General Motors' EN-V concept - we ride shotgun
TheChargingPoint.com recently got a ride in GM's incredible EN-V concept,
designed to combat the problems of overcrowding, parking availability and
air quality within the city of tomorrow.
Read our report at
Music credit: danosongs.com
700hp GM LS3 all motor V8 street engine by CID cylinder heads
Competition Induction Design ( CID ) LS stroker V8 engine build and Dyno tune. The LS3 based 419ci
V8 features a Callies crank and connecting rod and breathes thorugh CID LS3
port design cylinder heads. Watch as it makes over 700hp still retaining a
hydraulic roller camshaft running on pump 98-octane RON unleaded. [
Creative Commons music license CC 3.0
Music: Severed Fifth
GM Corvette Stingray Concept Driven And Detailed
The GM Corvette Stingray concept has a conceptual hybrid powertrain and
iPhone app-like downloads, it represents a merger of GM design and
technology from the past, present and future. Visit
gh+tech-hybrid-super-car to learn more about it.
GM ( Chevrolet or GMC ) 4.3 L V6 Engine Tear Down
This video goes through the teardown process of a GM 4.3L V6. It has been
removed from the vehicle and we take it apart, except for crank and piston
The automobile consist of:
• Fuel System: Purpose is to deliver fuel to the engine. It consists of
the fuel tank, pump, gauge/sensor, filter, pressure regulator and
• Air Intake System: Purpose is to clean and direct outside air into the
engine. It consist of air filter, ducts, air plenum and intake manifold.
• Exhaust System: Purpose is to
direct Exhaust gasses out of
combustion out of engine. It consists of the Exhaust manifold, converters, pipes and
• Cooling System: Purpose is to remove excess heat from the engine. It
consists of water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, cooling fan and
coolant recovery tank. Also the oil system serves as a cooling system as
well as a lubricating system. It consist of oil pump, pan, filter and
1. Clutch: Purpose is to connect the engine and transmission together. It
consists of clutch drive disc, driven disc, release bearing, clutch fork,
cable, slave cylinder, master cylinder. There are three types of clutch
systems: mechanical, cable and hydraulic.
2. Transmission: Purpose is to match engine speed to road speed. Two types
used are manual or automatic. These consist of gears, linkages, cables and
converters for automatics. A manual is connected to the clutch by a
flywheel and automatic by a flexplate.
3. Driveshaft: Purpose is to connect the transmission to the rear axle. It
consists of a slip yoke, shaft and universal joints.
4. Rear axle differential: Purpose is to change the angle of motion from
engine to the wheels. It also divides torque between the wheels. It
consists of a ring and pinion gear, carrier, bearings, crush sleeve and
5. Wheels/Tires: Purpose is to provide traction to the road as well as
carry the weight of the vehicle.
Vehicle Control Systems:
1. Brakes: Purpose is to slow and stop the vehicle. It consists of master
cylinder, brake Booster (vacuum or
hydraulic), calipers, drums, pads and rotors.
2. Steering: Purpose is to direct vehicle in the required direction.
Consists of steering gear (rack & pinion), steering wheel, column,
inner/outer tie rods, pump, reservoir, hoses and pipes.
3. Suspension: Purpose is to provide stability and handling while also
providing comfort to the ride. Consists of shocks, struts, sway bars, end
links, springs, trailing arms and bushings.
1: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC): Heats and cools interior
air to passenger comfort. Also circulates outside and inside air.
• Air Conditioning: Consist of condenser, compressor, accumulator
(receiver/dryer) orifice, expansion valve, hoses, evaporator, controls,
actuators and modules.
• Heating: Consists of heater core, valves, hoses and switches.
1. Power Generation: Creates electrical power to run all the electrical
systems. Consists of the alternator.
2. Power storage: Stores unused power to start the car and supply voltage
to the alternator to create more electricity.
• Both systems consist of wiring, harnesses, fuse, relays and modules