Blown 4.3 vortec
this is my 99 s10 blazer with a blown 4.3 vortec, getting a 350 swap
GM ( Chevrolet or GMC ) 4.3 L V6 Engine Tear Down
This video goes through the teardown process of a GM 4.3L V6. It has been
removed from the vehicle and we take it apart, except for crank and piston
The automobile consist of:
• Fuel System: Purpose is to deliver fuel to the engine. It consists of
the fuel tank, pump, gauge/sensor, filter, pressure regulator and
• Air Intake System: Purpose is to clean and direct outside air into the
engine. It consist of air filter, ducts, air plenum and intake manifold.
• Exhaust System: Purpose is to
direct Exhaust gasses out of
combustion out of engine. It consists of the Exhaust manifold, converters, pipes and
• Cooling System: Purpose is to remove excess heat from the engine. It
consists of water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, cooling fan and
coolant recovery tank. Also the oil system serves as a cooling system as
well as a lubricating system. It consist of oil pump, pan, filter and
1. Clutch: Purpose is to connect the engine and transmission together. It
consists of clutch drive disc, driven disc, release bearing, clutch fork,
cable, slave cylinder, master cylinder. There are three types of clutch
systems: mechanical, cable and hydraulic.
2. Transmission: Purpose is to match engine speed to road speed. Two types
used are manual or automatic. These consist of gears, linkages, cables and
converters for automatics. A manual is connected to the clutch by a
flywheel and automatic by a flexplate.
3. Driveshaft: Purpose is to connect the transmission to the rear axle. It
consists of a slip yoke, shaft and universal joints.
4. Rear axle differential: Purpose is to change the angle of motion from
engine to the wheels. It also divides torque between the wheels. It
consists of a ring and pinion gear, carrier, bearings, crush sleeve and
5. Wheels/Tires: Purpose is to provide traction to the road as well as
carry the weight of the vehicle.
Vehicle Control Systems:
1. Brakes: Purpose is to slow and stop the vehicle. It consists of master
cylinder, brake Booster (vacuum or
hydraulic), calipers, drums, pads and rotors.
2. Steering: Purpose is to direct vehicle in the required direction.
Consists of steering gear (rack & pinion), steering wheel, column,
inner/outer tie rods, pump, reservoir, hoses and pipes.
3. Suspension: Purpose is to provide stability and handling while also
providing comfort to the ride. Consists of shocks, struts, sway bars, end
links, springs, trailing arms and bushings.
1: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC): Heats and cools interior
air to passenger comfort. Also circulates outside and inside air.
• Air Conditioning: Consist of condenser, compressor, accumulator
(receiver/dryer) orifice, expansion valve, hoses, evaporator, controls,
actuators and modules.
• Heating: Consists of heater core, valves, hoses and switches.
1. Power Generation: Creates electrical power to run all the electrical
systems. Consists of the alternator.
2. Power storage: Stores unused power to start the car and supply voltage
to the alternator to create more electricity.
• Both systems consist of wiring, harnesses, fuse, relays and modules
How To Clean Your Vortec 4.3L V6 Throttle Body
I show how to cheaply and quickly clean any throttle body, but specific to
my 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 Stepside with the 4.3L v6.
I created this video because I was having an issue with my truck starting
up rough. It turned out that the idle air hole on the blade was completely
clogged with carbon caused by back-spray when the engine is turned off.
All you need is a Flat Blade screwdriver for hose clamps, Carb Cleaner, and
a Toothbrush or rag.
4.3 Litre V6, a look inside the motor
Special thanks for the mention from my frineds in Iowa Sofia and Baloushka
AKA Szikness http://www.youtube.com/user/szikness
I've enjoyed watching thier videos and watching them get thier daily vlogs
This video is of the inside of the 4.3 litre V6 motor i am in process of
putting in my daughter's 1997 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer i don't explain it
well and the 4 strokes of the motor i couldn't remember are as follows,
Intake, compression, ignition and Exhaust. hope you enjoy my fumbled explanation.
4.3L/5.7L Vortec V6/V8 | Throttle Body Blade Mod | 262/350ci
Easy free way to gain a noticeably better throttle response. Does not gain
companies claim. Please read description. Thanks.
The mod is to remove the diffuser / restrictor off the bottom of the blade
to increase airflow into the engine. free alternative to a $40 cfm tech
Make sure you reset the computer (reset by disconnecting battery)
Took me about an hour from start to finish
please don't tell me that my front 2 cylinders will lean out. there is no
need to restrict the EGR due to this mod....
the truck is a 1999 GMC Sirra RCSB
4.3L Vortec V6 SCPI soon to be MP
cat back straights.
Filmed with my iPhone.
4.3L Turbo S-10
My buddy marks turbo s-10 at the
Been building for over 3 years, first time at the track, entirely custom
12.5psi, Ford 8.8, caltracs, linelock, MT's. Thanks to my family for
putting up with the late nites in the garage and the loud Exhaust at 1am. Whether we were out beating up
on corvettes or sitting on the side of the road with blown parts, my
friends were there and that has made all the difference.