13.113 @ 116.69 MPH!
This is just the in-car view.
I turned the adjustment on the wastegate 2 turns and the Boost shot up to 20+ PSI. I wasn't expecting this to happen so the car spun badly through first gear. I also short-shifted 3-4 by about 1000 RPM but I was able to run over 116 MPH.
List of Mods:
- Stock 1993 Block
- Custom Wiseco Forged Pistons (Stock Bore) - 8.8:1 Compression Ratio
- Custom SCAT Forged Rods
- 1999+ Crankshaft
- Clevite Main/Rod Bearings
- Personally (Mildly) Ported and Polished Head
- ARP Head Studs
- .030" Valve Spring Shims
- High Temp Valve Seals
- Stock Cams - Dual Intake Cam Mod
- Stock Intake Manifold
- Stock 1995 SL2 Taper Bored Throttle Body
- T04E 60 Trim turbo w/Internal Wastegate
- Custom Tubular turboExhaust Manifold
- CX Racing Intercooler (29" x 11" x 3")
- 2.5" Intercooler Piping
- 2.5" Full Exhaust w/Exhaust Dump
- 2000+ Tie-Plate (Girdle) and Oil Pan
- Stock Flywheel
- Fully Balanced Rotating Assembly
- 55lb/hr. Injectors
- MSD 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires
- AEM UEGO Wideband O2 Sensor/Gauge
- Autometer Phantom Series Boost Gauge
- 24.5" x 8" x 15" Slicks
- MegaSquirt 2 Extra DIY EFI Controller: Controlling Fuel/Spark
- Launch Control, Boost Control, Idle Control & Fan Control
- DIY Voltage Booster - Pressure Switch Activated
- Walbro 255 LPH High Pressure Fuel Pump
- Ice Cold Air Conditioning
- Stock MP3 Transmission - Custom Quaife LSD
- ACT 6-Puck Sprung Clutch
- 2000 Dogbone Motor Mounts - Prothane Polyurethane Motor Mounts
- Windo-Welded TAM (Top Engine Mount) & Lower Transmission Mounts
- Polyurethane Lower Control Arm & Sway Bar Mounts
- H&R Sport Springs Mounted on KYB Struts - 1.3" Drop
Who races a saturn 4 door car?
My 1997 saturn SL1 converted. I took out the sohc and put in a dohc,
header, 2 & 1/2" Exhaust with Dynomax muffler. High voltage
MSD coils, 8.8 wires. It had a bored throttle body and true cold air
intake. I installed an egr block off plate and I used fuel injectors from a
Pontiac grand am gt. The transmission is the original 5 speed from the sohc
setup which has lower gearing. The car was dropped a little by cutting the
strut springs. The wheels are 16" aluminum. The guages were changed as well
with the motor swap as can be seen at 4:57 in the vid, so the readings are
accurate. Note how it pulls from 60 to 90mph. Pretty decent for a naturally
aspirated 4 cylinder.
Input/output shaft nut replacement on 99 Saturn SL2
This is a step by step procedure on how to replace and re-torque an Input
shaft nut on 99 Saturn SL2.
Note: You need to re-torque the output shaft nut as well. Also, a new or
rebuild valve body is needed in order to solve the reverse slam
problem. I bought one from ebay for about $124 from
( IMPORTANT: There was a typo on the 1st slide
Input shaft nut = 111 ft-lb, not 11 ft-lb)
As of today (1/14/2010), No reverse slam, no delay shifting :)
Saturn SL2 Top Speed Acceleration (modified)
Anthony @ DIYautotech showing you how you can still have fun with a measly
100hp... Just gotta know how to use it. This was done on a closed course.
Do not attempt. The vehicle is a 1998 Saturn SL2 DOHC, 5spd manual
transmission. This car has a cold air intake and a catback Exhaust.
Saturn Idle problem.mov
In this video we show you how to replace an idle air control solenoid and
clean the throttle body on a 1996 Saturn. This car was having a
excessively high idle. It would stay at 1500 RPM even though your foot was
not on the gas pedal. This was caused by carbon build up around and behind
the throttle body as well as a defective idle air control solenoid.
Jonesy's Auto Club videos are for reference and entertainment only and
should not be taken as a direct step by step guides. If you attempt a
repair like the one seen in this video please use the proper safety
equipment, take your time and do the job right.