We integrated the iPad 3G in a Yukon , we can watch YouTube videos , netfix
movied and iPod movies. This is the greatest thing ever because we also can
charge the unit as we watch a movie . Hope you guys come by and see us .
COMPLETED!! iPad Install BY BEST BUY INSTALLER in 2005 Chevy Silverado inspired by Soundman
I HAVE TO ADD IN, THAT I AM A CAR AUDIO INSTALLER FOR BEST BUY. I HAD TO
ADD THIS IN BECAUSE BEST BUY INSTALLERS DON'T HAVE THE BEST REPUTATION FOR
BEING GREAT INSTALLERS. I WANTED TO HELP CHANGE THE IMAGE OF BEST BUY
INSTALLERS. WE HAVE THE BEST TRAINING OUT THERE, REQUIRED TO BE MECP
CERTIFIED. COME DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL BEST BUY TO GET SOME GREAT PRODUCT
INSTALLED IN YOUR RIDE!!
Custom iPad install into my 2005 Silverado
1. Made a template out of masking tape
2. Made a filler plate out of 1/8 MDF
3. Used quick drying epoxy to glue the board down
4. Screwed the board in TEMPORARILY with screws and speed clips(Until the
5.Removed the screwed
6. Fiberglassed the board smooth with resin and mat
7. Traced out a pattern of the iPad on the MDF and cut it into 3 pieces to
get the contour of the iPad. I used quick drying super glue to temporarily
hold the shape. BE SURE TO PROTECT THE iPAD SO YOU DON'T GLUE THE BOARD TO
8. Once you get the basic shape, you can now use resin and matt to
fiberglass the boards together for a hard shape.
9. Now you can cut a notch out for the docking station.
10. I used epoxy to hold the dock station in place. (left the iPad in the
housing to get the perfect angle on the docking station)
11.Cut out side pieces and glued them in with super glue
12. Cut out 4 pieces on MDF to create the front panel, and glued it in.
13. Once all the panels are temporarily glued in, you can now fiberglass
all the panels together to make a very strong mold/case for your iPad.
14. Cut out a notch for the HOME button. take your time!! this can make or
break the look of this project. After the final painting of this housing, i
will be adding a suede backing, to protect the iPad from scratches
15. I modified a 13" TV bracket so my iPad an swivel in both directions for
easy removal and tilting to the passenger.
16. I created a housing for the bracket and iPad housing. i left the edges
a little longer, so i can grind it flush.
17. After a lot of carful measuring, i cut out a section from my dash
bezel, so i can fiberglass that housing into the dash bezel.
18. I cut notches out of the housing, so i can use them as a guide to line
up the housing perfect. I used hot glue to to temporarily hold the housing
in place until i fiberglass it in. (i used hot glue because this takes a
lot of adjusting)
19. Sanded the edged flush and fiberglassed the edges in. (Front and Back)
IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING, THE BACK PANEL OF THE HOUSING IS MADE OUT OF
1/2 MDF TO SUPPORT THE BRACKET AND iPADS WEIGHT.
AS FAR AS INSTALLING IT IN MY TRUCK. THIS IS WHAT I DID....
1. I HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE THIS INSTALL SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO A LOT OF
CUTTING OF THE FACTORY DASH. THE HOUSING FOR THE STOCK RADIO AND THE A/C
CONTROLS CAN BE COMPLETELY UNBOLDED (EXCEPT FOR 2 RIVETS) I DO THIS, SO YOU
CAN ALWAYS PUT IT BACK TO STOCK IF YOU EVER WANNA SELL UR TRUCK
2. OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE TO RELOCATE THE CLIMATE CONTROLS, I DECIDED TO
RELOCATE THEM TO THE OVERHEAD CONSEL (WHERE FACTORY REAR CLIMATE CONTROLS
WOULD BE ON A TAHOE.
3. YOU MUST NOW REMOVE AND PLUG OFF THE A/C VENT.
4. THE ONLY PART YOU SHOULD HAVE TO CUT OUT, IS THE TABS THAT THE POCKET
(BELOW THE VENT) IS CLIPPED TO. SAVE WUT YOU CUT OFF BECAUSE IT CAN ALWAYS
BE GLUDED BACK ON!!
5. I NOW WILL HARDWIRE A CIGARETTE SOCKET BEHIND DASH TO GIVE CHARGING TO
MY IPAD. AND I USED A 3.5MM JACK TO RCA OUT TO GIVE ME AUDIO TO MY RADIO.
6. I USED A PIONEER DEH-6200BT RADIO, AND USED THE I.P BUS INPUT SO GET
AUDIO TO MY SPEAKERS, FROM MY iPad. I USED THIS RADIO INSTEAD OF AN
EQUILIZER BECAUSE IT HAS BUILT IN BLUETOOTH AND HAS AN AUDIO INPUT. AND I
AM MOUNTING IT UNDER MY PASSENGER SEAT BECAUSE I HAVE STEERING WHEEL
CONTROLS, WHICH WILL ALLOW ME TO CONROL THE VOLUME AND AND ANSWER/END MY
PHONE CALLS. SO THERE IS REALLY NO NEED FOR MY TO HAVE THE RADIO VISIBLE.
7. I MADE SURE TO USE A SCOSHE DOOR CHIME MODULE SO IT KEEPS A HEALTHY
COMPUTER CONTROLS AND KEEPS ALL MY FACTORY WARNING CHIMES. OF COARSE I HAVE
TO EXDEND ALL THE WIRES TO UNDER THE SEAT.
THE A/C CONTROLS TOOK A LOT MORE BODY WORK THAN I EXPECTED. I USED 1/8 MDF
TO FABRICATE A HOUSING, AND I CUT THE HELL OUT OF THE OVERHEAD CONSOLE.
USED A LOT OF FIBERGLASS AND BONDO TO CREATED GIVE IT AN OEM LOOK.
AS FAR AS THE PAINT, I WAS GONNA HAVE A BUDDY PAINT IT FROM HIS SHOP, BUT I
GOT A LIL IMPATIENT, SO I DECIDED TO GIVE THE DUPLI COLOR RATTLE CAN PAINT
A TRY. I PICKED A FEW CANS OF PAINT AND CLEAR UP AT MY LOCAL PEP BOYS FOR
ABOUT 6$ A CAN. AND I WAS SURPRISED HOW GREAT IT LOOKED. IT LOOKED JUST AS
GOOD AS ANY PAINT JOB I HAVE SEEN FROM A PAINT SHOP.
Custom iPad install BY BEST BUY INSTALLER into Silverado inspired by Soundman
Custom iPad install into my 2005 Silverado. I HAVE TO ADD IN, THAT I AM A
CAR AUDIO INSTALLER FOR BEST BUY. I HAD TO ADD THIS IN BECAUSE BEST BUY
INSTALLERS DON'T HAVE THE BEST REPUTATION FOR BEING GREAT INSTALLERS. I
WANTED TO HELP CHANGE THE IMAGE OF BEST BUY INSTALLERS. WE HAVE THE BEST
TRAINING OUT THERE, REQUIRED TO BE MECP CERTIFIED. COME DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL
BEST BUY TO GET SOME GREAT PRODUCT INSTALLED IN YOUR RIDE!!
Dash Painted to match exterior of truck. Relocated A/C controls. iPad
bracket moves in both directions. DEH-6200BT pioneer radio under the
passenger seat. Factory chimes and steering wheel controls still working.
Any questions, shoot me an email. Armofgold85@aol.com
07 Chevy avalanche with ipad and xm skydock
Ipad in car charging problem solved?
I installed the xm skydock with a dock extension cable hard wired the
lighter, used the 1/8 to rca adaptor for the audio signal installed the
antenna for xm skydock and bam it all works charges just like a home
charger. usb audio signal out and xm to boot 75.00 for skydock 25 bucks for
cable jive dock extension cable dont use the 7.00 one on amazon it doesnt
have all the pins. evidentally the skydock pulls its power from the ipad
and the cheap cable is missing those wires.
iPad installed in Chevy Silverado
I fiberglassed an iPad into my dash with a linear actuator to motorize the
unit. I used a Kenwood headunit for volune and equalizer, USB, and
Bluetooth. The iPad is jailbroken and the applications shown are Pandora,
SlingPlayer, Beatmaker, and Soundhound.
Best iPad 2 install into car, motorized. SBN 2011 Porsche Cayenne S by Underground auto styling
Now available for iPad Mini! (Contact us for more details).
By far the most innovative install at SBN 2011. A fully motorized iPad 2
integration in the dash of a Porsche Cayenne S. Not only does it provide
security but provides adjustable viewing and operational angles.When fully
open it reveals a Pioneer double din DVD unit behind it. This first of its
kind install had its debut at Spring Break Nationals in Daytona Beach FL at
the Phoenix Gold Stinger booth. All work was performed by Underground auto
styling in Sarasota Srq Florida. The graphic content of the iPad also
displayed on all the 9 tv screens via an iSimple cable. A Phoenix ti2 10"
subwoofer, component speakers and the new SD amps provided the audio. The
Cayenne had custom 26" wheels and lights also done by Underground.
Underground now has an iPad mini motorized and non motorized kit for sale.
Contact them via Facebook at underground autostyling.