End of the Line Tour Nov. 19, 2009 -Return of the Edsels

Edsels return to the assembly line for the first time in 50 years at the Louisville Assembly Plant in Louisville KY on November 19, 2009. Part of the "End of the Line Tour" to commemorate 50 years since the Edsel was discontinued on November 19, 1959.

More Videos...

Edsel Graveyard
A poetic study in automobile history

FORD - 1958 EDSEL RANGER - Introduction of the Edsel - In the Ford Factory
Assorted clips featuring the 1958 Edsel with vintage television commercials, TV shows, inside the factory, etc. Includes bonus Ford Thunderbird vintage footage.

Ford's St. Thomas Assembly Plant: The Last Days
Ford's St. Thomas assembly built the automaker's venerable Crown Victoria, the Mercury Grand Marquis and the Lincoln Town Car. Here is video of some of the last Crown Vics to come off the line before they shut down the plant two weeks ago

1958 Edsel Roundup Untouched original, Awakens after 4 decades
1958 Edsel Roundup. Only 963 ever built. The Roundup was unique and was a 1 year model only. It was a 2 door wagon and had sliding glass side windows. Its design was an answer to compete with Chevrolets Nomad Wagon. With an engine that delivers over 300 H.P. it was an impressive machine. This Ford Edsel Roundup has remained hidden and unknown for decades. This car was not known to still exist.The car has its original paint, original mileage and is still exactly as it came from the factory in 1957 when it was delivered new at R.J. Edsel in Philadelphia Pa. It is still rolling on its last set of 1960s bias ply tires that are in amazing condition. The oil change sticker are still in the door. The assembly line number is still on the fire wall, (#119). along with the grease pen paint code (EE). Even the clock works. The car has never been left exposed to the elements. It may be the most original documented Edsel Roundup in existence. It has spent most of its entire life under blankets in an insulated garage. This is the first time it has been out or seen in public on the road since 1973...