1973 Ford Ranchero w/ Big Block Ford 429 - Major Upgrades
Alright Boys and Girls...
This was the big build weekend. In three days my crew of hack mechanics and I accomplished the following in my garage in Houston.
1. Ceramic Coated (Polydyn) Hooker Super Comp Headers and Flowmaster Collectors with 4" pipes and sick turndown tips.
2. Edelbrock Performer 2166 Intake w/ Holley 700 CFM 4 Barrel Street/Strip Carb.
3. Pulled Head to fix broken Exhaust manifold bolt
4. New AC system - Old Air Products POA Update, Rebuilt Compressor, New Drier, New Hoses, New Expansion Valve
5. Electric Gas Pump - Plated the old manual pump
6. MSD Digital Pro 6 Ignition System (Installed in cab) and Pro Billit Distributor with Ford Racing Wires
7. New Hoses
8. Relocated Battery in Spare Tire Area inside Carb
9. Relocated Solenoid to Firewall inside engine compartment
10. Sick Looking Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner from year appropriate Ford
11. Rewired Engine Compartment
Oh My Garage! 1963 Falcon Ranchero Rusty "Restoration" (OMG)
I found a 1963 Ranchero with a factory 260 v8 and we're pulling him apart
to repair the rusted out floor and anything else that needs to happen.
Going to put him back together with a 289 and 4 speed overdrive
transmission. Stay tuned this is going to be a long series. I have to
finish it too. It's going to be my daily driver.
Music by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Titles: "Retro Future (Clean)", "Modern Jazz Samba"
American Muscle Car - S03E02 - Chevrolet El Camino & Ford Ranchero
THE AMERICAN MUSCLECAR series brings you the third season, profiling some
of the most influential cars in automotive history:
Chevrolet El Camino & Ford Ranchero
The CoPo Cars
1968-2001 Chevrolet Corvette
Boss 302 & 429 Mustangs
The Saleen Mustangs
The Hurst Cars
The SLP Cars
Dodge Dart GTS
1971 Fully Restored Ford Ranchero - For Sale By Owner - (805) 421-9313
1971 Ford Ranchero
(805) 421-9313 -or- (800) 559-3920 ext. 2
FOR SALE BY OWNER! This vehicle is currently for sale by the owner on EBAY!
Brand New Drivetrain (Engine, Tranny etc...)!!!!
COMPLETE RESTORATION---MODIFICATION DONE BY CARLISLE AUTO CLASSICS.
Once the new owner purchased it, it was completely gone through and
For more information regarding this COMPLETE Ford Ranchero, please call
(805) 421-9313 -or- (800) 559-3920 ext.2 or email us at
Ford FE 390 Big Block rebuilding part 2
To see the first part of the rebuilding go to:
and to see the break in run, go to: