Yamaha R1 vs Police (SAAB 9-5 Aero)
*** EDIT: The officer driving the police car was later sentenced to pay a ticket, 19.000 SEK (€ 2000 // $ 2850). The reason was he didn´t obey order to abort pursuit and he didn´t had the permission to cut the bike off.***
Video from Sweden. An unmarked police car chases an Yamaha R1 -01. Seems like the police doesn´t use their sirens. The driver of the police car was later charged for not obey order. 6.34 he receives the order to abort the pursuit. And yes, the guy on the R1 didn´t have the skills to keep the speed up!
Saab 9-3 Aero Carlsson
My dad had the opportunity to appraise the limited edition Saab 9-3 Aero Carlsson during the week starting 17-Jan-2011. This is the first car from the limited edition of 96 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Erik Carlsson's first RAC rally win in a Saab 96.
This video is not a review and does the car no justice, though we thought it a worthwhile last hour to have spent with the car. The intention is to try and share what will one day become something of a collectable, a point already proven by a BMW driver who tailgated us so he could record the car over on his phone.
Unfortunately for me it was during a week of exams, which being both an engineering student and the owner of a 6 year old Saab 9-3, I can honestly say I have never had such a valid reason to procrastinate.
Just be sure to turn the volume up to max.!
Nordschleife Saab 9-3 Aero onBoard 01.07.2012 -- Lap 3
- Saab 9-3 Aero SC -- 2.8V6 T, everything stock (250BHP)
- Continental SportContact 5 225/45/18 tires (What a crap tire... will never buy Continental again!)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 (Video and audio)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (GPS and OBDII using ALapRecorder application)
- OBDlink MX (OBD data)
- ALapRecorder HD for generating overlay graphs
- 01.07.2012 at 12:43
- 09:49 lap time (my fastest of the 4 during the weekend)
Featured cars (in no particular order):
- Renault Megane RS (right at the beginning, my friend João)
- Mercedes E class
- Subaru Impreza Wagon
- Nissan 200SX
- BMW M5 (Ring Taxi -- right at the beginning)
- BMW series 3
- Renault Megane (2x)
- Mini Cooper S (2x)
- Mazda MX5
- Assortment of Bikes
- This was my 3rd lap ever - also the one where I managed to go faster due to not much traffic.
- Top speed = 205km/h at around 2:17
- At around 7:32 I am trying to get out of the way from a Mazda MX5 that was driving glued to my ass -- that was not the place for him to overtake, but he was pushing it a lot. I went really wrong line into the corner. Do note his driving style after he goes through. A bit... enthusiastic, to say the least! :)
- Loosing time behind the Scooby Wagon towards the end of the video. He didn't much fancy being overtaken... made me waste time on a zone where I could have been flat out. You can listen to me complaining at 9:00 :)
- ...and then failing to notice the slippery track sign at 9:10, which led to a understeer scare at 9:19, doing around 120km/h. Lucky! :)
- Moving out of the way for bike before the mini-Carroussel but he was not having none of it so... I took the line.
If you have video footage of my car, please let me know! :)
Aero vs 335i
This is some cruising on autobahn, A7, Filmed from a SAAB 9-3 Sportsedan Aero, 2,8l V6 turbo with 280hp and 350Nm of torque. Duelling the stronger BMW 335i coupe with a inline 6 3.0l twin turbo with 306hp and 400Nm of torque. Even though the BMW is much stronger the SAAB has no problem keeping up with the more expensive BMW.
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8t V6 with custom exhaust
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8t V6 with custom Exhaust. 3" resonator, 3.5" piping, 2.5" after the "Y"
I had this done at a Rainbow Mufflers in Jacksonville. Took a long time and the piping after the "y" is crush bent, not mandrel bent like I asked for. Overall I am happy with the Exhaust and seems to flow better than the stock Exhaust....then again my butt Dyno doesn't print out Dyno sheets!