Turbo Saturn Drag Race - 13.259 @ 110.10 - 1.87 60'!
"Well, I believe that's a front wheel drive Saturn doing a pretty good job
against that pickup truck in the Dodge lane."
1st to 2nd was sloppy but still managed a 13.259. 12 second Saturn all day
if everything goes right :)!
Turbo Saturn SL2 Drag Race - 12.931 @ 111.83 MPH - Alternate View
12.931 @ 111.83 MPH!
This is my first time breaking into the 12's! 16PSI of Boost. This video was taken from the track
List of Mods:
- Stock 1993 Block
- Custom Wiseco Forged Pistons (Stock Bore) - 8.8:1 Compression Ratio
- Custom SCAT Forged Rods
- 1999+ Crankshaft
- Clevite Main/Rod Bearings
- Personally (Mildly) Ported and Polished Head
- ARP Head Studs
- .030" Valve Spring Shims
- High Temp Valve Seals
- Stock Cams - Dual Intake Cam Mod
- Stock Intake Manifold
- Stock 1995 SL2 Taper Bored Throttle Body
- T04E 60 Trim turbo w/Internal
- Custom Tubular turboExhaust Manifold
- CX Racing Intercooler (29"
x 11" x 3")
- 2.5" Intercooler Piping
- 2.5" Full Exhaust w/Exhaust Dump
- 2000+ Tie-Plate (Girdle) and Oil Pan
- Stock Flywheel
- Fully Balanced Rotating Assembly
- 55lb/hr. Injectors
- MSD 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires
- AEM UEGO Wideband O2 Sensor/Gauge
- Autometer Phantom Series Boost
- 24.5" x 8" x 15" Slicks
- MegaSquirt 2 Extra DIY EFI Controller: Controlling Fuel/Spark
- Launch Control, Boost Control,
Idle Control & Fan Control
- DIY Voltage Booster - Pressure
- Walbro 255 LPH High Pressure Fuel Pump
- Ice Cold Air Conditioning
- Stock MP3 Transmission - Custom Quaife LSD
- ACT 6-Puck Sprung Clutch
- 2000 Dogbone Motor Mounts - Prothane Polyurethane Motor Mounts
- Windo-Welded TAM (Top Engine Mount) & Lower Transmission Mounts
- Polyurethane Lower Control Arm & Sway Bar Mounts
- H&R Sport Springs Mounted on KYB Struts - 1.3" Drop
1999 saturn sl2.
UPDATE just bought a bodykit from Anydys auto sport 24/05/12
Heres the link to HIDs and LEDs i installed.
Having fun, Project car, rebuilt the whole motor, cleaned the tranny.
17" VOX Rims 205 40 17 General Exclaim UHP, Using nothing but full
synthetic oil, Castrol Synthetic.
Had the Head reconditioned at Arsenault Cylinder Heads Ltd in
1997 Saturn SL2. Bone stock except for full magnaflow dual Exhaust seen in other video, run on mid-grade
gas, 115K miles and burns no oil. 0-60 in about 8 or 9 seconds. and the
total run was ~0-90. You cant make fun of these cars. They run
exceptionally good for 4 cylinders and beat many other 4 cylinders.
I have personally raced from dead stop and beat:
-2002 Ford Escape with the V6
-1998 Nissan Pathfinder with the V6
-2001 Chevy Cavalier with bodykit (not sure if it was a Z24 or not)
-1999 Honda Accord with a 4 cylinder
And the best: a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT4. He missed 2nd gear though so i wont
Everybody talks crap about Saturns and my friend use to too until he rode
in mine. He was very impressed at the acceleration and the responsiveness.
Yes I know its not a V6 or a V8. Yes i know i can get walked on by Camaro's, Firebird's, Mustang's, VTEC's, etc. Im not saying
I have the fastest car, Im jus showing what a saturn is capable of in case
people are wondering. ENJOY! DONT TALK TRASH ABOUT IT