2010 Ford Fusion Review
Things I didn't cover in the video:
* I thought it was a 2009 but it's actually a 2010 Ford Fusion.
* The car has electric power steering. I didn't notice any problems with
this at all. I couldn't tell the difference between this and a normal,
hydraulic power steering car at all.
* The seat is highly adjustable, with lumbar support knob and angle
* The rear seats have pull levers in the trunk to release them to come
forward, which I never realized makes so much sense until you need more
trunk room! Nice touch.
* The 6 speed transmission is modern and interesting and intelligent, and
smooth. So smooth, that it's actually smoother under WOT than if you are
just shifting during a very gentile acceleration. When all out, the car
shifts right at redline, with no perceivable change in thrust as the car
rows up through the gears. Quite impressive. Also, the tranny has a
downhill mode, which you select via a button on the shifter knob. This
kicks the thing down a gear or two (or three) depending on how steep the
downhill grade is that you're driving on. This makes it so that you don't
have to keep hitting the brakes. The car just chooses the appropriate gear
to give you just enough engine braking to keep your brakes from needing to
be applied to maintain a constant speed going down a long hill or grade.
This also works automagically when under cruise control, no button pressing
* The engine is incredibly smooth with almost no vibration even when
revving the hell out of it. It makes it really easy to just mash the
throttle and let it shift at red line all the time, because the engine
seems to be perfectly happy doing so all day long. I like that! Plenty of
low end torque though too.