This item has been shown 1182 times.
Click HERE for more information about this part.
160 degree F thermostat for 2004 to 2008 Gen III and Gen IV V8 engines in Corvette, GTO, CTS-V, Impala SS and full size trucks
This a 160 degree F thermostat for the GM 4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L, 6.0L and 7.0L Gen III and Gen IV V8 engines found in most 2003-2008 model year vehicles (DOES NOT FIT 2007-2008 full size trucks or Trailblazer SS).
Direct factory replacement for the original equipment production stock 190 degree F thermostat (188 to 192). Includes new rubber seal (as shown in images).
Fits the following engine RPO codes (check Thermostat ID Page to verify fitment):
L59 LQ4 LS1LS2 LM4 LQ9 LS6LS7 LM7 LR4LH6
This thermostat fits 2004 and newer vehicles including: Corvette, Z06 Corvette, GTO, CTS-V, G8 GT, Grandprix GTP, Monte Carlo SS and Impala SS. Also fits 2004-2006 V8 equipped GM trucks including: Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, H2, Sierra, Silverado, SSR, Trailblazer, Envoy.
This thermostat does NOT fit the 2007 Trailblazer SS or the new 2007-2008 GM trucks. These vehicles have a different water pump and thermostat. We have 160 thermostats for these vehicles listed in our store.
Unless you have a new replacement service water pump, earlier vehicles (2003 and earlier) use a different thermostat. That means that this is NOT the correct thermostat for LS1 Camaro and Firebird applications unless you have switched to a new design water pump. Some cross over exists on 2004 vehicles, especially the 2004 GTO. Please check to make sure you are ordering the correct thermostat.
If you are not sure what style thermostat your vehicles needs, go to this page to help identify the differences:
Thermostat ID Page
The 160 degree thermostat allows your engine to run cooler, making more power by increasing charge density and reducing the propensity for knock. A cooler thermostat can often allow you to run more ignition timing at the new lower coolant temperatures.
The low temperature thermostat is especially helpful at the drag strip when you are trying to cool your engine down between runs. With a stock thermostat, once your coolant reaches 192 degrees, the thermostat is closed and it takes a lot longer to cool the engine down because no coolant is circulating through your radiator. With a 160 thermostat, this doesn't happen until your coolant reaches 160 degrees.
In order to take full advantage of the lower temperature thermostat, vehicles with electric fans will need to have the computer reprogrammed to run the fans at a lower temperature. This can be done by having your PCM/ECM custom programmed, using a hand-held reprogrammer or by reprogramming your PCM/ECM with reprogramming software (available from LPE in our store). You can also wire in a mechanical fan switch in some applications but this will often set a code.
These are brand new thermostats directly from LPE's inventory. These are the same thermostats used by LPE in our engine packages.
LPE part # L310015204 (was LN1001)
- Paypal is our preferred method of payment.
- Major credit cards are also accepted - if using a credit card please call the office at (260) 724-2552 during regular business hours.
- On credit card payments we will only ship to the credit card billing address.
- For Paypal payments, you must have a confirmed Paypal address with the correct Paypal shipping address. For Paypal payments we will only ship to the confirmed Paypal address.
- Payment must be received within 5 days after the sale ends.
- Please contact us for any other type of payment before offerding for approval on any other payment method.
- If shipped within Indiana or if picked up at our facility, buyer must pay 7% Indiana sales tax.
- Parts will be shipped via UPS ground and insured for at least the amount of the winning offer.
- Shipping and insurance charges are not included in the offer price.
- should calculate the shipping cost for you. If is unable to do so, please contact us at least 24 hrs before the end of the sale to be sure you get the quote before the end of the sale.
- Most items will ship within two business days of our receiving the confirmed payment.
- ATTENTION INTERNATIONAL BUYERS - do not ask us to claim a different amount from the selling price on any customs forms. The price we will use for declaring all shipments is the sale price.
Links to other LPE sales
Please contact us via .
Unless specified elsewhere in the description, you are getting only what is shown in the pictures.
All parts are being saleed off by:
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, Inc
1557 Winchester Road
Decatur, Indiana 46733
Thank you for looking at our item and good luck offerding.
Similar 1/4 mile timeslips to browse:
2005 Ford GT Supercharged Twin Turbo Nitrous: 9.721 @ 149.840
Mullet, Engine: 5.4L Supercharged Twin Turbo V8, Tires: 305/35/19 ET Streets
2008 Pontiac G8 GT: 9.981 @ 138.600
Tom Scott, Engine: 6.0, Supercharger: Procharger Tires: Hoosier slicks, M&H skinnies
2008 Pontiac G8 GT: 10.083 @ 141.820
Tom Scott, Engine: 6.0, Supercharger: ProCharger Tires: Hoosier slicks, M&H skinnies
2005 Ford GT Twin Turbo Supercharged: 10.270 @ 146.480
Mullet, Engine: V8 Supercharged and Turbocharged,
2005 Ford GT Twin Turbo: 10.480 @ 144.950
moeinox, Engine: V8 Twin Turbo, Tires: drag radials
2008 Pontiac G8 GT Supercharged TVS1900: 10.488 @ 131.250
Sky, Supercharger: TVS1900 Tires: M&H 275/50-17
2005 Ford GT Pulley, Tune, Exhaust: 10.636 @ 132.210
FikseGTS, Engine: 5.4L Supercharged V8, Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
2005 Ford GT Pulley and Tune: 10.637 @ 133.210
typeshatch, Engine: V8 Supercharged 5.4L, Supercharger: Pulley 2.75 Tires: drag radials
2005 Ford GT PPR Twin Turbo: 10.650 @ 155.310
PPR, Engine: V8 Twin Turbo,
2005 Ford GT Heffner Tune Pulley: 10.696 @ 135.270
Jamie, Tires: stock factory tires
2005 Ford GT : 10.920 @ 128.000
2005 Ford GT Ford Racing Pulley and Tune: 10.920 @ 130.230
hmg_57, Engine: Supercharged V8, Supercharger: Ford Pulley Tires: 18
2008 Pontiac G8 GT: 10.930 @ 126.180
Sky, Tires: Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial
2008 Pontiac G8 GT: 10.951 @ 128.520
Sky, Tires: MY ET Street Radial
2009 Pontiac G8 GT: 10.990 @ 126.240
ChrisD, Engine: 6.0L stock block, Tires: M/T 11x26x17, M&H 4.5x26x17
2009 Pontiac G8 GT- ALL MOTOR 6.0: 11.007 @ 125.910
Troy B., Engine: 6.0, Tires: NT05R's
2005 Ford GT : 11.020 @ 130.000
2005 Ford GT Heffner Twin Turbo: 11.101 @ 139.020
NA, Engine: V8 DOHC 32 Valve Twin Turbo, Turbos: Twin Water Cooled Dual Ball Bearing 61mm Turbos
2005 Ford GT : 11.200 @ 131.200
2005 Ford GT : 11.200 @ 131.200