60009 on the move
A4 Union of South Africa runs alongside the M5 in Devon, faster than any steam train since 1965 not
much short of the magic figure.This was a return journey of a steam
railtour in Jan./Feb 1995 what a mind blowing experience WOW !!!
The Best of British Steam Compilation 2012
Finally, 2012 draws to a close and now it's time to recollect on the best
moments of the British Railway Steam scene, including tours, private
charters, overnight land cruises, empty stock workings and light engine
movements from all corners of the UK:
1. 17/11: Stanier built Princess Royal Class, 6201 'Princess Elizabeth' is
seen running the steam leg of the 'Cumbrian Mountaineer' from Tyseley to
Carlisle through Oxenholme.
2. 15/09: BR Standard Class 7 flagship number 70000 'Britannia' and LNER A4
Pacific 4464 'Bittern' are seen blasting southbound through Teignmouth with
the 'Mayflower' tour from London Euston to Plymouth.
3. 07/10: LMS Princess Coronation Class 46233 'Duchess of Sutherland' is
seen screaming through the night with the southbound leg of the 'Caledonian
Railtour' from Stirling to Wolverhampton.
4. 04/02: On the second run of the 'Cumbrian Mountain Express', LMS Stanier
Class 5 45305 is seen departing Preston for Carlisle running via Blackburn
and the Settle and Carlisle route
5. On the way back from Plymouth, 70000 'Britannia' and 4464 'Bittern' are
seen racing north through Teignmouth with the returning 'Mayflower' tour to
6. 12/08: BR Standard Class 7 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' is seen gliding
through Totnes with the southbound 'Royal Duchy' from Bristol Temple Meads
7. 19/08: On her first run on the 'Torbay Express' for 2012, 4464 'Bittern'
is seen racing through Teignmouth with the southbound leg to Kingswear
8. 05/08: unique BR Standard Class 8 71000 'Duke of Gloucester' is seen
blasting south through Teignmouth on the 'Torbay Express' from Bristol
Temple Meads to Kingswear
9. 02/09: 4464 'Bittern' is once again seen on the 'Torbay Express', this
time speeding south through Dawlish Warren
10. 17/11: Returning from Carlisle on the 'Cumbrian Mountaineer', 6201
'Princess Elizabeth' is seen powering down the Settle and Carlisle at
Armathwaite bound for Tyseley
11. 21/04: LMS Royal Scot Class 46115 'Scots Guardsman' is seen reversing
out of Carnforth steam town before steaming northbound up the WCML towards
Carlisle in preparation to haul its part of the Great Britain tour
12. 29/07: 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' is seen gliding through Teignmouth bound
13. 27/04: former Southern Railway built Bullied Light Pacific 34067
'Tangmere' of the Battle of Britain fleet is seen trundling through Preston
with a light engine working from Carnforth to Bristol Barton Hill
14. 10/03: Running the 'Shap, Settle and Carlisle' tour from Wolverhampton
to Carlisle, GWR Castle Class 5043 'Earl of Mount Edgcumbe' and 6201
'Princess Elizabeth' are seen accelerating away from the yards at Carnforth
15. 27/04: 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' is seen climbing away from Preston
through Leyland with the 'Great Britain' tour from Preston to Bristol
16. 15/07: 70000 'Britannia' is seen with its safety valves blowing off
loudly as it rumbles slowly along the Sea Wall at Teignmouth with the
17. 18/03: LMS Stanier 8F 48151 is seen departing Preston in classic form
with the 'Roses Express' from Preston to York
18. 15/12: After arriving from Bristol Temple Meads with the 'Christmas
Devonian', 34067 'Tangmere' is seen departing for Exeter Riverside with the
empty stock for that tour
19. 19/08: On its first run on the 'Torbay Express', 4464 'Bittern' is seen
climbing out of Torre with the return working to Bristol Temple Meads
20. 09/03: After a quick water stop, 5043 'Earl of Mount Edgcumbe' and 6201
'Princess Elizabeth' are seen departing from Preston with a light engine
working to Carnforth
21. 22/07: 70000 'Britannia' bursts out of Parson's Tunnel near Teignmouth
with the 'Torbay Express' bound for Kingswear
22. 05/08: 71000 'Duke of Gloucester' is seen racing out from under Shaldon
Bridge at Teignmouth with the return leg of the 'Torbay Express'
23. 26/04: Arriving with the 'Great Britain' tour, 46233 'Duchess of
Sutherland' is seen arriving at Preston from Glasgow Central
24. 15/04: GWR Manor Class 7827 'Lydham Manor' is seen climbing from
Goodrington Sands bound for Kingswear
25. 05/08: 70013 'Oliver Cromwell' passes Teignmouth with the 'Royal Duchy'
bound for Par
26. 01/12: 60009 'Union of South Africa' runs the 'Christmas White Rose'
north past Ryther bound for York
27. 5043 'Earl of Mount Edgcumbe' is seen rumbling through Bamber Bridge
with the returning 'Shap, Settle and Carlisle' tour bound for Wolverhampton
28. 70000 'Britannia' blasts north through Teignmouth with the 'Torbay
Express' for Bristol
29. 28/07: 71000 'Duke of Gloucester' and 60163 'Tornado' are seen running
through Teignmouth with the 'Tamar Devonian'
30. 27/04: 46233 'Duchess of Sutherland' is seen passing Leyland light
engine bound for Crewe
31. 22/07: 70000 'Britannia' once again blasts past Teignmouth with the
'Torbay Express' to Bristol
32. 02/09: 4464 'Bittern' races through Teignmouth for Bristol with the
Enjoy (I certainly did!) :D
Sir Nigel Gresley over the Settle-Carlisle from the Footplate - excerpt
An excerpt from the DVD Sir Nigel Gresley over the Settle Carlisle from BNT
Productions available at www.qleap.co.uk. An exhilarating rail journey over
one of Britain's toughest rail routes. Powering past Settle Junction at the
start of the long drag, Driver/Inspector Ron Smith and Fireman Pete Hanson
give an insight into the footplate task in getting a spectacular
performance out of the classic Pacific locomotive on it's route over the
Union Pacific 3985 Catches FIRE on 1999 excursion
All Aboard now as we witness a UP#3985 excursion grind to a halt with a
Fire on the Historic Locomotive and the quick thinking Steam Crew Puts it
out before the Volunteer Fire Dept gets there! then ride along side as she
trys to make up lost time on a highball run into old Cheyenne WY check out
this old excursion brochure i found recently at
And Try to to see this IMAX film http://www.rockymountainexpressfilm.com/
The Best train movie I have seen
Wheelslip + Sanding + Smoking: 5 WDG4s with a Coal Train!
10 January 2011, 1127hrs.
Twin WDG4s come smoking out of a tunnel and roar up the Braganza Ghats with
a loaded coal train, with triple WDG4 bankers bringing up the rear. Listen
to the ear-splitting wheelslip noise as the locos use sanding to fight
their way up the formidable gradient!
Location: Dudhsagar, Braganza Ghats, Goa.
Camera: Canon PowereShot SX20 IS.
Black Widow E8 Running In the Street
Arizona Eastern's Copper Spike passenger train is begining it's second run
of Sat. April 23rd, 2011. It is seen running down the middle of S. Pine
St. in Globe, AZ. E8 number 6070 (built as Chicago & Northwestern 5029B)
looks great in it's Southern Pacific inspired Black Widow paint sceme,
while new for this year, are the Illinios Central painted passenger cars.
The Budd Super Dome was a part of last seasons consist while still wearing
it's Holland America sceme, but new for this season is former IC
observation car Mardi Gras, which I was told actually served on the IC's
City of New Orleans.
Eisenbahn-Fest Staßfurt 1/2 - Steam Train - Züge
Dieser Film ist auch auf meiner DVD "Eisenbahnfeste Staßfurt und Nossen"
In Staßfurt fand im Juni 2011 ein wunderschönes Eisenbahnfest statt.
Vor Ort waren Dampflokomotiven unterschiedlicher Baureihen, von denen auch
einige unter Dampf waren.
Man konnte Pendelfahrten auf dem Führerstand machen und auch ein Güterzug
fuhr für die Besucher um Foto- und Videoaufnahmen zu ermöglichen.
Als Gast kam dann noch ein Sonderzug, der von der ölgefeuerten Lokomotive
41 096, die mit einer imposanten Geräuschkulisse ihrer Brenner imponierte.
Dieser Film ist Teil 1 des zweiteiligen Filmes.
This video is a part from my DVD "Eisenbahnfeste Staßfurt und Nossen".
Trains in a Hurry
High speed trains in a hurry to their destination, I know some of the
engines in the pictures aren't moving but they are designed for high speed
A tribute to the Gresley A4 Pacific's. If you want to know the name of a
certain engine just ask me which one you want to know and I'll tell you.
60163 Tornado Steam Engine launch
Tornado is the first steam engine to be built in Britain for 50 years. She
is a Peppercorn Class A1, named after her designer. These scenes of her
public debut at Darlington Locomotive Works form part of an upcoming DVD
release which will also feature the reunion of four A4 Pacifics at the
National Railway Museum, York. A detailed history of the project can be
found on the official website, www.a1steam.com