2013 Subaru BRZ top speed run
Like me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jtphotos2
At the end of May I got a call from the Subaru dealership telling me my 2013 BRZ Limited had arrived and was ready for me to take delivery. After a grueling 1,000 mile break-in period I was looking forward to see what the car was capable of. I shipped the car to the autobahn to do some high speed runs in the car and attempt the top speed. The car is limited by its aerodynamics unfortunately so I had to get a good stretch which favored the car which allowed me to get up to 147 MPH. This isn't very high speed compared to other exotic cars but for a 200HP Subaru I was very impressed seeing what it's capable of on the top speed spectrum! For those of you who don't know this is a rear wheel drive Subaru and the car is fantastic to drive along with drifting ;)
Please leave a comment and subscribe.
Scion FR-S Test Drive & Driving Impressions
Experience the new Scion FR-S from the driver's seat.
I took a test drive the other day and filmed my impressions so my girlfriend could get a feel for the car. She just got her wisdom teeth taken out and wasn't in any shape to go on a test drive so I came to her rescue and made this video of the experience.
Shameless plug: If you're local, around SE Michigan, be sure to ask for Jamar Daniels at Victory Toyota of Canton, MI for information & availability on the Scion FR-S. Had a great experience with him, he was very helpful and generous with his time.
1. It has four wheels, which seemed very round when I inspected them.
2. Doors with which to enter and leave the car (you don't have to enter through the windows or the top or bottom of the vehicle)
3. While driving the car, there is a round knob (though not as round as the wheels) that controls the wind inside the car. The wind can be a mild breeze, or a vicious tsunami blowing from little holes in the front console. It can be cool or warm, and you can direct the wind. It makes you feel very powerful.
4. There is also another button that lets you listen to people talking and singing in the car, I believe Jamar called this a radio. This device only allows for listening, and is therefore a one-way conversation. I tried talking back to the people in the "radio" and they either couldn't hear me or didn't feel like responding. I imagine they have a lot of people trying to talk to them through the "radio." If you don't have a lot of friends and want someone who never stops talking, this radio device is probably a good thing for you to order.
5. The cloth seats have a red stripe on them. I assume that this is probably from the animal's skin that was used to make them. The red stripe tells me that the animal was fierce and vicious, trying to warn its predators of it's danger with a warning color, much like bees and the yellow jackets they wear. However, it mustn't have been a match for the Scion hunters, as I hear many FR-S's are filled with seats made from this red-striped animal.
In short, the FR-S makes me feel like an ancient hunting warrior that can control wind, talk to spirits, and chase down fast dangerous animals.
Enjoy the video, I hope you find it helpful in your quest of filling the empty void in your heart with a lightweight rear wheel drive sports coupe.
2013 Subaru BRZ vs Porsche 911 Carrera S Mile High Mashup Review
( http://www.TFLcar.com ) Most people certainly won't cross shop a 2013 Subaru BRZ and the all new Porsche 911 Carrera S. Yet in many ways the two cars are very similar. They both have a similar type of flat engine, they both seat 2 comfortaby but you can get 4 people into the cars in a pinch, and they are both are classic rear wheel drive sports cars. Of course the Porsche cost 4X the money and has exactly 2X the horsepower of the BRZ and yet it is currently and possibly the most desired car by twenty something year olds. The Porsche is verging on super car status and yet it is possibly the most desired car by forty something year olds. Check it out as we mashup these two cars in this Mile High review to see what makes them so similar to each other.
NEW!!! 320hp TOYOTA 86 SPORT FR CONCEPT
Gazoo Racing unveiled a concept racing version Toyota 86 that features both a turbocharger and a scroll Supercharger to offer up to 320 horsepower and 310 pound-feet (421 Nm) of torque. Twin Charged 86 Concept now under testing! Performance 86 from Gazoo Racing, Toyota in-house operation. The concept will be shown at the 24hour race in Nurburgring where four GT86 participate..
2013 Scion FR-S walkaround review and turbocharging guide
http://www.SunToyota.com - Finally, the Scion FR-S has arrived! Featuring a 2.0 liter Toyota boxer engine, the 1999cc 12.5:1 CR engine is capable of putting a smile on every driver's face. Mated to a six speed transmission, there is literally nothing between you and the road except for good times and speeding tickets!
Join Sun Toyota and SubyPAL.com as they tour the FR-S and talk about the features, functions, and also provide a little tuning advice to "get Boosted".
For more information about the Scion FR-S, visit http://www.SunToyota.com !
2013 Scion FR-S Dyno - Stock, 164.7 RWHP
May 24th, 2012: We Dyno our brand new Scion FR-S, fresh off the showroom floor. The car is bone stock and was Dynoed on a hot day in Orlando, FL on a Dynojet. It made a peak of 164.7 on it's 4th and final pull of the day.
Arsenal Autosport Scion FR-S Build
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited & more: 7 cars under 30K - Autoweek TV
Also in this episode: Ferrari runs an auction to help earthquake victims, the Honda Fit EV gets a high mileage rating and Tesla has big plans for the future.
For the detailed reviews and in-car track videos from our "7 performance cars for less than $30,000" series, click on ...
Part one: Fiat 500 Abarth vs. Mini Cooper S coupe - http://bit.ly/MGLEfp
Part two: Honda Civic Si vs. Volkswagen GTI - http://bit.ly/LBmIEe
Part three: Ford Mustang V6 vs. Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 R-Spec - http://bit.ly/LWlupU
Part four: Subaru BRZ - http://bit.ly/Me1AtA
For more on Ferrari:
For more on the Honda Fit EV:
2013 Scion FR-S: A New Hope? - Ignition Episode 14
On this episode of Ignition, Carlos Lago finds out if the 2013 Scion FR-S blazes a new trail for affordable, real-wheel drive enthusiast cars. Pro racer Randy Pobst also gets in on the action, pushing the FR-S to its performance limits with hot laps around Streets of Willow racetrack.
Read the full story here: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1204_2013_scion_fr_s_first_test/
Ignition appears every Monday on the new Motor Trend channel.
Subscribe now to make sure you're in on all the action!
Facebook - http://facebook.com/motortrendmag
Twitter - http://twitter.com/motortrend
Google+ - https://plus.google.com/101867967859016552744/posts
Website - http://www.motortrend.com