PCA Watkins Glen 5.20.07
My Evo and a friend's S2000 making headway through a PCA session at the
Glen. Evo was pulling nice through the uphills and the s2000 had incredible
Great event with a great group of people. Much fun was had.
VW goes off track on second lap. Nice guy he laughed about it afterwards. I
hope he gets to find this.
Watkins Glen 2009 - Bill Auberlen & Joey Hand
BEST VIEWED IN HD! This is DUAL in-car footage from both the #96 Turner
Motorsport BMW M3 and the #97 Turner Motorsport BMW M3. From Round 6 of the
Grand-Am KONI Challenge race at Watkins Glen, June 7, 2009. Footage begins
with Bill & Joey coming in for their final pit-stop (under a full course
caution) to take fuel and tires. The video then skips ahead a few minutes
to the restart -- where some SERIOUS nose-to-tail racing ensues. Both Bill
and Joey fight their way through some seriously dense traffic to make their
way back up to the front positions. Once the ST class traffic has been
cleared, the video jumpt to a battle with 2 Mustangs, and lastly to Bill and Joey
trying to fend off a Porsche. In the end, the TRG Porsche piloted by Andy
Lally is able to get by both Bill and Joey's Turner M3s to win the race,
though not without a hard fight from the TMS BMWs.
Turner Motorsport wants to congratulate the following people:
- Bill Auberlen & Matt Bell for their 2nd place finish. Matt also qualified
the car on pole, and held the car in 1st/2nd through his stint.
- Joey Hand & Chris Gleason for their 3rd place finish. Joey also turned
the fastest lap of the race!
- Andy Lally & John Potter in the #41 TRG Porsche 997 for the hard fought
win. (See you in Mid-Ohio!)
- The Turner Motorsport sponsors:
* H&R Sprongs - Germany's best springs & suspensions
* StopTech Brakes - providing our BMWs with the best brakes.
* MOTUL Fluids - High tech lubricants, race winning performance
* Pagid Brake Pads - High performance friction we count on.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1967 USA GP at Watkins Glen
Winner: Jim Clark (Lotus-Ford)
Pole position: Graham Hill (Lotus-Ford) - 1:05.48
Fastest Lap: Graham Hill (Lotus-Ford) - 1:06.0
Nine Days In Summer - Ford Archive Gems DVD 1967
Watkins Glen Qualifying
"Front Row" Joe Foster qualifies on pole for the second straight Grand-Am
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race at Watkins Glen International.
It is Joe's ninth career pole and third of the 2011 Grand-Am CTSCC season.