How To Install Raceland Nissan 350Z Coilovers
1. To start, remove the front wheel from the vehicle.
2. Disconnect the sensor lines from the strut body by pulling the rubber
bushing away from the strut.
3. Remove the brake line from the strut body by removing the single OEM
4. Remove the nut and bolt holding the strut fork to the lower control arm.
5. Detach the sway bar endlink from the lower control arm.
6. In order for enough suspension droop to allow the strut to be pulled out
you will need to unbolt the upper control arm. Do so by removing the two
bolts on each side of the strut.
7. Under the hood, remove the three nuts on each side of the strut tower
bar to remove the bar. It may be necessary to unclip lines from the strut
bar before removal.
8. Unbolt the three nuts holding the OEM suspension to the strut tower and
the strut will now be free to remove from the vehicle.
9. Slide the Raceland coilover into the strut tower and align the top
mount's studs into place.
10. With the supplied nuts, bolt the strut's top mount to the strut tower.
11. Place the strut bar back into place and bolt down with the factory
hardware. Re-clip any lines that were detached from strut bar.
12. Reinstall the two upper control arm bolts to secure the arm to the
13. Bolt the strut fork to the lower control arm using the factory
14. Attach the sway bar endlink back to the lower control arm.
15. Attach the sensor lines to the coilover body by pressing the bushings
onto the coilover bracket.
16. Remount the brake line to the coilover using the factory nut.
17. You can now reinstall the front wheel as this corner's installation is
1. To begin the rear, remove the rim from the vehicle.
2. Remove the nut and bolt holding the spring cup to the hub. Keep in mind
the spring will be loaded so it is a good idea to have a jack underneath to
release the tension.
3. Remove the spring from spring cup.
4. Detach the shock fork from the control arm by removing the factory nut
5. Remove the two bolts holding the rear shock's top mount to the shock
tower and the shock can be pulled from the vehicle.
6. Place the Raceland coilover into the shock tower and align the mounting
studs to the top mount. Reinstall the two nuts to secure the mount to the
7. Bolt the strut fork to the control arm using the factory hardware.
8. Lift the spring cup back onto the hub and reinstall the nut and bolt.
Please note that no spring will be installed back into the factory spring
9. Reinstall the rear wheel as the installation for this rear is complete.
Nissan 350z Coilover Suspension Fitting Guide How To. (Z33) HSD DualTech.
We fitted a set of HSD DualTech Coilovers to a Z33 Nissan 350z. These are
the more affordable HSD kit at £500 available from driftworks.com. It's
one hell of a kit for the money, and the car rides superbly.
There is also an even better HSD MonoPro kit that uses Monotube dampers and
a full coilover rear strut available from Driftworks..
Fixing A Creaking Car
Scotty Kilmer, mechanic for the last 45 years, shows how you can stop your
car from creaking. Sometimes all it takes is a little grease and a few
minutes of your time. And, If you like my car help, be sure to watch my
live car talk show every Saturday morning at 10 AM CST on YouTube. I answer
your car questions LIVE there. Just check it out at
eature=c4-overview . And remember, every TUESDAY I upload a new video, so
don't miss them.