacific 4464 'Bittern' are seen blasting southbound through Teignmouth with
the 'Mayflower' tour from London Euston to Plymouth.
3. 07/10: LMS Princess Coronation Class 46233 'Duchess of Sutherland' is
seen screaming through the night with the southbound leg of the 'Caledonian
Railtour' from Stirling to Wolverhampton.
4. 04/02: On the second run of the 'Cumbrian Mountain Express', LMS Stanier
Class 5 45305 is seen departing Preston for Carlisle running via Blackburn
and the Settle and Carlisle route
5. On the way back from Plymouth, 70000 'Britannia' and 4464 'Bittern' are
seen racing north through Teignmouth with the returning 'Mayflower' tour to
6. 12/08: BR Standard Class 7 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' is seen gliding
through Totnes with the southbound 'Royal Duchy' from Bristol Temple Meads
7. 19/08: On her first run on the 'Torbay Express' for 2012, 4464 'Bittern'
is seen racing through Teignmouth with the southbound leg to Kingswear
8. 05/08: unique BR Standard Class 8 71000 'Duke of Gloucester' is seen
blasting south through Teignmouth on the 'Torbay Express' from Bristol
Temple Meads to Kingswear
9. 02/09: 4464 'Bittern' is once again seen on the 'Torbay Express', this
time speeding south through Dawlish Warren
10. 17/11: Returning from Carlisle on the 'Cumbrian Mountaineer', 6201
'Princess Elizabeth' is seen powering down the Settle and Carlisle at
Armathwaite bound for Tyseley
11. 21/04: LMS Royal Scot Class 46115 'Scots Guardsman' is seen reversing
out of Carnforth steam town before steaming northbound up the WCML towards
Carlisle in preparation to haul its part of the Great Britain tour
12. 29/07: 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' is seen gliding through Teignmouth bound
13. 27/04: former Southern Railway built Bullied Light Pacific 34067
'Tangmere' of the Battle of Britain fleet is seen trundling through Preston
with a light engine working from Carnforth to Bristol Barton Hill
14. 10/03: Running the 'Shap, Settle and Carlisle' tour from Wolverhampton
to Carlisle, GWR Castle Class 5043 'Earl of Mount Edgcumbe' and 6201
'Princess Elizabeth' are seen accelerating away from the yards at Carnforth
15. 27/04: 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' is seen climbing away from Preston
through Leyland with the 'Great Britain' tour from Preston to Bristol
16. 15/07: 70000 'Britannia' is seen with its safety valves blowing off
loudly as it rumbles slowly along the Sea Wall at Teignmouth with the
17. 18/03: LMS Stanier 8F 48151 is seen departing Preston in classic form
with the 'Roses Express' from Preston to York
18. 15/12: After arriving from Bristol Temple Meads with the 'Christmas
Devonian', 34067 'Tangmere' is seen departing for Exeter Riverside with the
empty stock for that tour
19. 19/08: On its first run on the 'Torbay Express', 4464 'Bittern' is seen
climbing out of Torre with the return working to Bristol Temple Meads
20. 09/03: After a quick water stop, 5043 'Earl of Mount Edgcumbe' and 6201
'Princess Elizabeth' are seen departing from Preston with a light engine
working to Carnforth
21. 22/07: 70000 'Britannia' bursts out of Parson's Tunnel near Teignmouth
with the 'Torbay Express' bound for Kingswear
22. 05/08: 71000 'Duke of Gloucester' is seen racing out from under Shaldon
Bridge at Teignmouth with the return leg of the 'Torbay Express'
23. 26/04: Arriving with the 'Great Britain' tour, 46233 'Duchess of
Sutherland' is seen arriving at Preston from Glasgow Central
24. 15/04: GWR Manor Class 7827 'Lydham Manor' is seen climbing from
Goodrington Sands bound for Kingswear
25. 05/08: 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' passes Teignmouth with the 'Royal Duchy'
bound for Par
26. 01/12: 60009 'Union of South Africa' runs the 'Christmas White Rose'
north past Ryther bound for York
27. 5043 'Earl of Mount Edgcumbe' is seen rumbling through Bamber Bridge
with the returning 'Shap, Settle and Carlisle' tour bound for Wolverhampton
28. 70000 'Britannia' blasts north through Teignmouth with the 'Torbay
Express' for Bristol
29. 28/07: 71000 'Duke of Gloucester' and 60163 'Tornado' are seen running
through Teignmouth with the 'Tamar Devonian'
30. 27/04: 46233 'Duchess of Sutherland' is seen passing Leyland light
engine bound for Crewe
31. 22/07: 70000 'Britannia' once again blasts past Teignmouth with the
'Torbay Express' to Bristol
32. 02/09: 4464 'Bittern' races through Teignmouth for Bristol with the
Enjoy (I certainly did!) :D
Steamtrain (s) in the Netherlands and Germany. Spectaculaire smoke and steam chasing.
Stoom in Holland en Duitsland.
dampflok steam locomotive steam locomotives steam engine steam engines
stoom stoomtrein spoorwegen treinen trein tren vapor vapeur chemin de fer
allemagne west deutschland germany german remagen bahnstrecke bahnlinie
line bahnen sommer video bahnvideo TREN VAPOR eisenbahnvideo bahnfilm film
movie eisenbahnfilm historisch bahnhistorisch geschichte history train
spotter trainspotting railfan train railfanning engine loc barking chuffing
chugging working playday dampflokomotive TRENES A VAPOR tren bluebell
Railway Fairy Queen
60007 Breathtaking Footplate Run into Kings Cross - More
Sir Nigel Gresley From the Footplate dashes up to 75mph on the Cathedral's
Express into King's Cross. Racing South from Retford. On DVD from BNT
Productions at www.qleap.co.uk, look for Sir Nigel Gresley over the
Wheelslip + Sanding + Smoking: 5 WDG4s with a Coal Train!
10 January 2011, 1127hrs.
Twin WDG4s come smoking out of a tunnel and roar up the Braganza Ghats with
a loaded coal train, with triple WDG4 bankers bringing up the rear. Listen
to the ear-splitting wheelslip noise as the locos use sanding to fight
their way up the formidable gradient!
Location: Dudhsagar, Braganza Ghats, Goa.
Camera: Canon PowereShot SX20 IS.
Epic Struggle: Coal train starts off on Ardglen Bank. Wed 03/11/10
8251-8220-8255 come to a stand at Ardglen on an up loaded coal with
8133-8012-8111 on the rear pushing. Shortly after 8232-8208-8227 roll down
the grade on an empty coal. The loaded train then slowly gets he 72 loaded
wagons moving again on the 1 in 40 ( 2.5%) grade with much wheel slip and
Super Series Squeals. The bank engines can be seen detaching "on the fly"
at around the 09 45 mark. They will return light engine back to Werris
Creek to await their next banking job. Once a train to be banked has
passed Werris Creek it will proceed to Willow Tree and await the bank
engines which will follow them down from Werris Creek. Wed 03/11/10.
Black Widow E8 Running In the Street
Arizona Eastern's Copper Spike passenger train is begining it's second run
of Sat. April 23rd, 2011. It is seen running down the middle of S. Pine
St. in Globe, AZ. E8 number 6070 (built as Chicago & Northwestern 5029B)
looks great in it's Southern Pacific inspired Black Widow paint sceme,
while new for this year, are the Illinios Central painted passenger cars.
The Budd Super Dome was a part of last seasons consist while still wearing
it's Holland America sceme, but new for this season is former IC
observation car Mardi Gras, which I was told actually served on the IC's
City of New Orleans.
Gresley A4 60009 passes through Biggleswade
On a chilly Saturday evening, amid the normal comings and goings at
Biggleswade station, the unmistakable chime whistle of a Gresley A4 rends
the chilly air and 60009 'Union of South Africa' thunders through on the up
fast with a steam special returning to Kings Cross.
Eisenbahn-Fest Staßfurt 1/2 - Steam Train - Züge
Dieser Film ist auch auf meiner DVD "Eisenbahnfeste Staßfurt und Nossen"
In Staßfurt fand im Juni 2011 ein wunderschönes Eisenbahnfest statt.
Vor Ort waren Dampflokomotiven unterschiedlicher Baureihen, von denen auch
einige unter Dampf waren.
Man konnte Pendelfahrten auf dem Führerstand machen und auch ein Güterzug
fuhr für die Besucher um Foto- und Videoaufnahmen zu ermöglichen.
Als Gast kam dann noch ein Sonderzug, der von der ölgefeuerten Lokomotive
41 096, die mit einer imposanten Geräuschkulisse ihrer Brenner imponierte.
Dieser Film ist Teil 1 des zweiteiligen Filmes.
This video is a part from my DVD "Eisenbahnfeste Staßfurt und Nossen".
60007 breathtaking footplate run into Kings Cross
On the footplate of LNER A4 60007 Sir Nigel Gresley in a 75mph dash through
the twilight into London Kings Cross with the Cathedrals Express on 31 May
2008. In the hands of Driver Ron Smith, Fireman Pete Hanson and the
footplate crew from West Coast Railway Co and the A4 Locomotive Society,
Gresley is eased out of Gasworks Tunnel into Kings Cross four and a half
MALLARD at 126mph the worlds fastest steam locomotive
A recreation of what Mallard would have looked like when coming down Stoke
Bank 1n 1938 at the world record speed of 126mph. The loco is actually
60007 Sir Nigel Gresley coming down the bank on 11th June 1995, it was
doing 86mph. See the original shot.