Mazda 626 twin turbo V8
David Darwin's Mazda 626 runs into the 9s at Heathcote Raceway. The car is
setup primarily for high speed events rather than drag racing and is
powered by a backyard built Chev 383ci V8 engine and Boosted by twin Garrett GT3582R turbo's (16psi Boost). Other goodies include a MicroTech ECU,
MSD ignition, PWR water Intercooler running on Ethanol E85
fuel. Driveline modifications include an Al's Raceglides 2spd, Hilux diff,
Brembo brakes and 29x9in MT radial non treaded tyres.
Mazda 626 - IAC Cleaning Part 1 of 3
Visit Mazda626.net for more information, images of plunger assembly, and
discussions about this video.
FIRST THING TO DO: REMOVE THE THROTTLE BODY. The IAC will come out with
it. It's much easier to work on outside of the car instead of sweating
your ass off in the middle of summer! I actually spent about 6-8 hours
trying to remove 1 stripped screw. This car is 16 years old now so cutting
off bolts and screws comes with the territory. Wish I knew the other half
of the screws were not threaded before I started to dissemble it. It is
not possible clean the IAC in place you must remove it. I also recommend
removing the throttle body FIRST! Like always, I learned that the hard
Mazda 626 IAC / Mazda MX-6 IAC / Ford Probe IAC
Mazda 626 Turbo Install
1991 Mazda 626 DX with 2.2L 12 valve F2 motor MTX. Here's the intimate
details of the turbo install.... no
special care was taken what so ever during the install and testing.
I drove it like this for about a week until I got tired of the oil dripping
and pipes blowing off before I ordered fittings for some of it. The oil
feed was tapped into the back of the oil filter to provide "lubrication" to
The garden hoses had to go because they were too soft when heated up...
learned lots of what DOES work and what DOESN'T work. That's for sure! Car
netted a 14.6 in the 1/4 at 98 MPH before I got tired of it.
140,000 on the motor when turbo'd. That
car put up with a lot of abuse. Motor and turbo are still good but I junked the car.
FE3 626 turbo dyno
6 psi, 3rd gear pull up to 5500-6000 rpms. This was for initial tuning, no
big power this time. It ended up making 181whp by the end of the day at
Mazda 626 GE FS w OPT
Prezentacja mojego auta w 6 odcinku 9 serii OPT. Zapraszam do oglądania i
- What year is this car ?
- What made you modify this car ?
+ Actually, I don't know ... I have this car in my familly for 10 years,
even my grandma drove it (joke of course)
- She really drove this car ?
+ Yes she did
- What kind of engine was here originally ?
- And she was getting it's top speed ?
+ Of course ...
- Don't tell me that she had it on those orange wheels ...
+ No, no, no ... she had just cheap plastic covers on stock 14" rims
- Ok, but those rims aren't really from Mazda, right ?
+ That's right - it's from EVO IX
- And it fits without any modifications ?
+ Yes, bolt pattern, offset, everything was perfect for 626
- Hmmm ... but Mazda also had some nice wheels
+ True, but if you want to earn nice fitment you have to buy spacers,
because of too hight offset
- Engine is changed or just modified ?
+ It's changed, and than modified
- New engine is from 626 too ?
+ Yes, 1.8 had 100HP, 2.0 had 115HP
- And now it has ?
- How did you earn this extra power ?
+ Higher compression pistons, cams, Exhaust, intake etc
- Where did you get all those parts for this car, you know - it's not as
populat as BMW, or Honda for example ...
+ I know, it was hard. But I imported some of them from US, thaere is also
a company in Canada (Corksport) that have some parts from j-spec version of
this engine (FS-ZE)
- When did you start modifying your car ?
+ Something like 4 years ago I guess ...
- And you start really seriously, right ?
+ Not exactly, you know how it looks when you begin - some shity parts,
that don't work like they should, cheap plastic shift knobs etc ..
- Hahaha ... yeah, I now - I did the same when I had my firs car
- Audio system is good, right ?
+ Yeah, now it's pretty good, you can check how it bounce if you want ...
- Ok, let's hear it ...
+ (audio presentation)
- Shit ... I like this guy ... he got me.
- I have to ask you one more thing (showing the tow hook) ... What the fu*
is this ?
+ Hahaha ... when you make your car in JDM style, you need to have it. It
also helps a lot when parking ... if you know what I mean ...
- Ok, I thought it's for some kind of assembly for a parachute to stop this
+ No, it don't accelerate good enought to need this
- Are you going to do something else with your car, or maybe you wanna sell
+ Actually I was thinking 'bout selling it
- How much ?
+ Let's say 12 000zł (~4000$)
- Ok, looks like it's worth it ... let me look under the bonnet
+ Let's go than ...
- Uuu ... now I see whats what ... can you start and rev it ?
+ Of course ... (engine rev)
- Great car man