This item has been shown 0 times.
- About Us
This sale is for a Vararam Cold Air Intake designed to fit all 08-09 Pontiac G8 GTs and GXPs.
Other models may fit, please contact us before offerding with fitment questions.All Vararam Products have a 100% Money back guarantee through the manufacturer.
They even pay shipping both ways if you aren't happy!
(code name Ram air V) At a glance:
- Produces a real-world 35hp+
- A direct bolt on
- No chopping or cutting on the car
- Unreal throttle response
- Flows 1400-2000CFM+! (Depending on the filter used)
- Reduces 0-60mph by a full ½ second! (As tested 5.2 stock vs 4.7 & 4.65 best with VR system NO TUNING!) With a tune, we saw 4.4 sec but no grip to go faster.
- Reduces ¼ mile ET by 3 tenths and adds +3mph Minimum Guaranteed, or we will take the unit back and pay shipping both ways!
- (NO TUNING) w/ tuning you will go even quicker.
Take the time to look at just a small amount of this systems development. We had over 12 pages of data and reduced it to what you see. This system was designed from day one as a true ram air system. The design is set around the new GM ZETA platform that will also become the new Camaro. (Some history and technical information)
From its inception we set our target numbers as 800hp/500CID and 7000RPM and built the kit from that figure. We also used “Internet Forum Members” as our testers, so they could be involved in the design process from day one. The 1st prototype performances proved to be better than anticipated. We built five more complete development units that incorporated different aerodynamic design elements. We also used general purpose ABS as our heat test- this material is only good to 150 deg F. We had no issues. Production models use Military spec high temp materials good to over 270 deg F. Its 1st performance exceeded the performance of "ALL" of the current kits that were available by reducing 2-3tenths off the 0-60mph time and over 2 mph and 2 tenths more in the ¼ mile, than the rest of the aftermarket could produce! This “Thing”(Our Prototype) was well…to us anyway “A RIG” far from what we could do. We also tested against several “over the radiator” Australian units and one US unit. The VR prototype out performed them all by strong margins ranging from 1-2 tenths more on 0-60mph runs and 1-2mph through the 1/4mile. Some of there units were worse than factory. (We were now set to start our full development program)
We had already beaten the best the rest could offer; now we set out to beat our ourselves. We began by testing multiple scoop designs biased on the airflow we measured from the radiator cavity and were quite surprised to find that if certain angles were not correct pressure was not maintained and our scoop velocity would drop by 70%! This was why so many forum members kept asking what the “BLACK TOWEL” was for? Well to hide the scoop design and its angles of attack, because just like an airplanes wing some angles worked well and others looked pretty but simply did not deliver the velocity needed for actual ram air effect. The RAM EFFECT and the G8 – the nose of the G8 is a funny thing, because although you would think that just putting scoops directly behind the front grills would be ideal this proved to deliver “LESS” flow than the location we used. We tested several versions before taking airflow readings “INSIDE” the radiator cavity and found that by converting the pressure generated from the lower and upper grill assembly we could create more velocity than from a direct front mount scoop. Flow bench data- here again at VR we “KNOW EXACTLY” what works and what does not! We measured flow thought every popular kit not through the kit itself, because that is meaningless garbage! All that matters to you is flow through the intake system that is delivered directly into the cylinder head! "IF IT DOESN’T SHOW UP HERE, IT DOESN’T SHOW ANYWHERE!” unless of coarse someone is playing games on a DYNO! FLOWBENCHES DON’T LIE, DYNO’s and PEOPLE DO! (CHARTS HERE AND PICS OF UNITS ON THE BENCH)
This was a more production type unit, only missing the finale tweaks (and maybe +4 hp more) than the production unit would have. The result well…How about 102Kilopascals@only 48mph! (101 is an atmosphere) as DATA logged by EFI Live. It also delivered stronger 0-60mph numbers 4.6-4.7 seconds with a severe traction problems using the AUTO trans car. (Original prototype mule was a 4.85 best in better weather, than what we were currently testing) Here again its not about peak “BOOST” or peak flow numbers its about how it makes the car accelerate “UNDER and THROUGH-OUT” the power curve. All modern EFI cars use ram tuned intake manifolds and as such when the plenum of an intake manifold is placed under constant pressure rather than relying on the engines vacuum, the return signal that begins the internal ram tuning effect inside the intake runner never has an opportunity to weaken as it makes its wave cycles. This strengthens your Torque and power under the curve substantially, usually far beyond the peak power number generated from the product. An example would be that on an LS-3 as measured inside a running engines intake runner we measured almost +1.5 PSI. With our intake in place and our intake pressure system functioning we measured + 2.25-2.31 PSI @ 1 atmosphere or 14.696PSI that’s a gain of .75-.81PSI “INSIDE” the runner by simply “KEEPING” the manifold pressurized! On a stock LS-3 that’s about +25hp. Remember this is “INSIDE” the intake manifold RUNNER, NOT the plenum. The plenum has enough volume to deliver the HP/CUI ratio at the set RPM limit from GM however it drops pressure during its cycles as all engines do but when any VR system is in use we always deliver the efficiency needed to produce max power and Torque, by keeping the manifold plenum at 1 atmosphere or we put it in full boost, that is pressure above 1 atmosphere. We are also the only company that offers a performance guarantee with “EVERY” product we sell. It will do what we say it will or we will take it back and pay shipping both ways! For the G8 We contacted forum members to test using multiple streetcars in both stock and modified trim as well as running for max mileage. The results speak for themselves. Once again, VR used the Internet and real G8 enthusiasts to build what you asked for, a product that performs beyond expectation and delivers what is promised. The entire VR staff would like to thank the G8 community for allowing us the opportunity to work together to produce a product that will continue to build on the VR tradition of winning races and setting records for yrs to come.
100% Performance Money Back Guarantee! Payment Policy:
- California residents pay 7.75% sales tax
- Only PayPal is Accepted
- Immediate Payment is required after the Winning offer unless a "Best Offer" is accepted
- Item will be shippedwithin 3business days of receiving full payment
- Shipping within the 48 Contiguous United States included at sale price, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico at an additional charge
- International Shipping Available. You MUST contact me BEFORE offerding for quotes.
- No P.O. Box Delivery
- No APO/FPO Delivery
- Paypal Confirmed Addresses Only
- Items Will be Shipped by UPS Ground, FedEx, or USPS within 3 Business days of receiving full payment.
- Many items ship on the next business day.
- Most items ship within 3 business days
- Inventory changes more frequently than updating sales allows, sometimes items become back-ordered or unavailable to be shipped within 3 business days. When this occurs we will notify you of the change and offer an immediate refund if you do not wish to wait.
- FOR TIME SENSITIVE SHIPMENTS CONTACT US BEFORE offerDING TO CHECK AVAILABILITY.
- Tracking Number will be provided
- This Item is Brand New
- Actual Images of item are shown above
- Returns accepted within 30 days of Receipt, Buyer to pay Return Shipping
- Returns must be authorized first by contacting us, and items must be in NEW and UNOPENED condition to qualify for full refund.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- sale cancellation is required to receive a full refund of the purchase price of the item.
- Returns will be accepted on open UNINSTALLED items, however a 10% restocking fee will apply on all open items
- Any manufacturer defects or Manufacturer Performance claim warranties will be honored
- Products will carry all manufacturer supplied warranties and while Wild Vettes, llc. will assist you in contacting the manufacturer, this in no way guarantees you a replacement product. No additional warranties apply, express or implied.
- Wild Vettes, llc. will not be responsible for any losses, incurred expenses, or costs associated with the installation of these parts for any reason.
- You must contact us first for any returns, manufacturer performance claim warranties, defects, or shipping damages. DO NOT just ship the item back without contacting us first
Wild Vettes, llc and WV Performance a subsidiary of Wild Vettes, llc. were established in 2011 due to the owner's passion for and dissatisfaction with the level of service in the Automotive Aftermarket Industry.
Wild Vettes, llc is also a proud member of SEMA.
We can't promise that we're always going to give you what you want, but we can promise that we are going to do everything possible to ensure you have the best level of service, communication, and support available. We will work with you to come to a mutually amicable agreement. We work hard to try and maintain 100% response so PLEASE contact us FIRST before leaving any negative response.