At the 2011 L.A. Boat Show, Tom Veronneau of Livorsi Marine talks about his MEFI-4 and MoTec gateway, a new device that connects to the MEFI-4 or MoTec ECU, takes the engine data and translates it to NEMA 2000 so you can view it on your NEMA-compliant navigation unit.
F1 vs Super Bike vs Power Boat - Fifth Gear
In this classic clip we have three Honda's going head-to-head-to-head to
see which is best. Steve Curtis will be racing in his 225HP Power Boat,
Michael Rutter on his Super Bike and Jenson Button in the F1.
For more fantastic car reviews, shoot-outs and all your favourite Fifth
Gear moments, subscribe to our Official Channel -
5.7L Marine Power VR1 Enpac 325 HP
This complete 5.7L Marine Power MPI engine package is designed to replace
most 1991 and earlier Volvo Penta 5.0L and 5.7L stern-drive engine
applications. This engine package and 100% of the components are brand new
and includes a 2-year factory warranty through Marine Power.
If you have an existing 5.0L or 5.7L Volvo Penta with a 270, 280 or 290
outdrive, this package will work in your boat. This 5.7L MPI engine
includes a 5th generation ECM (MEFI 5 computer) that prevents the engine
from overheating, provides 15%-30% better gas mileage, built-in engine rev
limiter, and added horsepower and torque over
the 5.7L carbureted version.
This engine is is rated at 325hp and is set-up for a Volvo Penta outdrive.
No modifications need to be made to the existing Volvo Penta 270, 280 or
This engine also includes return-less single fuel line hookup for easy
installation. The fuel system is water-cooled to prevent vapor-lock. All
complete 5.7L engines are run, properly timed and tested BEFORE it is
shipped to you.
This 5.7L engine package includes:
- 5.7L Vortec base marine engine (standard rotation)
- Multi-port fuel injection intake manifold
- MEFI 5 ECM computer
- Stainless-steel flexible fuel lines (U.S.C.G. approved)
- Hi and low pressure fuel pumps (U.S.C.G. approved)
- Oil pressure switch, oil sending unit, knock sensor, misc sensors
- Electronic ignition (Electronic distributor w/coil, spark plug wires,
- 12 3/4" flywheel and dampner plate
- Volvo Penta center-rise Exhaust
manifolds and risers
- Electronic fly-by-wire throttle
- Throttle bracket, throttle clip and quick connect ball joint
- 70 amp alternator, bracket, and tensioner (U.S.C.G. approved)
- High torque bottom mount starter (U.S.C.G. approved)
- EFI Engine wire harness with universal 10-pin plug
- Water/fuel separator
- Crank driven seawater pump
- Thermostat housing w/thermostat
- Adjustable engine motor mounts
- Flame arrestor and weather cover
- Dip stick tube, dip stick and EZ oil drain hose
- Corrosion resistant black urethane paint
- ALL pulleys, hoses, belts installed
* MPI diagnostic tool available from Diacom at additional, discounted price
- click here for details.
***Two-year limited warranty ***
BUILT WITH PRIDE IN THE USA BY MARINE POWER.
Unlimited Hydroplane Powerboat APBA Gold Cup
DtRockstar1 records the 2012 Detroit APBA Gold Cup, featuring the Unlimited
Hydroplane boats during qualifying. These boats use turbine engines with up
to 3,000 horsepower. You'll hear the
turbine engines spooling, as well as high speed passes and rooster tail
turns. This video also features my own self composed music.
The song is "Jumping the Wake," composed entirely by me and I own all the
rights to the music.
Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6385qw2
Blog - http://dtrockstar1.blogspot.com/
Twin Turbo Nissan V8 Jet Sprint Boat - Featherston
Graeme Hill's Unlimited Superboat during a qualifying run at the World
Champs in Featherston. The boat is powered by a heavily modified Nissan
VH41 V8, now displacing 6.0 litres and running twin turbos on methanol fuel. The engine is controlled
by a Motec M800 ECU and produces around 1000 hp @ 8 psi Boost. Graeme finished the event with a best
time of 46.30 seconds which was good enough for 6th place.
STM | Speedtech Motorsport Ltd
Performance Vehicle Specialists
Allison XR 2001 River Racer
Testing out the new Livorsi Monster Tach and running the river. Nevermind
the tack info as the pole settings were in the wrong position...duh
DynoJet's CMD at the Los Angeles Boat Show
Carl Chastain of DynoJet Research explains his
company's Combustion Management Device (CMD), which can gain up to 28
percent in fuel economy on the marine 496 and big-block Chevy models by
correcting the air-fuel ratio that the factory ECM puts out.
Singapore Brake Analysis using Motec i2 pro
My Analysis of Singapore using Motec i2 pro(Mainly braking)
Singapore has no shortage of light to medium braking points. So Kers can
pretty much be deployed anywhere, as recharging won't be a problem. Where
the drivers actually use it will be interesting to watch. I suspect drivers
will be using kers more for gain in acceleration than top speed.
I've used various parameters in my analysis
1) A map of the circuit with a small dot indicating the position of the
car. (note the darker colour in the braking zones)
2) Brake pedal position
3) Throttle position(green)
4)Then there is a numeric bar gauge displaying longitudinal & lateral
5) Then there is a red colour graph of brake-pedal position(in %) vs
6) Then there is a green colour graph of throttle pedal position (in%) vs
7) One more graph depicts brake temperature vs time
8)There are 3 gauges displaying the Gear,engine rpm & cornering speed.
9) In addition to the above, I've included a Scatter Plot of Brake
temperature( in Celsius) Vs Engine RPM(in rpm)
10) You can also see the variation of the brake temperature in the numeric
11) A scatter ploy of G-forces Vs Acceleration(in m/s2)
Note:- I've slowed down the simulation by 50% for people to compare the
various parameters simultaneously.
EFI Pontiac 455
Pontiac 455 for 1974 Trans Am project running on the test stand with
homebuilt MEFI 4 fuel injection system. Getting all the bugs worked out to
get it ready for the Dyno. This time I used a
different camera, better audio/worse video. Its idling on its own with the
ISC now though (for the most part), you can hear the cam lope a bit. As
you can see at the end we still have to tweak the droop and recovery
settings. The Ramjet 502 controller were using has a "green mode" that rev
limits the engine to 4k for the first hour thats what your hearing when its