When things go wrong
This is my first attempt in this type of video so all the helpful advices
are welcome. It's a mix of speed (mostly stunt) and motocross crashes. I
tried not to collect videos from here (it could be a bit boring if you've
already seen them separately), so they are from other sources. And by the
way, this is my first widescreen YouTube video, don't forget to watch it in
high quality if you can! =)
Music: In Flames - The Quiet Place
Yamaha MT-09 Vs Triumph Street Triple
How does the MT-09 stack up against the street triple?
Like lots of people commented, i have been very harsh on the MT-09. Let me
clear it up a little, its a freaking fantastic bike and i was only drawing
negatives when compared directly to the street triple, and its much cheaper
and faster so its really hard to
go past when looking at both bikes. It does only lack in areas that dont
matter for day to day driving.
But i was considering swapping the street to the MT from all the reviews,
but when i test rode it myself i was a little disappointed as i had put it
on a pedestal.
Essai Honda 1800 Gold Wing 2012 aux USA ( video officielle moto journal )
Légèrement retouchée pour 2012, la nouvelle Honda Gold Wing 1800 va
débarquer en fin d'année dans nos concessions. Mais pour se forger un
avis, la WebTV Moto Journal n'a reculé devant aucun sacrifice et s'est
rendu aux Etats-Unis pour réaliser plus de 1000 kilomètres à son guidon.
Un joli Road Trip au cours duquel nous avons assisté à la Wing Ding (un
étonnant Salon entièrement dédié à la Gold Wing à Knoxville) et
visité l'impressionnant Musée de Barber. Gaffe, ça glisse :-)
GoPro HD Hero 960 Triumph Street Triple Testride
Currently working on a different way to record the audio. Perhaps pulling
out the mic out of the cam and extending the cable will do the trick. Right
now it's either bad audio and good perspective or vice versa.
Feel free to comment to help improve my next videos.
Motorcycle Hits Deer @ 85 mph | Helmet Cam
ANALYSIS & Damage Assessment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRv1H9_v4A
I hit a buck (had 2+ in. antlers) on my 04 GSXR 1000 on June 28, 2009.
I did not crash, but the bike was totaled. It literally jumped right in
front of me and I had no time to react! In the analysis (link above), you
can see the deer was only on cam for 6 frames which is 6/30 or 1/5 of a
sec! Therefore, speed had nothing to do with impact.
Factors to consider (in debatable order of importance):
1. Speed: a) at speed limit would only have had .5 sec to react b) going faster *I* would have evaded... could
have hit someone else
2. Momentum: a) accelerating out of the corner b) not enough time to let
3. Angle: Bike was almost all the way leaned over
4. Deer mid-air: a) less resistance b) not high enough to knock me off and
kill me instantly
5. Deer impact location: Only hit neck, not body
6. Deer angle: Jumped from -right- side while I was leaning -right- into it
7. Deer weight: a) approx. 100 lbs (45 kg) b) not fully
grown buck yet
8. Ride position: Usually hang off bike, but was taking it easy
9. Frame sliders: Protected leg from tearing off
10. Exhaust: OEM (not shorty)
prevented carcass from hitting rear wheel
11. Post impact: No car in oncoming lane
12. Wobbles: Violent steering caused front wheel to lift off ground
13. Bars: a) throttle hand came off b) if left hand came off... whiiiskey
14. Corner: Caught bars and dropped front just in time to turn, avoiding
15. Full gear: Deer brushed knee- no injury
16. Camera angle: a) cam tilted too low b) if normal, impact wouldn't be
17. Rider behind: a) avoided spinning deer in approx 1 second
b) didn't swerve
18. # of riders: 10 approx 1-10 secs ahead and 5 approx 1-10 secs behind
19. Following distance: Deer jumped in between 2 riders
20. TIME UNPREDICTABLE: a) time the deer jumped b) time i was there that
I rode the bike for another 45 mins until I had to shut it off to prevent
engine damage because the radiator was busted. I survived without a
scratch. The deer was still in mid air as it's neck/shoulder was sliced by
my right fork and brake rotor. Then it busted my frame slider all the way
back, brushed my knee (leaving fur in the velcro), and flung off the Exhaust, when it made like a top and spun
to the other side of the road, leaving a blood trail over 50 ft. The 2
lines of blood keep intersecting, which show how much the deer spun.
Lastly, I want to mention that my right is a wide open field. There's 1/4
mile before woods. Deer heard us coming at least 10-20 secs before the
first rider passed. If it did not hear us coming from miles away, then it
had to have seen the other bikes go by. It tried to go between us... This
stray deer ignored all instincts! Freak accident and nothing else! If you
think slower speed would have avoided impact, then watch the analysis. If I
was going faster, I would have
avoided it entirely and the guy behind me could have hit it too.
Am I lucky I didn't die or am I unlucky this shit happened? Many things in
life cannot be controlled...like cancer. If you try to figure out why it
happened, you'll never get anywhere. Don't ask why, don't let it affect
your outlook on life, just try to keep calm and carry on!
MotoUSA Middleweight Street Bike Shootout: Triumph Street Triple R
Watch how the Triumph Street Triple R fares its class competitors in the
2-3-4 Middleweight Street Bike Comparison. Check out the video then read
the full comparison at motorcycle-usa.com.