Pontiac Trans Am Engine Swap Part 3 - 357 V8
This is part 3 of our engine swap series. My son and I are converting his car from a 305 TPI to a carbed 357 V8. Today, we continued removing all the accessories from the engine. We took off the power steering pump, water pump, A/C Compressor and lines, headers, etc. Tomorrow the engine will be coming out and we'll start cleaning up the engine bay. Thanks for watching along!
357 V8 1987 Pontiac Trans Am Update
We thought it was time for an update on my son's 1987 Pontiac Trans Am. Yesterday, we brought home a nice 357 Chevy small block that is going to take the place of the original 305 TPI. It should offer a substantial bump in power, thanks to 52 more cubic inches, and a cam with a bit more lift. We're also going to switch over to a carb just for the sake of simplicity. We'll probably go back to fuel injection when we do an LS swap in the future. We'll have many more videos on this project in the near future. Thanks for watching!
Pontiac Trans Am Engine Swap Part 4 - Removing the Engine - 305 TPI to 357 Carbed
This is the fourth part in our 1987 Pontiac Trans Am engine swap series. This is my son's first project car and we're having a lot of fun with it. In this video, you get to see how we removed the old 305 TPI engine. In the days ahead, we'll be cleaning up the engine bay and getting rid of any unnecessary wiring or equipment. Then we'll be ready to drop in the new 357 small block V8. I hope you find our project interesting...thanks for watching! http://www.facebook.com/RamblinAroundonYouTube http://ramblinaroundonyoutube.wordpress.com/ https://twitter.com/#!/RamblinAround
Almost Done - Pontiac Trans Am Engine Swap Part 10 357 V8 Street Demon Carb
This is Part 10 of our 1987 Pontiac Trans Am engine swap series. We've been swapping in a carbed 357 small block in place of the original 305 TPI. Since the last video, we installed the distributor, plugs, and wires. We also plumbed in the temporary fuel setup with a Mallory 4309 Regulator. Then, I painted the factory valve covers and tightened up the belts. We only have a few more things to get done before we can fire this engine up for the first time. I hope you find the videos interesting...thanks for watching!