Megasquirted 3.1L V6 on stand part 2 of 2
Part 2 of the Megasquirted V6 on the engine stand. The engine
starts...runs, rev's freely, sounds great Screen shots of Megasquirt while
the engine is running and more tidbits of the test stand. The operational
similarities to FIS6 are quite surprising.
straight pipe v6 camaro
just a little rev clip... the backfires are from the computer not quite
being used to the pipes and the premium gas... i know the tips arent quite
even when i get my next check i will be getting chrome tips possibly
GM ( Chevrolet or GMC ) 4.3 L V6 Engine Tear Down
This video goes through the teardown process of a GM 4.3L V6. It has been
removed from the vehicle and we take it apart, except for crank and piston
The automobile consist of:
• Fuel System: Purpose is to deliver fuel to the engine. It consists of
the fuel tank, pump, gauge/sensor, filter, pressure regulator and
• Air Intake System: Purpose is to clean and direct outside air into the
engine. It consist of air filter, ducts, air plenum and intake manifold.
• Exhaust System: Purpose is to
direct Exhaust gasses out of
combustion out of engine. It consists of the Exhaust manifold, converters, pipes and
• Cooling System: Purpose is to remove excess heat from the engine. It
consists of water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, cooling fan and
coolant recovery tank. Also the oil system serves as a cooling system as
well as a lubricating system. It consist of oil pump, pan, filter and
1. Clutch: Purpose is to connect the engine and transmission together. It
consists of clutch drive disc, driven disc, release bearing, clutch fork,
cable, slave cylinder, master cylinder. There are three types of clutch
systems: mechanical, cable and hydraulic.
2. Transmission: Purpose is to match engine speed to road speed. Two types
used are manual or automatic. These consist of gears, linkages, cables and
converters for automatics. A manual is connected to the clutch by a
flywheel and automatic by a flexplate.
3. Driveshaft: Purpose is to connect the transmission to the rear axle. It
consists of a slip yoke, shaft and universal joints.
4. Rear axle differential: Purpose is to change the angle of motion from
engine to the wheels. It also divides torque between the wheels. It
consists of a ring and pinion gear, carrier, bearings, crush sleeve and
5. Wheels/Tires: Purpose is to provide traction to the road as well as
carry the weight of the vehicle.
Vehicle Control Systems:
1. Brakes: Purpose is to slow and stop the vehicle. It consists of master
cylinder, brake Booster (vacuum or
hydraulic), calipers, drums, pads and rotors.
2. Steering: Purpose is to direct vehicle in the required direction.
Consists of steering gear (rack & pinion), steering wheel, column,
inner/outer tie rods, pump, reservoir, hoses and pipes.
3. Suspension: Purpose is to provide stability and handling while also
providing comfort to the ride. Consists of shocks, struts, sway bars, end
links, springs, trailing arms and bushings.
1: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC): Heats and cools interior
air to passenger comfort. Also circulates outside and inside air.
• Air Conditioning: Consist of condenser, compressor, accumulator
(receiver/dryer) orifice, expansion valve, hoses, evaporator, controls,
actuators and modules.
• Heating: Consists of heater core, valves, hoses and switches.
1. Power Generation: Creates electrical power to run all the electrical
systems. Consists of the alternator.
2. Power storage: Stores unused power to start the car and supply voltage
to the alternator to create more electricity.
• Both systems consist of wiring, harnesses, fuse, relays and modules
A couple of friends and I got together and decided to put on a show for the
Dustin's 72 Z28 Camaro:
- Flowmaster 40's
Chase's 2001 Mustang GT
- JLT Rai
- Flowtech Afterburners
Kyle's 2007 Mustang V6
- Diablo Sport 93 Octane Performance Tune
- K&N Intake
- Throttle Body Spacer
- Flowmaster American Thunder
- Air Silencer Removed
Formula One V6 turbo: 2014 Rules Explained
Transforming Formula One: 2014 Rules Explained: CGI Clip
A new clip from Red Bull sees Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel explain
the 2014 Formula One regulations -- which are arguably the most complex the
sport has ever seen.
At the start, thousands of car parts simultaneously assemble around Dan to
form the RB10.
As Dan races to catch up Seb in his RB9, the World Champion's car becomes
transparent while travelling at full speed. The film then presents a visual
sequence that shows the 2014 regulation changes taking shape and coming to
life, as Seb's car transforms into an RB10.
As well as providing information on the new technical changes for 2014, the
clip also presents a unique view of the technology at work inside this
year's Formula One cars.
More information on the Red Bull Ring is available at
Follow us on social media @
3.1L V6 Camaro Magnaflow Muffler and Tips
Finally used a better camera, its too loud for the camera to pick up the
whole sound though.
Heres the Muffler thats installed. Every link to the magnaflow website
seems to change every now and then.
2015 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Head 2 Head Ep. 58
On this episode of Head 2 Head, presented by Tire Rack, Carlos Lago pits
the Chevrolet Camaro SS
against the new Ford Mustang GT. Not only are both packing
around 430 horsepower, but they both
have the most aggressive handling packages available with their respective
performance packs. These cars have been going at it for longer than some of
you watching have been alive, and they've never been better. To find out
which is best, we'll run them through the full gamut of MT testing, a drive
on the road, and hot laps with Randy Pobst. Find out which one wins this
classic American rivalry!
Subscribe now to make sure you're in on all the action!
Facebook - http://facebook.com/motortrendmag &
Twitter - http://twitter.com/motortrend & https://twitter.com/head2headshow
Google+ - https://plus.google.com/+motortrend/posts
Instagram - head2headshow
Website - http://www.motortrend.com