General Motors' EN-V concept - we ride shotgun
TheChargingPoint.com recently got a ride in GM's incredible EN-V concept,
designed to combat the problems of overcrowding, parking availability and
air quality within the city of tomorrow.
Read our report at
Music credit: danosongs.com
LA Auto Show Design Challenge 2012 - General Motors Advanced Design Concept
General Motors Advanced Design 2012 entry for the LA Auto Design Challenge.
This year's Design Challenge theme, Highway Patrol Vehicle 2025, called
upon premier automotive design studios to create the ultimate 2025 law
enforcement patrol vehicle that supports the needs of dynamic urban
environments. Six automotive design studios from BMW, General Motors,
Honda, Mercedes-Benz and Subaru showcased entries featuring cutting-edge
vehicle designs with drone technology, land and air capabilities, electric
vehicle systems and renewable resource-fueled vehicles equipped with
"All judges were impressed with the high level of innovation and technology
from the finalists this year," said Chuck Pelly from Design LA.
As the first major North American auto show of the season, the 2012 LA Auto
Show will host some of the industry's most important new vehicle debuts and
set the tone for the rest of the year. Following Press Days, the show
becomes one of the best attended public auto shows in the world. To receive
the latest show news and information, follow the LA Auto Show on Twitter at
twitter.com/LAAutoShow, visit the Facebook page at
facebook.com/LosAngelesAutoShow and sign up for alerts at LAAutoShow.com.
GM ( Chevrolet or GMC ) 4.3 L V6 Engine Tear Down
This video goes through the teardown process of a GM 4.3L V6. It has been
removed from the vehicle and we take it apart, except for crank and piston
The automobile consist of:
• Fuel System: Purpose is to deliver fuel to the engine. It consists of
the fuel tank, pump, gauge/sensor, filter, pressure regulator and
• Air Intake System: Purpose is to clean and direct outside air into the
engine. It consist of air filter, ducts, air plenum and intake manifold.
• Exhaust System: Purpose is to
direct Exhaust gasses out of
combustion out of engine. It consists of the Exhaust manifold, converters, pipes and
• Cooling System: Purpose is to remove excess heat from the engine. It
consists of water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, cooling fan and
coolant recovery tank. Also the oil system serves as a cooling system as
well as a lubricating system. It consist of oil pump, pan, filter and
1. Clutch: Purpose is to connect the engine and transmission together. It
consists of clutch drive disc, driven disc, release bearing, clutch fork,
cable, slave cylinder, master cylinder. There are three types of clutch
systems: mechanical, cable and hydraulic.
2. Transmission: Purpose is to match engine speed to road speed. Two types
used are manual or automatic. These consist of gears, linkages, cables and
converters for automatics. A manual is connected to the clutch by a
flywheel and automatic by a flexplate.
3. Driveshaft: Purpose is to connect the transmission to the rear axle. It
consists of a slip yoke, shaft and universal joints.
4. Rear axle differential: Purpose is to change the angle of motion from
engine to the wheels. It also divides torque between the wheels. It
consists of a ring and pinion gear, carrier, bearings, crush sleeve and
5. Wheels/Tires: Purpose is to provide traction to the road as well as
carry the weight of the vehicle.
Vehicle Control Systems:
1. Brakes: Purpose is to slow and stop the vehicle. It consists of master
cylinder, brake Booster (vacuum or
hydraulic), calipers, drums, pads and rotors.
2. Steering: Purpose is to direct vehicle in the required direction.
Consists of steering gear (rack & pinion), steering wheel, column,
inner/outer tie rods, pump, reservoir, hoses and pipes.
3. Suspension: Purpose is to provide stability and handling while also
providing comfort to the ride. Consists of shocks, struts, sway bars, end
links, springs, trailing arms and bushings.
1: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC): Heats and cools interior
air to passenger comfort. Also circulates outside and inside air.
• Air Conditioning: Consist of condenser, compressor, accumulator
(receiver/dryer) orifice, expansion valve, hoses, evaporator, controls,
actuators and modules.
• Heating: Consists of heater core, valves, hoses and switches.
1. Power Generation: Creates electrical power to run all the electrical
systems. Consists of the alternator.
2. Power storage: Stores unused power to start the car and supply voltage
to the alternator to create more electricity.
• Both systems consist of wiring, harnesses, fuse, relays and modules
Some of the latest concept cars of the future.
The Slide Show Consisted of Pictures From the Internet (Google, Discovery
Channel, Daily Planet) were some of My Main Resources. I Do Not Claim or
Own These Pictures, They are only For ENTERTAINMENT Purposes Only
Dodge Charger Concept
Next Generation Dodge Charger Design Proposal for 2010 by designer Michael
Kevin Morgan Goes To Year One Experience & The Bandit Run
Graphic Designer Kevin Morgan from Canton, PA recently went to Atlanta
Georgia to The Year One Experience & The Bandit Run. He got to meet Chip
Foose, Year One, & Chris from Hot Rod Magazine. He also got interviewed by
Year One on the DIY Network. The purpose of the trip was to promote his
Concept Trans Am Drawing & meet people on The Bandit Run.
Trans Am Concept Car Video - Kevin Morgan
This is a short video of the Trans Am Concept car I drew that was published
in HotRod, High Performance Pontiac, Popular Hot Rodding & Smoke Signals
Magazines. For more information go to myspace.com/transamconcept. Bring It
Back GM! Please help me spread the word!