All Timers Gearhead Gathering 2012
Another great All-timers Gearhead Gathering in Haverhill, Mass. The 9th annual event had perfect weather and a great turnout on Monday 8-20-12.
Register Chevy Show 2 16 13
Car show at Register Chevy in Brooksville, FL. for the benefit of cancer research. Check out the Vietnam Vet tribute motorcycle. You might want to turn down the volume because of the wind noise.
Chevy 250 Inline Six, True Dual Headers and Glasspacks
Here's my update. Got 2.25" pipes to the bumper with a pair of stainless 3" Cherry Bomb tips. I love how pissed-off these inline sixes sound with true duals. Pardon the sloppy takeoff and granny shifting -- my clutch spring broke literally right as I took off the first time and I patched it back up well enough to record this.
Some details on the car:
1966 Chevrolet Biscayne Sedan, obtained with 72K original miles:
* Original 250 inline six, mildly refreshed with some goodies:
- Lump-port head, ported and lightly polished, 3-angle valve job (all done by me)
- Summit Racing SBC 358 lb./in. valve springs (prepping for a cam)
- Offenhauser 4bbl intake manifold w/ Edelbrock 500CFM carb and 1" carb spacer
- Custom "ram-air" style air intake with a 4" inlet Spectre cone filter
- Custom 1.5" primary shorty headers made from Flowtech truck/van headers and 2.5" collectors
- 2.25" true-dual pipes into 22" Thrush glasspacks, originally dumped at rear axle (HOLY DRONE)
* Stock Saginaw 3-speed column shift
* Stock 10-bolt rear, 3.36 diff
* Cragar 330 "Super-Spoke" 15x8" wheels all around
* Drilled brake drums
* Other minor details I'm likely forgetting
I've got plenty of work planned for the car, including the engine, but frankly, I'm impressed with the performance it has for such a large car. It's no Mustang or Camaro killer (yet... hehehe) but it's got plenty'a gumption.
Thanks for watching. Six in a row makes it go. Ain't no crime runnin' inline.
Chilson's and Dade City 2 2 13
Two shows in one day. We went to Chilsons Garage in Inverness Fl., where he puts on his annual bash with the assistance of the local Corvair Club. Free food and drink, door prizes from Advanced Auto, clowns, inflatable kids jumping areas, and a radio station broadcasting live. He puts on one fine event. After that we headed to Dade City Florida for their monthly cruise. The day started out cool but ended up around 74 degrees and sunny. We were debating about hitting 2 more cruises that night but decided against it.
Hardees and Tarpon Springs 3-9-13
Here's a video of the Hardees Cruise Night and Tarpon Springs Car Show for Autism. Both are in Florida, Hardees was 3-7-13 and Tarpon was 3-9-13. That steady noise in the background at the Tarpon show was a steam engine that ran all day. My friend Jerry and his wife Carol came up for a visit. I took some video of his Hemi Willy's while he was here. Hope you enjoy.
Altereds and Wheelstanders 1991 at New England Dragway Epping,NH
"CRANK IT UP" Altereds and Wheelstanders 08/17/1991 at New England Dragway Epping,NH. Supercharged alcohol powered altereds, and the Chevy Rebellion, Chuck Wagon and Wind-up Pickup wheelstanders. See other video from this event on our site. If you like our stuff, Please comment and/or subscribe!