- 1966 Yenko Stinger Corvair, SCCA Road Racer, Yenko Serial No. YS 086
- Original Yenko Dealership work orders & invoices documenting preparation of this car
- Original SCCA race logbooks and tech manual with spec updates by Donna Mae Mimms dated 11/25/67
- Tagged as number 86 of original 100 built for homologation in SCCA Class "D" production
- One of the first Stingers prepped and sold new by Yenko for competition
- Won SCCA Central Division in Class "D" sports racing in 1966
- Originally raced by race driver Jim Spencer, exclusive U.S. distributor of Yenko Sports Cars
James Reeve Returns 2011 Road Atlanta
The return to racing of Yenko Stinger racing legend James J. Reeve Jr.
Back in the mid 70's James was a thorn in the side of the British and
Datsun factory teams. James in his 1966 Yenko Stinger Corvair running as a
privateer was able to beat the likes Group 44, Huffaker and Datsun factory
backed teams in SCCA D-Production road racing at the national championship
level. I offered my Yenko Stinger Corvair for James to drive in the 2011
Historic Sportscar Racing (HSR) annual Mitty race at Road Atlanta the
weekend of April 29-May 1. James certainly didn't disappoint us Corvair
types this weekend. We were only beaten by a very well driven, and fast,
Lotus Super 7 driven by Bill Bartlett also from Atlanta. Thanks again
The 1965 Shelby Corvair Myth
Remember the rumor that Shelby did a little side work (just prior to the Mustang) for Chevy on 20
Corvairs, "Type LT"?, for the long ago defunct Mexican race series known as
"IRAM"? International Race Association de Mexico?
UPDATE! 2008, July...
The only known survivor is found! What hype! Incredible. ;-)
-- HAHAHA - just kidding :)
Music from Fort Collins, Colorado band GIVE 'ER HELL'S new CD - "SLEAZY
Song: "ARE YOU EXCITED TO SEE ME OR DO YOU ALWAYS SMELL LIKE THAT?"
Corvair Springfest 2008
Corvair Springfest in Helen Georgia 2008. I was is Helen for the Tour de
Georgia bicycle race and saw all these Corvairs. One owner told me there
was about 140 corvair owner and cars entered in this Springfest 2008.
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa Yenko Stinger Clone
This is a compilation video of some autocrossing done in the Yenko Stinger
Clone my Pops and I built. Mostly filmed at the Buccaneer Region SCCA test
and tune on Hutchinson Island right across the river from Savannah.
UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED?
A couple of interviews with Corvair owners at the South 71 Cruiser's Cruise
Night event this month. Lots of other cars there, but the Corvairs seemed
like an interesting topic to record.
Audiotrack: Niles Blues by Kevin MacLeod furnished royalty-free by
Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use
for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching,
scholarship, and research.