Pimped Out Saturn SL2 *UPDATED*
NEW: just got a body kit! its installed but has a few fitment issues that need figured out. looks sweet, but needs some work before its done!
also did the "Flip Flop" trunk mod, took out some of the carpet, cleaned things up. always messin around with this thing
check out my page: http://www.cardomain.com/id/courtlife
*NEW 18" Konig Uknowns with Kumho spt tires (for the summer)
*removed the bar across the "grill" and the front license plate - looks MUCH cleaner
*swapped the subs and Tv's because of trunk rattle & tailgating purposes
*Redone carpet in the trunk/back of the back seats
*Black Saturn Emblem
*Sony Door Speakers
*Saturn Racing Team decal on windshield
*Painted Calipers and Drums black
*Repainted the dash Silver
*Painted the molding above the windows black
*Weapon-R cold air intake
*Chrome Exhaust tip
*Switches installed on dash for Amp and power inverter for PS2 & tv's
*2 12 inch Type R
*Q-Logic Ported/Sealed Box
*2 15 inch Sony TV's
*Power Acoustic PTID-6500
*150 Watt PA System (Speaker is OUTSIDE)
*Blacked-Out Taillights and Side markers
*Sony Playstation 2 in the trunk
*5 % tint
*Bulldog 200 Deluxe Remote Start
All installation was done by myself, including remote start and tint job.
Any questions or comments are appreciated!
Turbo Saturn Drag Race - 13.259 @ 110.10 - 1.87 60'!
"Well, I believe that's a front wheel drive Saturn doing a pretty good job against that pickup truck in the Dodge lane."
1st to 2nd was sloppy but still managed a 13.259. 12 second Saturn all day if everything goes right :)!
Turbo Saturn Startup and Rev
Just a quick rundown of the 1998 White Hot turbo Saturn. Forgot to mention also has a fully ported head, intake manifold and throttle from www.streetdesignauto.com.
1999 saturn sl2.
UPDATE just bought a bodykit from Anydys auto sport 24/05/12
Heres the link to HIDs and LEDs i installed.
Having fun, Project car, rebuilt the whole motor, cleaned the tranny.
17" VOX Rims 205 40 17 General Exclaim UHP, Using nothing but full synthetic oil, Castrol Synthetic.
Had the Head reconditioned at Arsenault Cylinder Heads Ltd in shediac,NB.CAN.
Want to race a Saturn?
My good friend was out one night having a hard time looking for a race in his 2006 Saturn Ion Red Line. Someone in a turbo Eclipse finally decided to race against him. And yes, the guy in the turbo Eclipse was giving it all he had, even with a head start.
This video was produced by SLEEPYDUB for AuDUBahn Motorsports Gruppe. Created by Jacob Edwards. www.AuDUBahn.com
Seafoam 1998 Saturn Sl2
Using a carbon-eliminating product called Seafoam. Have used it in all my cars and will never stop. Do it about every third oil change :]
2002 Saturn sl2 and it has taken everything the only car I lost to is a BMW z4
Removing broken exhaust studs
Broken Exhaust studs seem to be a predictable problem on older vehicles. Here's the best way I've found to get them out. By the way, it works on most any kind of broken off bolt as long as you have enough sticking out where you can get a grip on it. Also, don't waste time with vise-grips. Get a good quality set of gripping pliers. You'll be glad you did.
Turbo Saturn SL2 Drag Race - 13.113 @ 116.69 MPH - In-Car View
13.113 @ 116.69 MPH!
This is just the in-car view.
I turned the adjustment on the wastegate 2 turns and the Boost shot up to 20+ PSI. I wasn't expecting this to happen so the car spun badly through first gear. I also short-shifted 3-4 by about 1000 RPM but I was able to run over 116 MPH.
List of Mods:
- Stock 1993 Block
- Custom Wiseco Forged Pistons (Stock Bore) - 8.8:1 Compression Ratio
- Custom SCAT Forged Rods
- 1999+ Crankshaft
- Clevite Main/Rod Bearings
- Personally (Mildly) Ported and Polished Head
- ARP Head Studs
- .030" Valve Spring Shims
- High Temp Valve Seals
- Stock Cams - Dual Intake Cam Mod
- Stock Intake Manifold
- Stock 1995 SL2 Taper Bored Throttle Body
- T04E 60 Trim turbo w/Internal Wastegate
- Custom Tubular turboExhaust Manifold
- CX Racing Intercooler (29" x 11" x 3")
- 2.5" Intercooler Piping
- 2.5" Full Exhaust w/Exhaust Dump
- 2000+ Tie-Plate (Girdle) and Oil Pan
- Stock Flywheel
- Fully Balanced Rotating Assembly
- 55lb/hr. Injectors
- MSD 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires
- AEM UEGO Wideband O2 Sensor/Gauge
- Autometer Phantom Series Boost Gauge
- 24.5" x 8" x 15" Slicks
- MegaSquirt 2 Extra DIY EFI Controller: Controlling Fuel/Spark
- Launch Control, Boost Control, Idle Control & Fan Control
- DIY Voltage Booster - Pressure Switch Activated
- Walbro 255 LPH High Pressure Fuel Pump
- Ice Cold Air Conditioning
- Stock MP3 Transmission - Custom Quaife LSD
- ACT 6-Puck Sprung Clutch
- 2000 Dogbone Motor Mounts - Prothane Polyurethane Motor Mounts
- Windo-Welded TAM (Top Engine Mount) & Lower Transmission Mounts
- Polyurethane Lower Control Arm & Sway Bar Mounts
- H&R Sport Springs Mounted on KYB Struts - 1.3" Drop
Turbo Saturn 95 SL2
1995 saturn sl2 turbo with 16g AEM FIC 10psi 227.24whp 198.09 torque. Only ran up to 6500rpm due to a fuel issue. When solved will be revving to 7200 as there is much more power to be made.