~ 700hp Turbo Saab, 312kmh (194mph)
Extreme turbo Saab + 300 kmh
Many viewers have misunderstood this video, so I explain it a little:
-Speed at finish line (1mile/1609m) is measured. Time is not measured.
-First Saab does 1st and 2nd gear with ~half throttle. Second Saab has
limited Boost for 1st and 2nd gear.
- three extra seconds between 0-100kmh typically means ~30meters wasted.
But three extra seconds used in speeds close to 300kmh, means almost
Here is equally powerful RWD cars (if not even more HP's) These RWD's are a
lot faster between 0-150kmh, but
these Saabs are faster from
150kmh-300kmh. You get the point when you compare speeds at finish line.
-A Saab 9-5 driver pushes a little too much throttle @3rd gear and looses
traction. He lifts a throttle and pushes it back, but too much again and
then he gears up 4th, a bit earlier than planned. (optimal is@205kmh).
Earlier that summer I broke one gearbox when pushing too hard on 3rd gear.
With new gearbox and at later event, I drove very gently on first three
gears to avoid breaking it again. I pushed WOT for the first time on 4th
gear @ 190kmh. You can hear it clearly on following video. Engine tone
changes totally around 200kmh. Incar video is from 299kmh pull (at 1 mile
race) Something happened to camera during the run. So I didn't get any
incar video from a 305kmh pull. To see that run from the start line, please
see my other videos.
Here is incar video until camera dies. Start is @1min.
Vintage. The Saab 900 | drive it
Drive It! took a real rarity onto the race track: a front-wheel-drive Saab
900 turbo boasting 300 horsepower with a peak
torque of 500 Nm. This Saab is a real competition car. Trimmed down to a
weight of around one ton it can feel at home on any circuit. Amateur racing
driver Nico Gasparatos shows what the Saab can do.
Nordschleife Saab 9-3 Aero onBoard 28.06.2012 -- Lap 1
- Saab 9-3 Aero SC -- 2.8V6 T, everything stock (250BHP)
- Continental SportContact 5 225/45/18 tires (What a crap tire... will
never buy Continental again!)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 (Video and audio)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (GPS and OBDII using ALapRecorder application)
- OBDlink MX (OBD data)
- ALapRecorder HD for generating overlay graphs
- 28.06.2012 at 18:34
- 09:55 lap time (My first lap ever of the Ring!!) :)
Featured cars (in no particular order):
- Suzuki Swift rental (2x)
- Toyota Avensis Wagon
- Shelby Mustang
- Ford Focus RS
- BMW 3 series
- VW Golf GTi
- Assorted Bikes
- This was my 1st lap ever of the Nurburgring
- We had not planned to go to the track on that day but we kinda did, as a
consequence, the car was not really prepared -- Windshield was obviously
very dirty after 700km of Autobahn from Rostock and, the worse, the tire
pressure was still over-inflated to suit highway specs and led to the car
understeering a lot, poor general grip, and quite a fair bit of tire
- At 1:58, through the jump ~180km/h and again same speed at the bottom of
the hill at 3:03
- Slow rental Suzuki Swift at 4:15, all over the track, holding me and
cutting me off on the corner at 4:53 -- add to slam the brake and lock the
wheels to avoid hitting him!
- Toyota Avensis at 6:20. Hope you guys are seeing this! :) We met at the
gas station later on and there was a brief chat about my "fly-by" on the
chase of the Shelby ;)
- At 7:19 you can listen to my logging software on the phone crash with a
loud and disappointing "beep!" while failing to record anything of that lap
- At 7:57 quite heavy understeer and some active correction to bring it
back -- more of that at 8:20...
- At 9:37 you listen to me pissed with myself for totally messing the line
for the mini-Carroussel and falling out of it. :)
If you have video footage of my car, please let me know! :)
Racing Saab 9-3 S2000 - TouringCarTimes.com feature
TouringCarTimes.com joined the team Dealer Sport during a test at
Gelleråsen, Sweden, with the bio-gas powered Saab 93.
Double Swedish Touring Car Championship champion Jan "Flash" Nilsson was
behind the wheel of the car during the test day.
The Saab is built in S2000 specification, has got a bio-gas powered
straight four cylinder engine, 6-speed X-trac gearbox and is front wheel
For more information: www.touringcartimes.com