How To Adjust Valves Honda B18C VTEC 4 Cylinder -EricTheCarGuy
Visit me at: http://www.ericthecarguy.com/
Discussion about this video:
B Series Timing Belt Video:
Valve adjustment tool:
Long feeler gauges:
VTEC explanation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc800hkqY2M
I think this might just about complete my valve adjustment videos on Honda
engines. There are only a couple more that I can think of that I haven't
covered like the Vigor 5 cylinder engine and the DOHC VTEC found in the NSX
(that will be a fun one trust me) but that's about it. As you can see in
the video this valve adjustment requires a special tool. You don't have to
use the same one that I used in the video but you won't be able to
accomplish this procedure without some sort of special tool. Once again
make sure the engine is cold and it's probably not a bad idea to run back
through them after you go through the first time just to make sure
everything is still in spec, it's strange how one revolution of the crank
shaft can change things. Otherwise good luck.
Music from Apple's Soundtrack program: Bosa Long
Due to factors beyond the control of EricTheCarGuy, it cannot guarantee
against unauthorized modifications of this information, or improper use of
this information. EricTheCarGuy assumes no liability for property damage
or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this
video. EricTheCarGuy recommends safe practices when working with power
tools, automotive lifts, lifting tools, jack stands, electrical equipment,
blunt instruments, chemicals, lubricants, or any other tools or equipment
seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of
EricTheCarGuy, no information contained in this video shall create any
express or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any
injury, damage or loss that may result from improper use of these tools,
equipment, or the information contained in this video is the sole
responsibility of the user and not EricTheCarGuy.
Richard Hammond Reviews The 1999 Honda S2000
Richard Hammond reviews the 1999 Honda S2000 to see if it can compete with
other two seater roadsters in the market, such as the Porsche Boxster or
BMW Z1. He tests the cars performance and handling on the road as well as
marking it on it's looks and practicality.
The Transformation of My 2007 Civic Si FA5
UPDATE: There have been new plans in the works for the car since the making
of this video. It will be significantly quicker!
Video I edited showing each step my car went through since the day i bought
it. My original goal buying the car was to have a quick reliable daily
driver. My goal was to get it in the 13's doing nothing more than simple
bolt on's, stock motor, no forced induction. There are still quite a bit of
mods not shown in the video, but listed at the end.
I DO NOT OWN RIGHTS TO THE MUSIC:
1) Where I Can't Follow (Butch Clancy Remix) - Amy Kuney
2) Eyes on Fire - Blue Foundation (Zeds dead Remix)
3) Everyday(Netsky Remix)- Rusko
NAUSTINE Productions, Hope you enjoy the video and SUBSCRIBE!
2000 Honda Civic Si B16A2 :)
The car is a survivor, no upgrades all stock. This was a test run unedited
to see if I could get a decent shot from the cock pit.
Shot with Canon SD790 IS
1991 Honda Civic Si hatchback B16a DOHC VTEC Swap
Car is now turbo... new videos coming
soon. Currently not for sale. Update: Hey, I remember making this video...
seems like 100 years ago lol. I have since replaced both axles and
intermediate shaft and added some posi trac fluid to the transmission...
she's quiet and smooth as hell now. Hopefully I'll have the money soon for
a tuned ecu so I can Boost the turbo that's now bolted up to this bitchin
How To Launch and Shift a Honda Civic K25 300whp
My buddy Ku Thao's K25 Civic Si. It's amazing how this car accelerates. For
this pass, we still ran a 12.7 @ 106mph. I added approximately 200 pounds
to the car.
* Acura TSX K24A2 Block (2004)
* Darton Sleeves (89mm Bore)
* Portflow K20Z3 Cylinder Head
* ATI Super Damper (Street)
* CosworthUSA Head Gasket
* CosworthUSA Thermostat (Re-badged Spoon Unit)
* Drag Cartel Stage 4 (Billet)
* Ferrea Valves (Exhaust)
* SuperTech Dual Springs (100LB)
* SuperTech Retainers w/ (Honda PR7 Cotter Valves)
* Honda Valve Spring Seats
* Honda JDM Valve Seals (Green)
* Hondata FlashPro (v1.3.3)
* Hytech Cam Tower Oil Modification
* Hytech Oil Baffle (K20Z3 Oil Pan)
* Exedy Organic Stage 1 Clutch Kit w/ (Stock 15LB Flywheel)
* TODA Timing Chain Tensioner
* Type R (FD2) Intake Manifold (RRC w/ 72mm Entry)
* Type R (FD2) Oil Pump (RRC)
* Type R (FD2) Final Drive (5.062)
* Type R (DC5R) 4th Gear (1.212)
* Type R (DC5R) 5th Gear (.972)
* Civic Si (FG4) 6th Gear (.647)
* Civic Si (FG4) Exhaust (60mm)
* Skunk2 Intake Manifold Gasket (White)
* Skunk2 72mm Throttle Body (Version 15)
* RDX Fuel Injectors (410cc)
* Custom Cold Air Intake (3.5 Inch Diameter)
* Skunk2 MegaPower Header (1st Gen)
My B18 Type R VTEC Classic Mini
The engine is a B18c6 from a Honda Integra, 197hp.
Subframe is a Watsons kit. Was fitted by Watsons Rally UK.
Recorded with a GoPro Hero HD.
Before video with the old 1380cc engine...