Car Craft Magazine live build of '72 Chevelle
Remember your high school car? Who doesn't? If you grew up in the '80s or
'90s, you might have had a car just like this '72 Chevelle, or like most of
us, you might have been driving total junk. We're older now and way out of
school, but sometimes we wonder what our high-school beater could have been
had we known more about cars. In the spirit of nostalgia, we are going to
hammer this car into an awesome cruiser in one weekend. It's not going to
be a high-dollar build. Instead, we are going to add only one swap-meet
speed part and use the rattle can and some simple ideas to make the car
cool. Then we are going to cruise it around and fix stuff when it falls
off.. To join us, visit CarCraft.com/Chevelle on January 10, and watch the
Read more: http://www.carcraft.com/index.html#ixzz1izNvMQ46
My Blue 72 Chevelle now has a 400
A lot has been done since the last video i put up.
- Repainted the car to a custom metallic blue with white SS stripes.
- Completely rebuilt 72 400 SmallBlock with a mild cam.
- Flowmaster 40 series mufflers put on.
- New HEI electronic ignition system w/ new plugs and wires.
- New Pioneer Premiere P600UB deck.
- New Chrome Holley Valve Covers.
- Put on new gaskets etc..
- Added 2 ground wires 1 from battery and 1 from block to chassis.
- Leaking a little water from pump housing onto manifold.(pos housing from
- New balancer / flywheel both had to be externally balanced.
- New 11'' Clutch / bellhousing.
w.e else i forgot..
Thnx for any comments or questions
WILD 71 Chevelle Part 2
part 2: saw this wild 71 chevelle at a car show near north plainfield, nj.
it has a Pat Musi built 632 cubic inch motor. he says it is putting out
around 1150HP! the owner hasnt run it yet but says it should be in the 8's.
enjoy and turn up your speakers!