Part 12: 13B Rotary Engine Rebuild - My 76 Mazda RX-5 Cosmo Restoration
Just as I promised last episode, it is finally time to build the engine!
Part 12 of my RX-5 Cosmo restoration covers the entire process of building
the 6 port 13B Mazda rotary engine. While this engine is a hybrid of GSL-SE
RX-7 and Cosmo parts, the process is the same for any rotary from a 12A to
a 13B NA, 13B turbo, 13B-REW or any
other variant of the 13B. This video shows the whole process of the engine
build, starting from measuring the rotors and covering everything else
including clearancing the side seals, assembling the rotors, complete
assembly the short block, setting the eccentric shaft end play and
installing the front cover and everything underneath it. It's probably the
most complete engine build video outside of what you can buy from the
vendors, and as such, is an hour long. After this one, I'm going back to
videos under 20 minutes. But for now, grab a beverage of your choice, sit
back, and enjoy.
racecars with pure engine sounds (SLS, DBRS9, 997 GT3 R, Mazda 3, F1, ...)
International testday at circuit zolder on 2011-03-24
More video's of the Mazda 3 axela on my channel.
pure engine sounds Mercedes-benz sls amg gt3 aston martin dbrs9 porsche 911
rsr 962c 997 gt3 r cup mazda 3 sedan 20b 3 rotor vw scirocco ford escort
radical sr3 rs F1 Fittipaldi BMW E90 M3 wtcc, ferrari mondial Formula
Nippon Corvette GT3 axela
911S & FFR Cobra at Roebling Road
My buddy in his FFR built Cobra and I were having a little fun at a Flat
Out Motorsports event. His car is a 2300lb, 450rwhp car! My car has the
TPC turbo system on running low Boost (4.5psi) and this was its shakedown
weekend to dial everything in. Video is notchy at times and the wind noise
sucks but you get the point!
Mazda RX7 Race Car
Danny Bradshaw's 1979 EP/SPU Mazda RX7 Racecar.. The car races at Portland
International Raceway and in the Northwest area of the United States. The
car has a 12A rotary engine inside. 240Z Fender Flares on the Mazda RX7.
Watch us at PIR in Oregon.
Big Mike Muniz drive to the 2012 JCCS in my 73 Toyota Corolla Levin with a full bridgeport engine
This is a long video of my drive from my house in Montrose to the Queen
Mary in Long Beach for the 2012 Japanese Classic Car Show. Running full Exhaust system (1 muffler and 2
resonators) with an electronic cutout. Got an average of 6 miles per
gallon, fuel is C16 premix with 1:1 ratio of smokeless 2 stroke oil.
Big Mike Muniz 1973 Toyota TE-27
1973 TE-27 shipped from Japan back in 1988. The car was right hand drive at
that time and had the original 2TG Engine, The vehicle was then converted
to left hand drive and used several components from a 1974 TE-27 donor car
to pass U.S. safety standards to comply with California registration during
that time. The 73' bumpers were later re-installed, but I kept it left hand
drive for Road Racing conditions (easier to shift gears with my right
hand). Vehicle weight is 1,920lbs with driver/owner. The car has had
several different engine transmission combos over the years, the stock 2TG
was full race modified, then swapped for a turbo'd 3TC, a 4AGE, 20 valver, 3TGTE, 3SGTE, then
switched over to a blow-through turbo/monster ported 13B (which bumped me up a
race class against V8's and also was just spinning the tires), Then
switched to the 12A which is perfect power to weight ratio.
Engine & Transmission:
* Dynoed at 264hp to
the wheels...approx 300hp to the flywheel.
* Mazda 12A full Bridgeport rotary engine that came out of the "Fastest
West Coast 1/4 mile all motor 12A RX2".
* Engine has all Racing Beat internals.
* Racing Beat oil pan windage tray.
* Engine and Transmission moved back 6" for better weight distribution.
* Weber IDA 48mm carburetor bored out to 51mm and custom made jettings by
* Mallory Comp 140 fuel pump.
* Mallory Comp 140 fuel filter & an additional glass filter in engine
* Mallory fuel pressure regulator.
* Custom 1/2" fuel line.
* Modified stock fuel tank (anti-splash foam installed inside).
* NGK Race Spark Plugs R6725-115.
* Modified distributor by Rotary Shack.
* MSD 8.5mm red super conductor spark plug wires.
* 2 Crane Cams HI-6R Ignition boxes.
* 2 Crane Cams PS92 Ignition coils.
* Glimmer Underdrive pulley system.
* Tilton Double-Disc Clutch and "light" Flywheel assembly.
* Mazda turbo II 5 speed transmission
with short shift kit.
* Custom 2-pass radiator from Rotary Works.
* Sard thermostat /for the street, by-pass blocked when racing.
* 3 Electric radiator fan system.
* Custom aluminum engine mount and transmission mount by Rotary Shack.
* 3" Custom Exhaust system by
* Race Ready electronic Exhaust cutout
with "Megs" megaphone.
* Racing Beat 2 resonator and 1 muffler
* Racing Beat "Road Race" headers.
* Quick cable power disconnect.
* TRD struts and springs form AE86 (front).
* Single composite rear leaf springs
* Hardened rear axle/suspension locator bolts.
* Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable rear shocks.
* Cusco front adjustable camber plates.
* Mazda Factory Race hardened driveshaft yoke.
* Custom Aluminum driveshaft.
* TRD 4:11 Limited-slip differential.
* Hardened rear axles.
* 9X13" TRD TOSCO alloy wheels.
* Yokohama A-008R 205/60R13 tires.
* Modified front brake calipers (board and larger piston).
* Modified brake proportioning valve.
* EBC "bluestuff" race brake pads.
* Brembo front brake discs.
* Electronic race transponder.
* Vintage TRD race bucket seats.
* TOM'S racing 4-point harness.
* Custom carpeting and custom black headliner (by owner).
* Aluminum & carbon fiber shift knob, E-brake handle, pedals, & steering
* Grant removable steering wheel security kit.
* Autometer gauges.
* Autopower cage.
* Computech Exhaust Gas Temperature
* All new moldings and dashboard.
* Acid dipped front fenders, trunk lid, hood, and both doors for lightening
(car weighs 1,920lbs w/me in it, I weigh 260lbs).
* Custom red by P.J. Bonifacio Motorcars Autodesign & Autobody (painted 13
* Headlight wipers.
* Chin spoiler
* Rear spoiler
* Wheel arch extensions.
* Rear bumper tail lamp guard trim.
* Original complete Levin badges.
* Modified Oil cooler.
* Rare TE27 chrome trim around the front grill.
* Extended front and rear tow straps/ring.
* All new window seals.
Nitrous LSx Mazda RX-7 vs E85 Big Turbo EVO on slicks!
EVO HAD CLUTCH ISSUES REMATCH COMING SOON!!
OutOfOrder EVO vs DNR Performance LSx RX-7
Shoutout to 3HeadedElephantS for the GoPro Footage! Checkout his channel
and subscribe, also watch his badass edit of this same race here:
Mad Mike's Redbull Mazda RX7 (Tribute) - Drifting, what its all about!
Read the description for copyright notices and video sources:
These clips are not mine, NOR am I claiming them to be mine. (Never have).
I've collected the clips from the D1NZ events that have been posted up on
the channel http://www.youtube.com/user/sbpnzoversteer/ and any other
channels related to oversteer.
To Kenny, I am not claiming any rights and am only using the clips for
entertainment purposes (with some sexy syncing! haha) if you have an issue
with me using your material, please message me and we'll sort something out
from there. :)
Song used: The Amplifetes - Somebody New
Mazda RX-7 FD3S 20B Triple Rotor PP Turbo 1300+HP @ Nordschleife - Shift 2 Unleashed mod.
Mazda RX-7 FD3S 20B Triple Rotor PP turbo 1300+HP @ Nordschleife - Shift 2 Unleashed
ONLY ON PC !!!!!!!
- 1330HP (with NOS 2000HP)
-much bigger turbo
-new rev. limit: 9500
Download link for modded files:
Unpack/unrar the downloaded file and copy the bff files in the "\Electronic
Arts\SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED\Pakfiles\Vehicles" folder.
You can reduce/adjust HP with Ingame Engine/turboUpgrades, but let the ValvetrainUpgrade on
Stage 3 for proper Rev.limitersound.
Check out my other Videos !!!
The Zero F**ks Given RX7 - /TUNED
Would you drive a car built by a teenager in his parents driveway with no
safety features whatsoever? We did, and now we'll tell you why this ugly
RX7 is so brilliant.
The Mazda Rotary Engine Part 1
Educational film by Toyo Kogyo about the Mazda Rotary Engine. Shows how the
Rotary engine works with comparisons to the Piston Engine. Also shows the
Mazda RX500 test vehicle on a banked circuit and the Mazda Cosmo Sport (or
110S). Originates from the late 60's.
MAZDA RX7 Rotary Engine, How It Works
MAZDA RX7 Rotary Engine, How It Works
The MAZDA RX7 rotary or Wankel engine is a marvel of engineering. It has
won more races than any other vehicle in its class. Rotary engines develop
a great deal of power for their weight (power to weight ratio). They're
also able to develop high RPM bursts like no other internal combustion
engine. Learn the details of it operation, how the rotor transfers power to
the output shaft, what it the stationary gear set, what is the rotor to
output shaft ration and relationship. Get all the specifics on the rotary
engine's operation here in this video.
Presented using advanced software CG animation technology to help you
understand. Part of our Automotive Technology Rotary Wankel engines and
MAZDA RX7-RX8 series shown here on this channel. Enjoy...
Amazon Printed-Books & Kindle:
Google Play Android APPs:
Amazon Video DVDs:
Barnes & Noble Nook:
Apple iTunes iPad: