3rd Gen Camaro Build
A (lotta) work in progress. I started this project to swap a 191cubic inch
V6 to a 350 V8 (along with performance parts, and swapping & upgrading the
transmission) in 2009. (see modifications list below.) These are pictures
and videos as I progressed and the very first engine start and test drive.
I applied primer to protect the metal as I knew I would have to put the
project on hold, which is where it has been since. Plan to start again by
gutting & redoing the interior here in 2012.
350 block swap
moddified Vortec heads
CompCams XE268 cam
Edelbrock Performer RPM Vortec intake
Edelbrock 750cfm AVS carb
Headman 1 5/8 headers
- .500" line pressure Boost valve
- huge servos
- servo release check valve
- TCI throttle valve
- TCI Breakaway 2400 stall converter (lockup)
- B&M ratchet shifter, front oil cooler, TrickShift oil.
METALUX PAINT SATA JET JOHNNY
SATA JET JOHNNY DEMO USING NEW PAINT LINE METALUX AKA CHEMSPEC PAINT REP
WILLIAM STANDS BY (THE BEST PAINT IN THE WORLD BABY)
Camaro Update 6/16/10 Painting the Car
It took a lot hours to get the car to the point where we could paint but
our hard work has paid off. The paint job turned out great. I can hardly
belive its the same car we started out with a year ago.
Spike 1986 LS1 swaped Camaro
A day at the Dyno for
calibration. April 30, 2011.
About the car (from my brother SpikeIROC) :
- The car is an 1986 Camaro IROC.
- Headlights are eBay cheapos that will soon be swapped for LED
- It put down 400 whp and 390 tq thu a T56 and a fabbed 9" rear end.
- Brakes are C6Z front and rear.
- I swapped hatch to get the cleaner look I was looking for.
- It was trailered to the Dyno because it was not tuned
and I was not willing to risk damaging my new engine.
- The car The wheels are Bonspeed Intense 5. They are now powdercoated
Some more information about my brother's car can be found here :
1980 trans am trying to start after 24 years in storage
UPDATE- here is my restoration page with pictures if anyone is interested
i just bought this 1980 trans am. its %100 complete but the guy had taken
it apart before storage in 1987.
i am putting it back together to drive it this summer
i put some oil in the cylinders before i tried to start it.
Painting My Camaro Ram Air Hood
Painting my Camaro hood
in my garage. i could have done the prep and painting better but i didn't
have the time, but the results are good. Not shown in this vid is that i
did 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear.