1994 saturn sl1 1.9 4cyl 5spd
hi i have a 1994 4 door saturn sl1 its a 1.9 4cyl 5spd it has a k&n
performance kit it has 258,000kms on the original engine and transmission
it is e-tested but not certified it shifts drives an starts good does come
with dual cd deck will trade it for a e-tested 4x4 or 2wd ford pickup or
suv or a fwd or rwd ford or mercury or lincoln or mazda car the saturn can
be seen in stratford ontario or in woodstock ontario at 400 spring bank in
the bigham the mover parking lot
2002 Saturn sl2 and it has taken everything the only car I lost to is a BMW
1994 Saturn SL2 Compression Test - Do I need to replace piston rings?
First time doing a compression test. Apologies for noob comments during
the video : )
Cylinders 1, 2, and 3: 210 psi right away
Cylinder 4: 170 psi
After adding a capful of oil to each cylinder, they all go up to between
225 and 250, with the 4th cylinder at 235.
The things I'm reading say piston rings are worn. The difference between
the first 3 and the 4th is 40 psi. The difference after adding the little
bit of oil is +/- 12.5 psi across all 4 (less than 6% variation, or 10%
from highest to lowest).
So the question is, is it bad enough to warrant an engine rebuild?
I used to get 36 mpg freeway now I'm getting 30. Some of that could be due
to other problems though.
Turbo Saturn SL2 Drag Race - 13.113 @ 116.69 MPH - In-Car View
13.113 @ 116.69 MPH!
This is just the in-car view.
I turned the adjustment on the wastegate 2 turns and the Boost shot up to 20+ PSI. I wasn't expecting
this to happen so the car spun badly through first gear. I also
short-shifted 3-4 by about 1000 RPM but I was able to run over 116 MPH.
List of Mods:
- Stock 1993 Block
- Custom Wiseco Forged Pistons (Stock Bore) - 8.8:1 Compression Ratio
- Custom SCAT Forged Rods
- 1999+ Crankshaft
- Clevite Main/Rod Bearings
- Personally (Mildly) Ported and Polished Head
- ARP Head Studs
- .030" Valve Spring Shims
- High Temp Valve Seals
- Stock Cams - Dual Intake Cam Mod
- Stock Intake Manifold
- Stock 1995 SL2 Taper Bored Throttle Body
- T04E 60 Trim turbo w/Internal
- Custom Tubular turboExhaust Manifold
- CX Racing Intercooler (29"
x 11" x 3")
- 2.5" Intercooler Piping
- 2.5" Full Exhaust w/Exhaust Dump
- 2000+ Tie-Plate (Girdle) and Oil Pan
- Stock Flywheel
- Fully Balanced Rotating Assembly
- 55lb/hr. Injectors
- MSD 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires
- AEM UEGO Wideband O2 Sensor/Gauge
- Autometer Phantom Series Boost
- 24.5" x 8" x 15" Slicks
- MegaSquirt 2 Extra DIY EFI Controller: Controlling Fuel/Spark
- Launch Control, Boost Control,
Idle Control & Fan Control
- DIY Voltage Booster - Pressure
- Walbro 255 LPH High Pressure Fuel Pump
- Ice Cold Air Conditioning
- Stock MP3 Transmission - Custom Quaife LSD
- ACT 6-Puck Sprung Clutch
- 2000 Dogbone Motor Mounts - Prothane Polyurethane Motor Mounts
- Windo-Welded TAM (Top Engine Mount) & Lower Transmission Mounts
- Polyurethane Lower Control Arm & Sway Bar Mounts
- H&R Sport Springs Mounted on KYB Struts - 1.3" Drop
Saturn SL2 accel/braking run
Saturn SL2 accel/braking run. Zero to about 70, then back to zero. Car is
stock except for a short ram intake. Also, the video was recorded in
widescreen but the YouTube conversion squished it horizontally.
Seafoam 1998 Saturn Sl2
Using a carbon-eliminating product called Seafoam. Have used it in all my
cars and will never stop. Do it about every third oil change :]
a ripp in the saturn sl2
had a shitty launch nd for ppl in the saturn would would know i got the
single cam trans mp2
-- its a 2001 sl1 with a 94 sc2 head dual intake cam modd, custom intake,
obx hedder- stock cat- hks muffler