General Motors' EN-V concept - we ride shotgun
TheChargingPoint.com recently got a ride in GM's incredible EN-V concept,
designed to combat the problems of overcrowding, parking availability and
air quality within the city of tomorrow.
Read our report at
Music credit: danosongs.com
ZR1 Vette vs Jet! - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Races A U.S. Navy Fighter Jet
MT Editor at Large Arthur St. Antoine pits Chevy's awesome "Blue Devil" --
the Corvette ZR1 -- against its toughest adversary yet: a Blue Angels
F/A-18 Hornet fighter jet.
Shot By: Jim Gleason & Terren Lin
Edited By: Jim Gleason
Read the story here:
Craven Performance 2006 Corvette Z06 CP1000 TX Mile 200 MPH+
Craven Built 2006 Chevrolet Z06 with our CP1000 package running the Texas
Mile in full street trim, on 93 Oct. Ran 208.9 in full street trim, running
AC back to the pits! Car made 1014 Rwhp on lowest tuneup.
2006 Corvette Zo6
CP Race Engines RHS 440
Procharger F1x at 18lbs
CP1500HP Fuel System (triple 340s in tank)
Alky Component CP Meth System
RPM TR6060 Trans and RPM/Quaiffe Diff
RPS Triple Carbon Clutch
DSS Carbon Drive shaft
DSS 1500HP Axles and Hubs
Pfadt Roll Bar
Custom Cut Seats for 5 point Harness
Tuned By DSX Tuning
The Ultra-Light, 505 WHP AVI Racing Corvette GT1 - /TUNED
Tuned heads to Inde Motorsports Park in the Arizona to meet with the guys
from AVI racing who have solved a problem that has plagued track warriors
for decades: If you want to go to the track, why start with a street car?
For less than the price of a new C6 Corvette, AVI's Corvette GT1 has the
racing technology and performance needed to spank some of the world's
quickest GT race cars.
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Z06X Track Car Concept
the 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Z06X Track Car Concept, which takes a standard
Z06 and stuffs it with an SCCA-approved roll cage, racing seat and harness
and fire suppression system. Besides the required racing bits, the car has
been extensively lightened thanks to carbon fiber body panels, a
polycarbonate rear window and the removal of the radio, carpets and
sound-deadening material. Again, just a concept, but if there was ever a
'Vette to put up against the Dodge Viper ACR-X, this is it.
C6RS vs C6 Z06
Cool lap at Spring Mountain 4-5-08 where I pass Spring Mountain's new C6RS
2009 Corvette Z06 with Stainless Akrapvoic Cat Back Exhaust
HD 1080p: 2009 Corvette Z06 - Completely stock minus the addition of a
crazy Exhaust system. Kooks longtube
headers, high flow cats xpipe & Akrapovic stainless cat back Exhaust with titanium tips. This car only sees
clear days! Approx. 5000 miles this 3lz vette showed 501 RWHP on Dyno after the Exhaust upgrade. We also added a ZR1 spoiler.
The akrapovic system keeps the Exhaust
value system so you can close 2 of the 4 Exhaust tips for a quieter ride if you prefer.
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Z06X Track Car Concept at SEMA
Chevrolet was kind enough to give us a sneak sampling of what the company
has planned for SEMA 2010, and the star of the show looks to be the car you
see above. Called the Corvette Z06X, the bruiser is effectively a
race-ready behemoth with a host of suspension tweaks and a slew of
weight-reducing materials on board. Built by the Corvette legends at Pratt
and Miller, this Satin White machine started its life as a Z06 with the CFZ
carbon-fiber package. Throw in an adjustable rear wing borrowed straight
from the C6R along with a full SCCA roll cage and you've got the bones for
go-fast trackday goodness.
Under the hood, the standard LS7 V8 benefits from a new low-restriction
intake and a more robust coolant system. The suspension wizards at PFADT
were so kind as to supply a set of mono-ball control arm bushings,
adjustable stabilizer bars and a complete coilover suspension, too.
Chevrolet has also bolted on a new raised carbon-fiber hood along with
carbon headlight housings to shave a few pounds. The biggest weight
savings, however, has to come from the polycarbonate rear window which is
also lifted straight from the C6R.
GM's Harlan Charles Talks with CorvetteBlogger at Sebring
We caught up with Corvette Product Marketing Manager Harlan Charles at the
2011 12 Hours of Sebring and he graciously gave us a few minutes to talk
about a variety of subjects relating to Corvettes. Some of the topics we
discussed include the latest changes for the current 2011 model year, the
new Corvette Z06X track concept car and the progress of the C7 Corvette.
Chevrolet Camaro SSX & Corvette ZO6X Concept
Introducing the SSX & ZO6X built by Pratt & Miller... Both cars were showed
at the 2010 SEMA. Lets hope GM puts something like these cars into
These are just concept cars for right now......
* Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
* Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
* Carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
* Unique lower grille and brake ducts
* Lightweight carbon fiber body panels
* Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
* Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
* SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
* Racing driver's seat with five-point harness
* Racing pedals
* Fire suppression system
* Fuel cell
* Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
* 524 hp LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts' camshaft,
cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
* Production six-speed manual transmission
with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
* Low-restriction air induction and Exhaust systems
* Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston
rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
* Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
* 20-inch racing wheels and tires
* Low-gloss Icy White Metallic color with exposed carbon fiber and red
* 2011 CFZ-option carbon fiber package, including splitter and rockers
* Adjustable carbon fiber wing
* ZR1 carbon fiber roof panel and B-pillar panels
* Carbon fiber raised hood (from the Z06 Carbon Limited Edition)
* Carbon fiber headlamp housings from Specter Werkes/Sports
* Weight-saving and shatter-resistant polycarbonate rear window
* Base Z06 1LZ trim
* Radio, carpeting and sound-deadening material removed
* SCCA-spec roll cage
* SCCA-approved window net
* Racing seat with five-point safety harness
* Fire suppression system
* Driver's drink system
* Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
* Genuine Corvette Accessory racing pedal kit
* 600 hp LS7 7.0L V-8 engine and Tremec six-speed manual transmission
* Low-restriction air intake system
* High-capacity radiator and enhanced cooling system
* New-for-2011 Z07 Performance Package, feature Brembo carbon ceramic brake
rotors and special brake pads
* Lightweight racing wheels in black; 19-inch (front) and 20-inch (rear)
* Michelin racing tires
* Mono-ball control arm bushing
* Adjustable stabilizer bars
* Coil-over struts with adjustable camber plates
GM ( Chevrolet or GMC ) 4.3 L V6 Engine Tear Down
This video goes through the teardown process of a GM 4.3L V6. It has been
removed from the vehicle and we take it apart, except for crank and piston
The automobile consist of:
• Fuel System: Purpose is to deliver fuel to the engine. It consists of
the fuel tank, pump, gauge/sensor, filter, pressure regulator and
• Air Intake System: Purpose is to clean and direct outside air into the
engine. It consist of air filter, ducts, air plenum and intake manifold.
• Exhaust System: Purpose is to
direct Exhaust gasses out of
combustion out of engine. It consists of the Exhaust manifold, converters, pipes and
• Cooling System: Purpose is to remove excess heat from the engine. It
consists of water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, cooling fan and
coolant recovery tank. Also the oil system serves as a cooling system as
well as a lubricating system. It consist of oil pump, pan, filter and
1. Clutch: Purpose is to connect the engine and transmission together. It
consists of clutch drive disc, driven disc, release bearing, clutch fork,
cable, slave cylinder, master cylinder. There are three types of clutch
systems: mechanical, cable and hydraulic.
2. Transmission: Purpose is to match engine speed to road speed. Two types
used are manual or automatic. These consist of gears, linkages, cables and
converters for automatics. A manual is connected to the clutch by a
flywheel and automatic by a flexplate.
3. Driveshaft: Purpose is to connect the transmission to the rear axle. It
consists of a slip yoke, shaft and universal joints.
4. Rear axle differential: Purpose is to change the angle of motion from
engine to the wheels. It also divides torque between the wheels. It
consists of a ring and pinion gear, carrier, bearings, crush sleeve and
5. Wheels/Tires: Purpose is to provide traction to the road as well as
carry the weight of the vehicle.
Vehicle Control Systems:
1. Brakes: Purpose is to slow and stop the vehicle. It consists of master
cylinder, brake Booster (vacuum or
hydraulic), calipers, drums, pads and rotors.
2. Steering: Purpose is to direct vehicle in the required direction.
Consists of steering gear (rack & pinion), steering wheel, column,
inner/outer tie rods, pump, reservoir, hoses and pipes.
3. Suspension: Purpose is to provide stability and handling while also
providing comfort to the ride. Consists of shocks, struts, sway bars, end
links, springs, trailing arms and bushings.
1: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC): Heats and cools interior
air to passenger comfort. Also circulates outside and inside air.
• Air Conditioning: Consist of condenser, compressor, accumulator
(receiver/dryer) orifice, expansion valve, hoses, evaporator, controls,
actuators and modules.
• Heating: Consists of heater core, valves, hoses and switches.
1. Power Generation: Creates electrical power to run all the electrical
systems. Consists of the alternator.
2. Power storage: Stores unused power to start the car and supply voltage
to the alternator to create more electricity.
• Both systems consist of wiring, harnesses, fuse, relays and modules
Chevy Camaro SSX is stripped & tuned for closed-course racing. #SEMA
The Chevy Camaro SSX is
a stripped-out, firmed up and precisely tuned open-track racecar concept
displayed at SEMA. Riley Motorsports and Pratt & Miller Engineering helped
Chevrolet delete interior weight and maximize the car's power potential for
Learn my mission at http://mission.highmileage.org . highmileagemobile is a
channel for rough-cut live videos; for more polished videos, please see
http://youtube.com/highmileage . Car culture conversation, 24x7, at
http://twitter.com/highmileage ; world's widest automotive Tumblr at