Established on 1982, Fujita Engineering (or FEED) is now a 30-year old company. Yet, their passion for rotary motorsports is as hot as ever. The FD3S in this video was their new shop-car, built to become "the fastest street-legal RX-7".
As a matter of fact, this car has already proven to be the fastest. On December 2011, it won the class championship of the country's hottest time-attack event "Tsukuba Super Battle".
3 months later, on March 2012 when this video was shot, once again Fujita Engineering was at Tsukuba Circuit to verify what they had been developing throughout the winter was correct. Under fine weather, brand new Advan tires, and having the right driver, the car marked 57.511 sec at the attack at end of the day - beating their own Super Battle record by 0.5 sec. Looks like Fujita Engineering RX-7 is going to win the time-attack again this year.
- Attack Driver: Nobuteru Taniguchi (particularly on this day)
- Tires: Advan A050 295/35R18
- Wheels: Advan Racing TC III 11.0J+30
- Remaining Devices, Air conditioner, audio equipment, catalyzer, H-pattern shifting
- Honors: Winner of 2011 Tsukuba Super Battle / Street S-class (58.051 sec)
- English: http://www.fujitaengineeringusa.com/index.html
- Japanese: http://www.fujita-eng.com
Screen RX-7 Time Attack Car
- Shop Name: Screen
- Car Name: Screen GT35
- Max horsepower:
- Max Torque: 51.1kg/5,562rpm
- Rev Limit: 8,500rpm
- Max Boost: 1.2kg
- Weight: 1,050kg
- Transmission: Hewland Engineering Sequential 6MT
- Bodykit: R-Magic
- Hood: RE Amemiya
- Rear Diffuser: RE Amemiya
- Brake Caliper: Front D2japan 4POT / Rear 4POT
- Brake Rotor: 356mm Floating Rotor
- Final Gear Ratio: 3.9
[Time Attack Record]
- Fuji Speedway: 1'44.2 (Jan. 2011)
[Official Website] *in Japanese
RE Amemiya NA Super-7
Photos on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JDM.clips
The last complete bodykit for FD3S RE Amemiya will ever create!
Sad, but the car is so cool and awesome...
- Name: Amemiya NA Super-7
- Tuned by: RE Amemiya
- Base Vehicle: Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
- Bodykit: Final Complete RX-7
- Suspension: Quantum RS RE Amemiya SPL FD3S
- Shock: Quantum
- Springs: Swift F16kg / R18kg
- LSD: RE Amemiya L.S.D. Super Racing
- Clutch: ORC Metal Series 2 Plate
- Wheels: Enkei GTC-01
- Tires: Yokohama Advan Neova AD08
- Seats: Bride
- Meter: M7 Racing Meter SMD, RE Amemiya White Meter Set
Music by grapes / Title: Ophelia's Song
RE Amemiya factory - rotary heaven!
Completely focused on tuning rotary engine cars such as Mazda RX-7 and
RX-8, RE Amemiya is known as the best Rotary tuner in Japan. Not only they
are good at tuning RX-7 street cars seen on Touge Monster championship in
HotVersion movies, they have attained glorious achivements in SuperGT as a
racing team, and in D1 GranPrix. There is no other tuner in Japan doing
SuperGT, D1, and street car tuning at the same time.
The store is located in the suburb of Tokyo, only half an hour away from
the Tokyo International Airport. At the store, they sell RX-7 and RX-8 in
stock condition, tuned cars of "Greddy" brand, and individual parts. Their
parking lot filled up with rotary engine cars is nothing but a "rotary
[RE Amemiya - corporate profile]
Founder: Isami Amemiya
Headquarters: Chiba, Japan
Most famous car: Amemiya AsparaDrink RX-7 (Winner of 2006 SuperGT GT300
Subaru BRZ Race Car (GT300)
- 2012 Super GT / GT300 class
- Result: Rd.2 Fuji Speedway / 9th Position
- Car Name: Subaru BRZ R&D Sport
- Racing Team: R&D Sport
- Engine Tuner: Subaru STI
- Vehicle Maintenance: R&D Sport
- Drivers: Tetsuya Yamano, Kota Sasaki
- Vehicle Model: DBA-ZC6
- Size: 4,530 x 1,920mm (Height unknown)
- Wheelbase: 2,630mm
- Weight: 1,150kg
- Engine Model: EJ20
- Engine Spec: Boxer Inline-4 turbo
- Displacement: 1,994cc
- Max horsepower:
- Max Torque: 45kg-m+
[Official Website] *in Japanese
- Subaru Motorsport: http://www.subaru-msm.com/SUPERGT2012/
26 PSI RX-7 GT35R Single Turbo
Ever wonder what happens if you hit fuel cut at 26 PSI on a turbo RX-7? Watch me do it on accident while
For those wondering, I had the ECU set to 20 PSI expectation and wastegate
to 26 PSI. ECU will go 3.5 PSI over its limits before it cuts the fuel.
Small logical error can make a huge difference.
I got lucky. I attribute a large part of that to the pre turbo water injection keeping my knock low and
combustion temps low while tuning.
Mazda Rx7 Brutal Duel! RX-7 Vs RX-7
Awesome duel between two Mazda Rx7 tuned.
A Mazda RX-7 with 355 hp and 2777lb against another Mazda Rx-7 with 394 hp
and 2821lb of weight.
These people if they know what it means to drive!
Impresionante duelo entre dos Mazda Rx7 modificados.
Un Mazda RX-7 con 355 cv y 1260 kg de peso contra otro Mazda Rx-7 con casi
400 cv y 1280Kg de peso.
Esta gente si que sabe conducir!
Ras / Bodyform RX-7
Car: RX-7 Series 8
Work Completed by: Peter from Bodyform
Acknowledgement to Motive DVD Issue 9 for this video.
What its like owning a 3 Rotor 20B RX-7
I have one of the most amazing custom RX-7s in the world. I want to share
my experience of owning and driving such a unique car.
I explain where the engine came from, why its so special, and what it does
to a Mazda RX-7
BMW M3 E46 Roll-over crash in Nürburgring VLN race
More action here: http://goo.gl/SW5sCC
I pull the trusty pocketcam out just as the first few drops of rain fall on
Wehrseifen. An E46 driver loses control on the entry to the corner, and
ends up rolling all the way around. Race was the VLN #2 of 2012 and this
was only the second lap of a four-hour event!
7 Second RX7 - Turbo bigger than the motor!
CONGRATS to Bola de Humo Racing for running their first 7 the first time on
the 1320 with their new setup! Check out this 88mm turbo powered RX7 tearing down the track
weed-wacker style and all! :)
Their Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/BolaDeHumoRacing