2002 Saab 9-3 SE Hatchback Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tour
In this video I give a full in depth tour of the 2002 Saab 9-3 SE Hatchback. I take viewers on a close look through the interior and exterior of this car while showing details, over viewing of features, and noting unique styling cues to the vehicle itself. I also show the engine and the details of it, start it up and see how it sounds under acceleration. A thorough tour/review of this car designed to give others a greater overall appreciation of the vehicle.
Nordschleife Saab 9-3 Aero onBoard 01.07.2012 -- Lap 3
- Saab 9-3 Aero SC -- 2.8V6 T, everything stock (250BHP)
- Continental SportContact 5 225/45/18 tires (What a crap tire... will never buy Continental again!)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 (Video and audio)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (GPS and OBDII using ALapRecorder application)
- OBDlink MX (OBD data)
- ALapRecorder HD for generating overlay graphs
- 01.07.2012 at 12:43
- 09:49 lap time (my fastest of the 4 during the weekend)
Featured cars (in no particular order):
- Renault Megane RS (right at the beginning, my friend João)
- Mercedes E class
- Subaru Impreza Wagon
- Nissan 200SX
- BMW M5 (Ring Taxi -- right at the beginning)
- BMW series 3
- Renault Megane (2x)
- Mini Cooper S (2x)
- Mazda MX5
- Assortment of Bikes
- This was my 3rd lap ever - also the one where I managed to go faster due to not much traffic.
- Top speed = 205km/h at around 2:17
- At around 7:32 I am trying to get out of the way from a Mazda MX5 that was driving glued to my ass -- that was not the place for him to overtake, but he was pushing it a lot. I went really wrong line into the corner. Do note his driving style after he goes through. A bit... enthusiastic, to say the least! :)
- Loosing time behind the Scooby Wagon towards the end of the video. He didn't much fancy being overtaken... made me waste time on a zone where I could have been flat out. You can listen to me complaining at 9:00 :)
- ...and then failing to notice the slippery track sign at 9:10, which led to a understeer scare at 9:19, doing around 120km/h. Lucky! :)
- Moving out of the way for bike before the mini-Carroussel but he was not having none of it so... I took the line.
If you have video footage of my car, please let me know! :)
Saab 9-3 Review - Kelley Blue Book
FOR PRICING & SPECS ON THIS CAR VISIT:
Saab 9-3. Beyond meatballs and home-assembled furniture, Sweden is also known as the home of Saab cars, a brand that has prided itself on being different. So for those who think Audis and BMWs are all too common on Americas roadways, the Saab 9-3 offers a quirkier sports-luxury alternative.
Welcome to our comprehensive Kelley Blue Book review of the Saab 9-3.
Styling advances at Saab tend to be evolutionary, but take our word for it; in addition to a host of interior and performance upgrades, the exterior of the latest 9-3 has received more than a freshening. And Saab loyalists can take heart that funky details like the signature center-mounted ignition remain on the 9-3. For more new car reviews, interviews and automotive news visit http://www.kbb.com today.
2006 Saab 9-3 Aftermarket GPS Install
I installed a Garmin 1490lmt into my Saab 9-3. There was really no place to mount it on the dash that didn't block the view out of the car or block the Saab Information Display on the dash, so I installed it down in the little storage compartment that would otherwise get filled with junk and change. I think this looks much cleaner than sticking it to the dash.
More Problems With the 2000 Saab 9-3 (Smoking, Test Drive, etc.)
Well many of you have seen all the other videos on this car and seen that we replaced the turbo in it a little while ago. After sitting for an extended period and battling to get it started with a dead battery, when I took it for a drive it started smoking, more and more. Today, 1 day later after I drove it, we started it up and no smoke was to be found. Weird, we'll have to check it out more to make sure everything is right with it. but like I said, today, everything was totally fine so idk if the oil/gas mixture got screwed up or something from sitting so long with little to no gas in it (had to fill it up before the drive) or what. We shall see I guess! Let me know what you guys think!