Fifth Gear s23e11
Fifth Gear is a British show and as implied by the title, it's about cars.
The hosts have motorsport backgrounds and take you under the hoods of the
speedsters and conduct tests and stunts to see what different cars are
of. This episode: Mini offroad, Llamborghini and Kia.
2012 BMW 3 vs Mercedes S-Class Drag Race
OMG the time has come. 2012 drag race between 2006 BMW 325i and 2002
Mercedes-Benz S-Class 320L CDI. In the video the beamer wins but the
reality is that we ran several tests and both cars are equal. At the
begining the beamer starts first ... then benz is catching up - 470 Nm ...
than the benz is chatching up again - it has higher max speed in the 1st
gear) and then they are even :) They go head to head rest of the way.
The Tire-Punishing, 400HP Turbo BMW E30! - /TUNED
The BMW E30 is quickly becoming a cult classic among the DIY, autocross,
and track crowd. And though the M3 version may be climbing so quickly in
price, soon no one will be able to afford one, the 325i, as it turns out,
has some chops as a great platform for tuning. Kameron Baker's homebuilt
E30 is just about the nicest one we've seen, and if you think it looks
great, wait till you see how it drives.
Part 1: Installing shocks and struts on a BMW 3 series 06 thru 12 (E90, E91, E92, E93)
BLOG ARTICLE: http://blog.bavauto.com/14344
"Like" us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/BavarianAutosport
"Follow" us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/BavAuto
"Subscribe" to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/BavarianAuto
Visit our online store - http://www.bavauto.com/
All of the items shown in these videos are available in our online store at
http://www.bavauto.com/. Need additional tech help? Please visit our tech
blog for thousands of Tech and DIY BMW and MINI articles at:
In Part-1 of this two part series, we will replace the front shock (strut)
assembly on a typical BMW E90, E91, E92 and E93 3-series chassis (06-12).
See Part-2 for the rear shock replacement.
The Bentley repair manuals will cover standard shock and spring replacement
for the various BMW and MINI models. This DIY will assume that the DIYer
has the applicable Bentley manual for additional reference as well as
fastener torque values. Note that we will be installing the Koni Sport
shocks. However, the procedures would be the same for any common
• New shocks/struts (Bilstein, Koni, Sachs, etc.)
• New Shock install kits (compression bumpers, dust shields, spring pads,
• New upper strut and shock mounts
• New strut & shock mount gaskets (as required)
• Rear shock mount reinforcing plates
• Bentley Repair Manual
* BavAuto spring compressor tool
• BavAuto Non-Marring pry bar set
• 13mm through 18mm ½"drive socket & ratchet set with various extensions
• 4mm through 8mm Allen keys or bits (for ratchet use)
• 13mm through 18mm combination wrench set
• Assorted flat and Phillips screwdrivers
FRONT (applies directly to the E90/91/92/93 3-series, but other late model
BMWs are similar):
1) Safely raise the front of car, with suspension hanging.
2) Remove the wheels.
3) Disconnect the upper end of the swaybar link from the shock/strut
bracket. Note that the through-stud for the link's upper joint (as well as
the lower) must be secured using a 16mm to 18mm thin open end wrench.
4) Remove the inner fender liner (in order to access the forward control
arm bushing through-bolt.
5) Loosen the forward control arm through-bolt. Do not remove the bolt.
6) Loosen the rearward control arm bushing through-bolt and nut. Do not
remove the bolt and nut.
7) Remove the strut mounting pinch-bolt. The bolt goes through the strut
mounting clamp on the wheel hub/spindle assembly and has a nut on the
opposite side (some models do not use nuts; the bolt threads into the
8) Set the mounting bracket for the ABS sensor wire, brake pad wear sensor
wire (left side only) and brake fluid hose aside.
9) Disconnect the wires and hose from the chassis bracket and the chassis
wiring harness plugs, inside the connector box.
10) If the vehicle has adaptive headlights (self-aiming), disconnect the
sensor link from the control arm or the sensor bell-crank arm. The sensors
may only be present on one side of the vehicle.
11) Dismount the brake calipr from the caliper mounting bracket, remove the
caliper and hang it inside the wheel well area using a wire or stretch
12) Place a support or jack under the lower control arm to support the
suspension as the upper strut mount nuts are removed.
13) Remove the three 13mm nuts that secure the upper mount to the body
(strut tower), under the hood.
14) Gently lower the jack or support, from step-12, and lower the strut
assembly. Pull the strut assembly up and out of the hub/spindle. A helper
may need to push down on the hub/spindle as you pull the strut upward. If
the clamp is too tight for the strut to pull out, use a cold-chisel or
large flat-blade screwdriver as a wedge to open the clamp a bit. Tap the
wedge into the split in the clamp (from the top). This will widen the
clamp and allow the strut to be removed.
15) Once removed from the hub/spindle clamp, remove the strut assembly from
the wheel well area.
16) Install a spring compressor to the spring on the strut assembly.
Compress the spring until you can tell that the spring pressure is relieved
from the upper and lower spring seats.
17) We're sorry, but the description can not be any longer (youtube
requirement). Watch the video and see our tech blog for the full DIY steps
All products noted in this video can be purchased in our online store,
http://www.bavauto.com/, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are also
welcome to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call into our headquarters and
speak to our knowledgeable advisors at (800) 535-2002 (Mon.-Thurs. 8AM to
9PM EST, Fri. 8AM to 7PM EST, and Sat. 9AM to 4PM EST).
ULTIMATE ANTI CRASH - Fifth Gear
Tiff is testing out the latest anti-crash AEB (Autonomous Emergency
Braking) systems in the Mercedes S Class, the Volvo V40 and the VW up!
For more fantastic car reviews, shoot-outs and all your favourite Fifth
Gear moments, subscribe to our Official Channel -
Большой тест-драйв (видеоверсия): BMW 3 серии
Все наши тесты: btdrive.ru
В «Большом тест-драйве» автомобиль,
который Сергей Стиллавин хотел бы иметь
в своём владении, Рустам Вахидов
признает его высокое качество, но
отмечает небольшие проблемы с
управляемостью, а Виктория Колосова
заявила, что он (автомобиль) «ну...