1960 Porsche RS60 $3,465,000 SOLD!
1960 Porsche RS60 $3,465,000 SOLD With Commission! Coachwork by Wendler
CHASSIS NO. 718-060
ENGINE NO. 90254
Transmission No. 718048
The Ultimate Development of Porsche's Four-Cam Spyder
One of Only 14 Customer RS60s Built
Illustrious Racing Record with 12 Class Wins in Just Four Seasons
Driven at Elkhart Lake, Meadowdale and Watkins Glen
Well-Documented History with Outstanding Provenance
Matching-Numbers, Original-Bodied Example
Monterey Historics and Rennsport Reunion Participant
Displayed at Meadowbrook, The Quail and the Porsche Race Car Classic
One of the Finest RS Spyders in Existence
Robert Myrick Photography
1941 Packard One Ten Deluxe SOLD!
1941 Packard One Ten Deluxe Station Wagon
Chassis No. 1463-2073
Body No. 753
Model 1900. 100 bhp, 245 cu in L-head inline six-cylinder engine,
three-speed manual selective synchromesh transmission, coil-spring
independent front suspension, live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf
springs, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 122"
• Fresh, authentic restoration; offered from 20 years of single ownership
• Very rare station wagon with Hercules body and Deluxe trim
• One of 358 Packard station wagons built in total for 1941
Unlike the majority of its competitors, Packard survived the devastating
Depression and maintained its stature as one of America's leading
luxury-car makers. Following record-breaking sales in 1940, Packard
introduced a wider range of its six-cylinder One-Ten models, with Deluxe
versions also being made available for 1941. Introduced on September 16,
1940, Packard's Nineteenth Series cars featured subtly updated styling,
with only minor changes in the overall body panels for the 1941 One-Ten
line. Inside, a new, more ergonomic plastic dash design was available in
various colors to match the interior. Packard would build over 34,700 of
its continuingly popular "Junior" models and by far, one of the rarest was
the stylish yet practical eight-passenger, wood-bodied station wagon.
By the late-1930s, only a handful of companies remained to build useful yet
elegant wooden bodywork for America's various car manufacturers. Packard
had switched from Cantrell in 1940 to Hercules Body Company, who also built
bodies for GM. The wooden-bodied station wagons were shipped back to
Packard for final assembly at the East Grand Boulevard plant. Although
Packard built far fewer station wagons than many of its competitors, they
were some of the most elegant and stylish in the industry.
For 1941, Packard offered a choice of Standard or Deluxe station wagons in
the One-Ten Series. The Standard version, body style 1483, was priced at
$1,250, while the Deluxe model, body style 1463, cost $1,325. There were
also two One-Twenty Series models offered, but the only real difference
between the two wagons was the eight-cylinder engine. The total production
of all Packard station wagon bodies built by Hercules Body Company in 1941
was but 358 units, making this One-Ten Deluxe very rare when new, and even
more so today.
Now offered from approximately two decades of single ownership and showing
approximately 43,000 miles, this One-Ten Deluxe Station Wagon from 1941
began as a good, solid, and well-stored example prior to receiving a
complete restoration by Gene Robertson Auto Body, of Amarillo, Texas, with
the wonderful results now displayed. The metal bodywork was stripped and
refinished in the original Maroon. The wooden body framing was completely
stripped down and only the rear-wheel arches were found to require
replacement, with new wheel-arch framing provided by the Wooden Car
Company. The interior retains the original wood paneling and includes new
carpeting and seat covers, plus fresh wood graining on the dash. All new
glass, glass channels, felt, and weather stripping were fitted, a new top
was installed, and all brightwork is fresh.
Mechanically, the car's frame was stripped and powder-coated, the entire
suspension was restored with all-new bushings, new brake lines were fitted,
the fuel tank was cleaned, and the wheels were aligned. While the
six-cylinder engine and manual transmission remained sound and did not
require rebuilding, the car now benefits from many new components,
including the clutch, hoses, water pump, wiring, a new Exhaust system, and new tires. Road testing was
also completed to ensure proper operation. Handsomely presented, freshly
restored, mechanically sound, and exceedingly rare, this 1941 Packard
One-Ten Station Wagon is a wonderful and highly enjoyable example. In
addition, it represents an interesting premium alternative to the far more
pedestrian Ford and Chrysler "woodies" of the 1940s.
Robert Myrick Photography
1962 Maserati 3500GT
1962 Maserati 3500GT, Aug, 2012
Chassis No. A.M. 101.1954
240 bhp, 3,485 cc inline six-cylinder engine, three Weber 42 DCOE3
twin-choke sidedraft carburetors, ZF five-speed manual transmission,
independent front suspension with coil springs, solid rear axle on leaf
springs and tubular shock absorbers, and front disc and rear drum brakes.
• Ex-Peter Revson, Chris Amon, and formerly of the Uihlein Collection
• Superleggera aluminum alloy panel work by Touring of Milan
• Desirable second series specification with five-speed gearbox and front
• Awarded Best Maserati at Cavallino Classic
The Maserati 3500 GT touring was introduced in 1957 and production
continued until 1964, with approximately 2,000 manufactured during that
period. Maserati 3500 GT AM 101.1954 spent the first five years of its life
in Europe, as confirmed from research by marque historian Adolfo Orsi. In
November 1961, Bologna Maserati dealer Cesare Perdisa, himself a former
race pilot, placed an order for this car, finished in grey with a blue
interior. Completed and delivered in February of the following year, Mr.
Perdisa retained the car for two years, using it for dealership and
promotional purposes, before it was acquired in 1964 by Bruno Deserti and
registered with the Bologna Automobile Club. An up and coming Italian
driver on the European circuits, Mr. Deserti later turned the Maserati over
to a fellow competitor, Peter Revson, the dashing young Revlon cosmetics
heir who was just beginning his racing career and driving in Formula Junior
throughout Europe. At that time, Mr. Revson and other future auto racing
stars were based in England, as were the major racing teams, their shops,
and suppliers. As his career progressed, he would enjoy much success at the
Indianapolis 500 and in Formula One, as well as Can-Am racing and a podium
finish at the 12 Hours of Sebring with Steve McQueen.
According to supplied documents, Revson brought AM 101.1954 back to Modena
in the summer of 1964 for a service. In fact, Mr. Orsi, grandson of Omar
Orsi, of Maserati SpA, recalls being in his grandfather's office when
Revson arrived. By year's end, Revson relinquished his stewardship to
another competitor, Chris Amon, of New Zealand, the tremendously talented
Formula One driver, whose long list of accomplishments included wins at the
24 Hours of Daytona and Le Mans. Mr. Amon later passed the Maserati to
Walter Willmott, a fellow New Zealander and an employee of Team McLaren.
By 1967, AM 101.1954 had arrived stateside and resided in Wisconsin until
about 2004, with such owners as Milwaukee sports car enthusiast Clarence
Graham, Jackson Reiff (who enjoyed it in local rallies and driving events),
noted collector David Uihlein, and Don Faul, who began a twelve-year
process of redoing and repairing, as needed, every detail of the Maserati
to the excellent driver quality condition it is in today.
Robert Myrick Photography
1990 Monterey Historics Allard Group Photo
This footage is from the 1990 Monterey Historics when Allard was the
featured marque. Over 100 Allards came together from all over the world.
This was the largest gathering of Allards ever!
Ferrari 60 Relay in Italy-historical F1 cars burnout
Maranello, 24th June 2007 - The final celebrations of the 60th anniversary
of the Prancing Horse in Maranello crossed the line. The historical F1 cars
entered the race track: from the 1947 125 S to the 2006 248 F1, all of them
driven by former and actual Ferrari drivers: Ivan Capelli (with a 1932 Alfa
Romeo P3), Nino Vaccarella (1040 Auto Avio Costruzioni 815), Luca Badoer
(375 F1), Gerhard Berger (500 F2), Andrea De Adamich (Dino 166 F2), Felipe
Massa (312 T), Jody Scheckter (312 T4), René Arnoux (126 C4), Jean Alesi
(F1-90), Michael Schumacher (F2004), Kimi Raikkonen (F2007) and again
Schumacher with the FXX. Piero Ferrari drove some laps with the 125 S, the
first car ever built at the works in Maranello in the year 1947.
(HD) EP: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster 1957 - Test Drive - Probefahrt - Testfahrt
We make these videos because we love cars. Please help us keep making them
by liking our videos. Thank you very much!
Recently we came across this beautiful Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster 1957
at The Gallery in Brummen, The Netherlands. This classic car dealer is one
of the largest in the world. We took the car for a little spin! We love to
hear your comments on our videos. Feel free to leave one!
The Mercedes-Benz 300SL was the first iteration of the SL-Class grand
tourer convertibles and fastest production car of its day. Internally
numbered W198, it was introduced in 1954 as a two-seat sports car with
distinctive gull-wing doors and later offered as an open roadster.
Built by Daimler-Benz AG, the fuel-injected production model was based on
the company's highly successful yet somewhat less powerful carbureted 1952
race car, the Mercedes-Benz 300SL (W194).
The idea of a toned-down W194 tailored to affluent performance enthusiasts
in the booming post-war American market was suggested by Max Hoffman. As
such, it was introduced at the 1954 New York Auto Show rather than the
Frankfurt or Geneva shows at which other Mercedes models made their debuts.
The "300" in its name referred to its three litre engine displacement, and
"SL" stood for "Sport Leicht" (Sport Light).
The 300SL was best known for its distinctive gull wing doors, first-ever
consumer fuel-injection, and world's fastest top speed. The gull wing
version was available from March 1955 to 1957, the roadster from 1957 to
1963. It was followed in the Mercedes line by the 230SL.
volvo 122 S weber 32/36 DGV
Un dimanche au volant de ma 122s de 1965, weber double corps 32/36 DGV
option d'origine installée en seconde monte en remplacement de 2 SU HS6.
Moins de puissance après 5000 trs/min, mais de belles montées en régime
plus franches qu'avec le double SU HS6 d'origine,
0 à 100km/h atteint en mileu de troisième contre en fin de seconde avec
les SU, mais toujours en un peu moins de 10 secondes.