UPDATE just bought a bodykit from Anydys auto sport 24/05/12
Heres the link to HIDs and LEDs i installed.
Having fun, Project car, rebuilt the whole motor, cleaned the tranny.
17" VOX Rims 205 40 17 General Exclaim UHP, Using nothing but full synthetic oil, Castrol Synthetic.
Had the Head reconditioned at Arsenault Cylinder Heads Ltd in shediac,NB.CAN.
Who races a saturn 4 door car?
My 1997 saturn SL1 converted. I took out the sohc and put in a dohc, header, 2 & 1/2" Exhaust with Dynomax muffler. High voltage MSD coils, 8.8 wires. It had a bored throttle body and true cold air intake. I installed an egr block off plate and I used fuel injectors from a Pontiac grand am gt. The transmission is the original 5 speed from the sohc setup which has lower gearing. The car was dropped a little by cutting the strut springs. The wheels are 16" aluminum. The guages were changed as well with the motor swap as can be seen at 4:57 in the vid, so the readings are accurate. Note how it pulls from 60 to 90mph. Pretty decent for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder.
Saturn Idle problem.mov
In this video we show you how to replace an idle air control solenoid and clean the throttle body on a 1996 Saturn. This car was having a excessively high idle. It would stay at 1500 RPM even though your foot was not on the gas pedal. This was caused by carbon build up around and behind the throttle body as well as a defective idle air control solenoid.
Jonesy's Auto Club videos are for reference and entertainment only and should not be taken as a direct step by step guides. If you attempt a repair like the one seen in this video please use the proper safety equipment, take your time and do the job right.
Seafoam 1998 Saturn Sl2
Using a carbon-eliminating product called Seafoam. Have used it in all my cars and will never stop. Do it about every third oil change :]
How to Seafoam your vehicle (Also called Top Engine Clean)
This is a carbon deposit cleaner that when used can help eliminate the carbon deposits that build up in the top end of your engine block. I perform this about every 15,000 miles on my own vehicle.
Steps to seafoaming:
1. Bring your vehicle up to normal operation temperature
2. Separate seafoam canister into 3 equal parts (one will be for sucking through a pvc line or brakeBooster line, one for gas tank, and one for putting in the oil filler cap)
3. Locate the PVC valve that runs through the intake manifold, for this is where you will initially suck 1/3 of the seafoam canister through.
(If PVC is non accessible then you can use your brake Booster line in the same manner.)
4. Once engine is at normal operational temperature, have another person sit in the drive seat and bring the engine RPM up to around 1500.
5. Pull your PVC off (or brake Booster line) and start slowly sucking 1/3 of the seafoam in through either of these locations. Be cautious & steady handed, you don't want to stall the engine out.
6. Once you've sucked all of the 1/3 portion up turn the engine off & replace pvc or brake Booster to its original housing.
7. Once engine is off, unscrew your Oil Filler cap & pour 1/3 of the seafoam in as if it were oil.
8. Unscrew gas cap and put the remaining 1/3 seafoam in.
9. Leave the car alone for 15 minutes.
10. Come back to the car and start it up, let it idle for about 10-15 seconds and then BRING ENGINE RPMS TO A STEADY 2000-3000RPM for no more than a couple minutes.
(major revving or fluctuation can knock carbon deposits loose so please keep a steady foot)
11. Once this is complete, take your car for a 10-15 mile drive, while doing so make sure to bring the engine through its total rev band spectrum to make sure all the carbon deposits have been cleaned out.
12. Once the drive is complete, bring the car back home.
13. CHANGE YOUR OIL & FILTER & SPARKPLUGS WITH KNOWN GOOD OEM SPEC PARTS.
(The reasoning behind this is that the seafoam lowers the viscosity of your oil, thus weakening its ability to control wear on your engines major mating surfaces and your plugs get buggered up with carbon after this tuneup due to the carbon coming loose during the tuneup.. So an Oil/Filter change & Spark Plugs are a must after seafoaming is complete
14. Tune Up is complete!
2001 Saturn SL2 Engine Noise
2001 Saturn SL2 DOHC AutoTrans 140k miles
has been run with the oil level below the dipstick at least twice. my sister used to drive it regularly in short trips. one day I drove it and it made a quiet ticking noise. i think it was roughly one week later that the noise got really loud. I checked the oil and it was below the dipstick. I filled it to the Full line. I removed the cam cover and spark plugs and didn't see anything wrong. I removed the accessory belt and recorded this video with a home-made stethoscope rigged to a microphone. can you help me figure out what this car would need to make it work reliably again?
Some cool clips and pictures of my 2000 Saturn SL.
Pimped Out Saturn SL2 (Subs, TV's, Pa System, TInt, Playstation, Blacked Out)
UPDATE: got new 18" Konig rims with Kumho tires, front license plate and bar across "grill" in the front were both removed, subs and tv's were swapped due to badd trunk rattle with NO solution. so tv's are in the trunk, got "shag" carpet in the trunk and on the bk of the back seats, black emblems, "Saturn Racing Team" decal on the top of the windshield, painted calipers and drums black. repainted the dash, painted molding above the windows black, Weapon-R cold air intake, and more. so pretty much I need a new video ASAP. lol
*2 12 inch Type R
*Q-Logic Ported/Sealed Box
*2 15 inch Sony TV's
*Power Acoustic PTID-6500
*150 Watt PA System (Speaker is OUTSIDE)
*Blacked-Out Taillights and Side markers
*Sony Playstation 2
*5 % tint
*Bulldog 200 Deluxe Remote Start
All installation was done by myself, including remote start and tint job.
Any questions or comments are appreciated!