GM ( Chevrolet or GMC ) 4.3 L V6 Engine Tear Down
This video goes through the teardown process of a GM 4.3L V6. It has been
removed from the vehicle and we take it apart, except for crank and piston
The automobile consist of:
• Fuel System: Purpose is to deliver fuel to the engine. It consists of
the fuel tank, pump, gauge/sensor, filter, pressure regulator and
• Air Intake System: Purpose is to clean and direct outside air into the
engine. It consist of air filter, ducts, air plenum and intake manifold.
• Exhaust System: Purpose is to
direct Exhaust gasses out of
combustion out of engine. It consists of the Exhaust manifold, converters, pipes and
• Cooling System: Purpose is to remove excess heat from the engine. It
consists of water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, cooling fan and
coolant recovery tank. Also the oil system serves as a cooling system as
well as a lubricating system. It consist of oil pump, pan, filter and
1. Clutch: Purpose is to connect the engine and transmission together. It
consists of clutch drive disc, driven disc, release bearing, clutch fork,
cable, slave cylinder, master cylinder. There are three types of clutch
systems: mechanical, cable and hydraulic.
2. Transmission: Purpose is to match engine speed to road speed. Two types
used are manual or automatic. These consist of gears, linkages, cables and
converters for automatics. A manual is connected to the clutch by a
flywheel and automatic by a flexplate.
3. Driveshaft: Purpose is to connect the transmission to the rear axle. It
consists of a slip yoke, shaft and universal joints.
4. Rear axle differential: Purpose is to change the angle of motion from
engine to the wheels. It also divides torque between the wheels. It
consists of a ring and pinion gear, carrier, bearings, crush sleeve and
5. Wheels/Tires: Purpose is to provide traction to the road as well as
carry the weight of the vehicle.
Vehicle Control Systems:
1. Brakes: Purpose is to slow and stop the vehicle. It consists of master
cylinder, brake Booster (vacuum or
hydraulic), calipers, drums, pads and rotors.
2. Steering: Purpose is to direct vehicle in the required direction.
Consists of steering gear (rack & pinion), steering wheel, column,
inner/outer tie rods, pump, reservoir, hoses and pipes.
3. Suspension: Purpose is to provide stability and handling while also
providing comfort to the ride. Consists of shocks, struts, sway bars, end
links, springs, trailing arms and bushings.
1: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC): Heats and cools interior
air to passenger comfort. Also circulates outside and inside air.
• Air Conditioning: Consist of condenser, compressor, accumulator
(receiver/dryer) orifice, expansion valve, hoses, evaporator, controls,
actuators and modules.
• Heating: Consists of heater core, valves, hoses and switches.
1. Power Generation: Creates electrical power to run all the electrical
systems. Consists of the alternator.
2. Power storage: Stores unused power to start the car and supply voltage
to the alternator to create more electricity.
• Both systems consist of wiring, harnesses, fuse, relays and modules
2011 Lexus ISF Nitrous Oxide System Install - Gearhead Garage!
got the Nitrous installed today - see
the install pics here:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/133729-Nitrous-installed-in-the-... i got it from here:
http://www.holley.com/index.asp?division=NOS If you think its dangerous or
unsafe, please read their write up on the myths of NOS. It will be ok,
check out http://www.gearheadcars.com and meet my good friends and
installers!! They mainly do American Muscle but this time they worked on
some Japanese muscle.....these guys do it all! call 916.481.CARS (2277) for
all your OVER THE TOP custom car needs. Visit their youtube channel at
As of the time of this upload, the ISF has alrady been on the Dyno! Video tomorrow. We ended
up running a 100 shot and had significant gains!
Thanks for watching! If you want to see it all installed, check out the
video coming up next as i show the entire process.
Don't forget to check out my website! Join the forum today and be part of
one of the BIGGEST car audio & custom car websites on earth!
http://www.SteveMeadeDesigns.com/board More to come!
Facebook Page here:
First Time Driving a Ferrari California
Wouldn't you love to get behind the wheel of a Ferrari? Today is your
chance to take your first ride and truly experience the Ferrari California.
Hop in the car with Kelly as she takes her first ride and learns how to
navigate the roads of Miami in a Ferrari. Watch as she asks all the
questions and learns about all the different modes, buttons and gadgets.
Imagine Lifestyles luxury rentals has a full fleet of luxury and exotic
rental cars. Please visit our locations in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami
and New York and you too can drive these exotic sports cars for a day, 2
days or even more.
2001 Honda Accord V6
Megan Racing Headers,
Magnaflow Highflow Cat,
Short Ram Air Intake,
Crane Ignition with Dual Stage Rev Limiter,
Acura CL Type S Cam Swap,
KMS Forged Pistons,
KMS Dual Racing Springs,
KMS Titanium Retainers,
KMS Stainless Steel Racing Valves,
KMS Valve Guide seals.