Definitive Z: The Limit and Legacy of the Datsun 240Z
John Williams is as hardcore a Datsun as a they come. A relative
late-comer, he embraced the Z culture in the early 1980s. Since then he's
used his skills as a machinist, and passion as an enthusiast, to produce
his own parts for award-winning classics. Among the finest is his silver
240Z, a labor of love for a sports car that changed the West's perception
of what the Japanese could do. Three generations later, the Nissan Z
continues to define the Japan's sports car culture.
Find out why.
Be sure to subscribe and check out our blog at: http://electricfederal.com/
Like us on Facebook!
S13 '89 2JZ TEST DRIVE - ITS Racing
First test drive of S13 1989 2JZ powered
Song : Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)
Why a 2JZ Engine ?
2JZ is a favorite and I do not regret my choice because my 2JZ has a
story. My 1st 2JZ was given to Daigo Saito during the King of Europe Event
@ Circuit Parcmotor Castelloli (Spain) because he broke his engine.
When I gave to Daigo Saito my engine. It wasn't mounted yet so it wasn't
a problem and I didn't hesitate to give it to him :D it would have been a
huge mistake not to do.
And later Wise Square gave me another 2JZ to complete my S13, so what else
/!\ CAR SPECS below /!\
- Completely gutted, unblaxon and repainted in Porsche 997 GT3 RS grey
- 2 OMP fiber bucket seats (6.5kgs)
- TAKATA Harness 6 points
- 4 Gauge kit DEFI (turbo pressure, oil,
oil and water temperature) + DEFILINK
- OMP steering wheel
- HKS turbo Timer
- AEM EMS system V2 Management + MAP 5bar by Jimmy COMINI
- ZEITRONIX Broadband probe
- SPEEDPRO hydraulic carbon brake
- Homemade rollbar (diameter 40), standard FIA painted in HOUSE OF COLOR
- Fire Extinguisher 2.8kg (project to install an automatic fire
- External 40L alu tank + 2l tank buffer
- SYTEC low pressure and BOSCH 044 high pressure fuel pumps
- Gas. braided hoses (aviation type)
- Homemade alu console + carbon covering with all switches controls
(glass, start, fuel pump, fan etc. ....) and Acewell Dash board
- Wiring harness with custom fuse box and relay box
- OEM pedals
- Circuit breaker
- Door trim in aluminium with carbon covering
- Full setup Coilover Driftworks CS2 + Geomaster 2 front / rear
- Custom front and rear strutbars
- Large-diameter Whiteline sway bars
- 18-inch wheels ROTA GRID DRIFT red and black mounted with 235/40/18
front and 265/35/18 rear
- Modified engine compartment (to allow swap) painted in HOUSE OF COLOR RED
- 2JZ with MITSUBISHI single turbo
- HKS stainless Collector 6
- HKS external wastegate
- Custom wiring harness
- 750cc Injectors
- HKS Air Intake
- FMIC 42L
- 2 spal fans
- Mishimoto alu radiator & water tank
- Radiator DA
- DA Mishimoto jar
- Oil cooler with filter relocation
- Full custom Exhaust system + INVIDIA
- Silicone hoses kit motor and water
- Reinforced Clutch 4 pads
- GearBox R154
- Custom Shaft alu DRIVESHAFT
- Kaaz 2-way Differential
- HKS 272 Camshaft
- SYTECH Fuel pressure regulator
- MishimotoOil catch tank
- ROCKET BUNNY TRA KYOTO body kit
- Painting : Porsche 997 GT3 RS grey
- Painting : HOUSE OF COLOR RED Candy (roof, spoiler)
- Glastint pro securit
- EPR Dmax style hood
- Front: PROJECT MU discs, S14 caliper / FERRODO DS2500 pads
- Rear: 300ZX discs and caliper / FERRODO DS2500 pads
- Master cylinder S14
- braided hoses (aviation type) at all 4 corners
Current Power: 500hp.
Upgrades to come:
- Upgrade brakes
- Installation Greddy T78 + update map (goal: 800 +)
- 1000cc injectors to feed the beast
Thanks to ITS Racing team and all friends who helped me in this project!
Filmed with nikon D800 + 24-70 / GoPro HD hero 2 with Rode external mic
(wrong exposure settings on Nikon... -_-' ).
360HP STAR ROAD DATSUN FAIRLADY S30Z WALKAROUND
Come and take a closer look at Star Road's insane L28 powered S30Z Fairlady
that is literally the perfect mix of both the old and new schools. I walk
you around the car, showing you the immense amounts of detail that have
gone into it. It is currently developing a screaming naturally aspirated
360hp, revs to 8000rpm and includes one of the most impressive engine bays
you will ever see including a special custom carburettor/injection setup
that is monitored by MoTec engine management and a full Defi system.
You would struggle to find a better modern take on a classic like the
Fairlady anywhere else on the planet.
Visit their perfection here ---- www.starroad.co.jp
And visit www.7tune.com for more information, videos and photos of this
1972 Datsun 240Z run. (One last good time before I sold it)
Right before I sold it...
Clicking noise is a leak in the balancing tube (welded day after this
video) Some sloppy shifts due to slack in the rear end and un-adjusted
clutch with cracked clutch arm bracket.
I loved/love this car! So much fun to drive...
240Z FLAT OUT RUN
Full race spec NIssan L28 Motor(3.1 liter Injection)
6-1 Cyclone Headers(Hand bend)
S15 SILVIA 6 Speed Mission
Best JDM Cars Ever Made
Song: Collide by MOOG feat. Erin Renee
My favorites...♥ JDM Cookout! Honorable Mentions Below
1990 Honda Nsx
Nissan Silvia 180sx, S13, S14, S15
1972 Nissan GTR "Hakosuka"
1974 Nissan GTR
1992 Subaru STi 22B
1993 Celica T200
1991 RX-7 FC
Datsun 240Z V8 SuperCharged
This is a Datsun 240Z V8 Supercharged very insane. (NOTE:Not My Car) Its
Just a Sexy Beast =)That i wanted to share with everyone. ENJOY!
240Z vs. the Ozark Mountains
Some [conservative] horseplay in my 1971 3.1L 240Z before putting my new
race motor away for the winter. This is NOT a performance driving video,
just some fun on an awesome road.
This is first time I've driven the road, so I'm a little more confident
after 3:00. (I found it on Google Earth then trailered my car there.)
Some highlights, since it's not exactly a concise video:
1:55 downhill stretch, crossing Beaver Lake
2:40 more aggressive driving begins
4:00 scared myself a bit
4:40 traffic encountered
5:00 engine vs. open highway
Referenced walk-around video of my L6 motor:
1999 Shelby Brock Daytona Coupe - Jay Leno's Garage
Bruce Goldsmith takes Jay through the superformance car Pete Brock
re-engineered in the style of the iconic '60s original - kind of the new
version of what might have been.
Subscribe NOW to Jay Leno's Garage: http://full.sc/JD4OF8
Check out the Official Jay Leno's Garage Site for more:
Get more Jay Leno's Garage:
Follow Jay: http://Twitter.com/LenosGarage
Like Jay: http://Facebook.com/JayLenosGarage
Get more NBC:
NBC YouTube: http://full.sc/MtLxIM
NBC Facebook: http://facebook.com/NBC
NBC Twitter: http://twitter.com/NBC
NBC Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NBC/posts
Tonight Show host Jay Leno explores his passion for all things on wheels in
this Emmy Award-winning web series.
1999 Shelby Brock Daytona Coupe - Jay Leno's Garage