• High-performance concept study with BMW ActiveHybrid technology visualising the dynamic performance typical of a BMW against the backdrop of future demands in sustained mobility. BMW Vision EfficientDynamics as a symbol for the future of Sheer Driving Pleasure in harmony with trendsetting efficiency.
• Development aim: The performance of a BMW M Car and a highly emotional character combined with the fuel economy and emission management of a modern small car in the premium class. As a result, this unique sports car offers the most consistent rendition of the BMW EfficientDynamics development strategy.
• Innovative approach in the context of BMW EfficientDynamics: The exceedingly good balance of CO2 emission management and driving pleasure results from a revolutionary vehicle concept developed all in one from the ground up, achieving a new level of efficiency combined with a unique driving experience. The overall result goes far beyond the sum total of the individual features and components in this concept car.
• BMW Vision EfficientDynamics offers a realistic impression of the unique potential of BMW ActiveHybrid technology and the great innovative thrust of BMW EfficientDynamics.
• Offering a full-hybrid concept, the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics concept car is powered by a three-cylinder turbodiesel and two electric motors. Overall system output is 262 kW/356 hp, maximum torque 800 Newton-metres/590 lb-ft. All-wheel drive featuring an electric motor on both the front and rear axle.
• Anticipated performance: Acceleration from a standstill to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds, top speed 250 km/h (155 mph) (electronically limited) , fuel consumption in the EU test cycle 3.76 litres/100 km (equal to 75.1 mph imp), CO2 emissions 99 grams/kilometre.
• As a plug-in hybrid, BMW Vision EfficientDynamics is able to cover the entire fuel consumption drive cycle under electric power alone. Taking the sources of energy used for generating the electric power consumed into account (EU electricity mix), this reduces the CO2 emission rating to just 50 grams per kilometre.
• Electric power is generated without the slightest increase in fuel consumption through a particularly efficient concept of Brake Energy Regeneration. Energy is stored in 98 lithium polymer cells. The car is able to cover a distance of approximately 50 km/31 miles in the electric mode alone.
• Aerodynamics developed with know-how from Formula 1. CX drag coefficient optimised to just 0.22. Forward-looking energy management uses the maximum potential available in each case to minimise fuel consumption.
• Technology-oriented body design as a clear expression of consistent lightweight technology and aerodynamic quality. Design language typical of the brand, setting clear signals in terms of sporting performance and optimum efficiency.
• The 2+2-seater concept combines dynamic performance and supreme efficiency with an enhanced level of all-round function. BMW Vision EfficientDynamics symbolises BMWs commitment to offer an unprecedented driving experience for up to four occupants.
• BMW Vision EfficientDynamics comes with gullwing doors opening up to the side. Innovative, weight-optimised door kinematics makes entering the car at both front and rear convenient and very easy.
• The interior of this unique 2+2-seater intentionally demonstrates the very latest in modern technology. At the same time the use of natural materials underlines BMWs strategy of sustainability borne out through this concept car.
• The roof and door inserts made of polycarbonate glass automatically become darker as a function of incoming light.
KNIGHT XV - The World's Most Luxurious Armored Vechicle
Are You Ready To Be Knighted? Conquest Vehicles has produced a power
promotional video for the KNIGHT XV. Offering more security and luxury
options, amenities and upgrades than any other handcrafted armored vehicle
on the planet, the KNIGHT XV is truly an amazing vehicle that must be seen
to be believed.
Visit http://www.dubmag.net/celebrities/athletes/933-dwight-howard to see
DUB Magazine's feature on the Knight XV.
The World's First 2009 Widebody Dodge Challenger
Check out the world's first wide-body 2009 Dodge Challenger that was custom
built by expertise fabricator Topo and JW Motorsports in Bellflower,
California. The Challenger was a crowd favorite at this year's SEMA and
features 24-inch front and 26-inch rear custom-built Asanti wheels. What
they did was bring out the body four inches to fit that 7-inch lip. They
also lowered the suspension and added custom Exhaust for more horsepower. At night, the
cars reflectors make it more noticeable and give it a bit of personality
when rolling down the street. Check out dubmagazine.com for more info.
Calabasas Exotic Car Drive (Lambos, Bugattis, Zondas & more)
Recently, Forgiato sponsored the 2009 Calabasas Exotic Car Drive. 200+
Exotic car owners lined up to run through the canyons of Malibu and PCH for
this fundraiser. Exotic car owners from all over California drove in for
this event. It was the largest single gathering of Super Exotic and Exotic
cars for the purpose of a charitable event. Several multi-million dollar
cars participated together with celebrities and dignitaries.
The all-new BMW i8 Full Review
With its fascinating holistic concept, the BMW i8 brings the vision of a
modern and sustainable sports car to life. The highly-emotional design
immediately makes it clear what qualities the BMW i8 has to offer. Dynamic
proportions show off its acceleration potential even when it's standing
still; and yet it doesn't rely on being a pure-blooded sports car. Its
aesthetics always follow a functional goal: for example, more aerodynamics
for maximum efficiency and absolute performance.
ARCO - 3D Concept Car
My last design, the 3D concept car called ARCO.
Mi último diseño, el prototipo en 3D llamado ARCO.
* If you want pictures of the car, check this folder:
Thanks for all your comments, likes and favourites!!
BMW i8 from Mission Impossible 4
BMW's Manuel Sattig treats Global News consumer reporter Sean O'Shea to a
first-hand look at the auto maker's i8 concept vehicle - the same model
featured in Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol starring Tom Cruise.
BMW i8 - For the pseudo-environmentalist billionaire in every one of us
I was thoroughly underwhelmed by BMW's latest concept on show at the
Auckland Museum today.
It has similar hybrid technology but a lower all-electric range than a
Chevrolet Volt, yet it costs $270,000 USD more.
Or think of it as an all-electric Tesla Roadster, but with less range, less
power, less acceleration, less style, less reliability - but with higher
emissions, and at twice the price.
The styling is a personal thing, but I found it too weird to gain
mass-acceptance. Perhaps thankfully, the finished product will look
Still, God only knows what market this car is aimed at. Even so, by 2014
(when this vehicle is ready for production) the competition will have
soared ahead with more practical, long-range all-electric vehicles.
For example, the Tesla Model S is a visual masterpiece with an all electric
range of 300 miles (482 kilometres) - and full-scale production starts in
You'd better think fast BMW.