Built 1992 talon tsi 6/4 JE/Crower/ARP 2.0 4g63 Turbo
Built '92 idiling-shot of motor-Spearco front mount-2.5" Intercooler piping-evo III 16g-tube manifolds-880 cc injectors-E-Promm w/ 5500 RPM Anti-Lag-Blah Blah Blah...700 HP BIG turbo TO COME...STAY TUNED :)
Polishing a 2g GSX 4g63 Turbo cylinder head & manifold
The stainless steel manifold had never been polished, but the nice thing about stainless is you don't have to do all the prep-sanding that you do with Aluminum before being able to polish it. Aluminum takes 10x the effort with sanding than it does to polish. Fortunately I had already done all of that to the head and coolant neck back in '05, so all it needed was black rouge to come back to life. Stainless is much more corrosion resistant, but tends to blue itself with heat over time. I think it cleaned up pretty well!
1g Dsm Eagle Talon TSI 400 AWHP
My old 1992 Talon TSI. 6 bolt motor, 4 bolt rear end. Built motor-Brian Crower rods, JE pistons, fully built head with Brian Crower dual springs and valves, and cams. Spearco front mount with 2.5" piping. 2g maf and injen intake mated to an Evo III big 16g mod turbo. Warlboro 290 with braided feed, modified fuel rail with external FPR. Braced tube Exhaust manifold. Autometer gauges, Greddy turbo timer and Boost controller. NTK wide band, 880 injectors, Eprom computer with custom tuned chips, 5500 rpm 2 step. Coil on plug ignition. Custom fabricated drain back catch can. 2g " big brakes" with hawk pads, braided lines, and cryoed rotors. Enkei wheels, KYB struts with Eibach springs. Had race seats and quick release steering wheel but swapped back to stock for new owner. This is probably one of the cleanest first generation DSM's left in existence. 100% rust free-Wish I never sold it! But I built my Evo with the cash.
4g63 Turbo Manifold Swap #1
This is one of the problems I found after the Thursday night test & tune. Over the next 2 days, I kept watching my airflow counts dropping gradually in my logs and knew what was going down. Then I decided to drive it to work and it sounded like somebody was running next to me with a lawnmower... further confirming that I knew what was going on. Yep. Pre-turboExhaust leak. It still had balls when I mashed the gas, but I could tell it wasn't right. I was surprised because when I found the crack, I realized I shouldn't have even been able to spool the turbo. This manifold flows better than the stock piece, sure... but unless you get one made of inconel, it's a raging pile of crap. Get rid of it. 304 stainless doesn't cut it. I even had the lower turbo/Exhaust brace in place, so it wasn't getting wrenched on accelerating and decelerating. This thing just wore out & broke off from heat and pressure, and it did it in less than 2000 miles. Yes, it's the one in the polishing video.
Other things that are a good idea to do...
1) always use factory turbo bolts and washers. You're supposed to replace them with NEW bolts and washers. Use FACTORY TORQUE SPECS! 21-23lbs + 60-70°
2) Stainless Steel 3mm turbo gaskets are re-usable. Worth the investment.
3) Use Stainless Steel ARP head studs. They don't break off like OEM ones do. This job sucks when you snap off factory studs. Use FACTORY TORQUE SPECS! 19-21 lbs (even on ARP hardware) for the M8 nuts. 21-23 lbs on the outer two M10 nuts if you have a 2g.
4) if you have to replace one, just get the EVO manifold. It dwarfs both the 1g and 2g. The turbo flange is bigger, so put my turbo port & polish video to use. It doesn't need to be ported like the 2g part does, and it's a thicker cast making it last much longer. If you have the cash, go ahead and buy the Forced Performance cast manifold. You won't regret it.
5) The only people that will know why this video is called Manifold Swap #1 are the people who read the info. I have a brand new FP manifold that's being ceramic coated, and I had bought it prior to this failure, not anticipating that it would happen. Lucky me. I hated where the tubular bits ended up in my engine bay, and they're preventing me from re-installing my polished valve cover. The only reason I put that thing on my car was because the 2g stock manifold was ugly. Ugly, sure... but it works just as good and more reliably than these tubular things. If you buy a manifold, buy a CAST manifold.
700HP+ 1992 EAGLE TALON TSI AWD WALKAROUND!
The current listing on Ebay for the car is here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TALON-ECLIPSE-LASER-AWD-700HP-STREET-STRIP-BEAST-26k-BUILD-NEAR-COMPLETION-/130852262660?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e77671304
4g63 turbo colt
i took a stock dodge colt and swap it out with a 4g63t motor......4G63 2.0 DOHC turbo
2g GSX 4g63 Turbo Longblock Assembly
Freshening up the 7-bolt 4g63 for another round after the last transmission failure. This time I installed some new goodies...
Tubular Exhaust Header
Magnus Intake Manifold
Magnus heat barrier gasket
Rebuilt 1g Throttle Body
Mirage 4g61 front case oil seal
-6AN turbo coolant lines
ARP Polished Stainless Steel fasteners
new timing belt
new accessory belts
ARP cromoly crank pulley bolts
FIC -8AN fuel rail
deleted breather port
added 2 -8AN breather ports to front of valve cover
polished aluminum EVO half-moon seal
JMFabrications coil-on-plug plate
new Chrysler coils
1991 Eagle Talon
1991 EAGLE TALON TSI AWD
GARRET G35 BALL BEARING turbo RATED @ 650HP
38 MM turbo SMART WASTE GATE...
GREDDY BLOW OFF VALVE
CUSTOM MADE 2 1/2 INCH Intercooler PIPING
LARGE FROM MOUNT Intercooler
T turbo MANIFOLD
3 INCH Exhaustturbo BACK
2 BOSCH FUEL PUMPS ONE IN THE TANK AND ONE ON THE LINE
BRAIDED FUEL LINE FROM TANK TO FUEL RAIL AND BACK
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
ARIAS FORGED PISTONS RATED @ 800 HORSE POWER
COMETIC HEAD GASGET
ARP HEAD STUDS
PORT AND POLISHED HEAD
EUROTHEYNE ENGINE MOUNTS AND SUSPENSION BUSHINGS
ACT CLUCTCH WITH 26LBS
KYB ADJUSTABLE STRUTS
1.75 INCH DROP LOWERING SPRINGS
FRONT UPPER STRUT BAR
CUSTOM VALVE COVER
SUPER AFC APEXI NEO
UPGRADED FRONT BRAKES WITH 2 PISTON CALIPERS
REAR END FROM A 92 TALON, LIGHTS AND BUMPER
CURRENTLY RUNNING @ 26 POUNDS OF Boost ESTIMATED @ 400HP
MOMO RACING SEATS
MOMO STEARING WHEEL AND HUB
NEW ALTERNATOR AND NEW BATTERY
CAR ALSO COMES WITH EXTRA TRANSMISSION, TRANSFERCASE AND STOCK RIMS.
CONTACT TOM 416-856-5018