hq holden run
hq holden run from jimboomba shell servo to wyaralong dam
How to Fix a Scratch and Paint with Base / Clear
Visit http://www.refinishnetwork.com for more videos, repair article, auto
body repair courses and auto body repair information. Join other auto body
technicians and discuss car painting techniques with auto body
professionals and enthusiasts.
This shows a minor scrape on a Mazda Miata. The scratch was feathered out,
primed and painted using BASF paint. There are many ways to get the job
done, this is what was done here:
1. The scratch was feathered out using 280 grit paper until each color was
seperated around 1/2".
2. Next it was backsanded to allow space for the primer to adhere.
3. It was primed with 2 coats of Glasurit 285-10/20 direct to metal
urethane primer and allowed to dry. It was primed with a devilbiss
finishline HVLP gun with a 1.6 tip.
4. Next it was blocksanded using 320 paper, then final sanded with some
400-500 grit paper. Using a block is optional there but recommended.
5. After taping it up it was painted using RM Diamont basecoat in 3 coats.
Each coat was allowed to flash about 5 minutes before the next one. Then 15
minutes before clearing. An Iwata LPH400 was used to apply the basecoat at
about 20 psi.
6. The clear coat used here was BASF DC5335 Glamour clear. It was applied
in 2 coats with about 10 minutes between coats. It was applied using an
Iwata W400 with about 26 PSI at the gauge.
A few dirt nibs were colorsanded and polished afterwards.