eclipse spyder turbo head gasket gone!
Damn!!!!!! A big mistake that my buddy and I commited!!! when builting my 2g 4g63t motor, we reused the old head bolts and a Felpro Cyl Head gasket, we tought that they could hold 25psi...... well it did hold for 7 months..... that was it.... all I have to say is..... damn! back to mechanics 101!
My 2.3 Eclipse GST Turbo Build!
My first car when I turned 16. Almost completely stock when I got it. Finished it up at the age of 22 while I worked full time and went to College. I hope everyone enjoys my hard work. NEW Dyno WATCH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS4YUer6tw
4g63 Turbo Manifold Swap #1
This is one of the problems I found after the Thursday night test & tune. Over the next 2 days, I kept watching my airflow counts dropping gradually in my logs and knew what was going down. Then I decided to drive it to work and it sounded like somebody was running next to me with a lawnmower... further confirming that I knew what was going on. Yep. Pre-turboExhaust leak. It still had balls when I mashed the gas, but I could tell it wasn't right. I was surprised because when I found the crack, I realized I shouldn't have even been able to spool the turbo. This manifold flows better than the stock piece, sure... but unless you get one made of inconel, it's a raging pile of crap. Get rid of it. 304 stainless doesn't cut it. I even had the lower turbo/Exhaust brace in place, so it wasn't getting wrenched on accelerating and decelerating. This thing just wore out & broke off from heat and pressure, and it did it in less than 2000 miles. Yes, it's the one in the polishing video.
Other things that are a good idea to do...
1) always use factory turbo bolts and washers. You're supposed to replace them with NEW bolts and washers. Use FACTORY TORQUE SPECS! 21-23lbs + 60-70Ā°
2) Stainless Steel 3mm turbo gaskets are re-usable. Worth the investment.
3) Use Stainless Steel ARP head studs. They don't break off like OEM ones do. This job sucks when you snap off factory studs. Use FACTORY TORQUE SPECS! 19-21 lbs (even on ARP hardware) for the M8 nuts. 21-23 lbs on the outer two M10 nuts if you have a 2g.
4) if you have to replace one, just get the EVO manifold. It dwarfs both the 1g and 2g. The turbo flange is bigger, so put my turbo port & polish video to use. It doesn't need to be ported like the 2g part does, and it's a thicker cast making it last much longer. If you have the cash, go ahead and buy the Forced Performance cast manifold. You won't regret it.
5) The only people that will know why this video is called Manifold Swap #1 are the people who read the info. I have a brand new FP manifold that's being ceramic coated, and I had bought it prior to this failure, not anticipating that it would happen. Lucky me. I hated where the tubular bits ended up in my engine bay, and they're preventing me from re-installing my polished valve cover. The only reason I put that thing on my car was because the 2g stock manifold was ugly. Ugly, sure... but it works just as good and more reliably than these tubular things. If you buy a manifold, buy a CAST manifold.
Eclipse Spyder GS Turbo
My project 99 Eclipse Spyder GS
Started as a Non turbo 2.4L SOHC
14b at 9psi
sbr manifold w/ external wastegate
Open Apex'i DP with custom turndown
Custom FMIC and piping
SAFC and wideband
eibach/kyb/rm racing suspension
probe gt VS Eclipse GST
Zex Wet 55 Shot
Edelbrock Bottle warmer. (Only at 750psi)
KLZE Japanese Motor Swap
5spd Trans Swap
RR-Racing Motor Mounts
Stage 2 Clutch
Probinator VRIS ECU Calibration
2.5" Catback Exhaust
2.5" Exhaust Cut Out
Cold Air Intake
-96 Eclipse turbo
14B turbo Upgrade
WATCH MY OTHER VIDEOS!!!! =)
Eclipse GST 2.0 Turbo
veja mais em: http://www.streetcustoms.com.br
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 2.0 turbo da loja "Sokados" Vip Style, com rodas TSW, e som forte...
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST, a history, a legacy
Quick Video of my 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST. Mods were all completed by myself, with the help and knowledge of members of DSMtuners.com. Next mods were to be fuel mods, but a GSX fell into my hands and now I am selling the GST and moving on to the GSX. Enjoy!