This item has been shown 1572 times.
Click HERE for more information about this part.
Brand New Supertech Performance1mm OversizeValves, set of 8 Intake and8 Exhaustfor:
94-99 Mazda Miata, MX5 BP DOHC, 90-99 Mazda Protege 1.8L DOHC and 91-96 Ford Escort GTEngines
Intake Valve --MAIVN-1206 (Hi Flo)-- 34.00mm Head Diameter, 5.96mm Stem Diameter, 102.60mm Length
Exhaust Valve --MAEVN-1206 -- 29.00mm HeadDiameter, 5.94mm Stem Diameter, 102.60mm Length
The intake valves are made of Stainless Steel with Supertech's Black Nitride Coating applied.
The exhaust valves are made of Stainless Steel with Supertech's Black Nitride Coating applied.
Supertech Valvetrainhas proven in a variety of motorsports applications from mild 150 horsepower street engines to 1000+ Horsepower race cars. Don't be fooled by lesser quality valvetrain components, stick with Supertech and get the quality you deserve for your project that will fit right the first time and offer superior performance and longevity.
LetIPG Partsbe your one stop shop for all your Supertech Performance Needs !!!!
Supertech valves are made in various materials including Stainless Steel alloys, Nimonic, Inconel, Stellite Titanium, etc. There are different alloys, heat treatments and coatings used for different applications and they are continuously researching and testing new materials and applications.
For intake valves Supertech primarily uses enhanced versions for EV8 (21-4n) and for exhaust valves they mostly use EV16 (21-8N) or EV8-Nb/w for greater strength at higher temperatures. Some applications call for Supertech to harden certain areas such as the tips and or the seats, because of this they often times weld other hard metal alloys for increase durability.
Black Nitride Coating is a hardening treatment that even though it is not as widely used as the chrome plating, it has several benefits and has become more popular for use in the European and Japanese applications.
Benefits of Black Nitride Coating:
- The micro hardness is higher than the stainless steel base material, keeping good ductility beneath the hard nitrided layer (micro hardness is 800HV minimum)
- Surface finish is smoother than with chromed stems, having less friction between the stem and guide.
- Valve seat surface is harder with the nitrated layer, lasting longer with lead free fuels, alcohols, nitro, or other "explosive" mixes. Matches any kind of seats (nodular iron seats, steel powder metal seats, hard aluminum-copper seats or beryllium copper seats).
- Higher rpm engines take full advantage of all the previous features. The higher the engine speed the bigger the power loss due to internal engine friction! The black nitride layer reduces this power loss due to less valve-guide friction.
- The nitrided layer is adhered to the base material at a microscopic level, so it will not "flake" or bake when the valves bend due to impacts with the pistons
- The Black Nitride applies to the whole valve while the chrome coating is only applied to the stem.
- All valves are swirl polished, have stem undercut, a hardened tip and more.
Inconel valves are used for exhaust valves in engines that reach very high temperatures and its use it growing with the application of turbos and superchargers.
Supertech Performance is best known for high performance valves, and valvetrain components. With over 30 years of experience Supertech performance has been providing the racing market with first class parts for every type of racing application. Whether it is Drag Racing, IRL, Rally, Road Racing or any other motorsport for that matter, Supertech Performance has the perfect performance solution for your application.
Please ask any questions you may have. We are always here to help and respond to inquiries in a quick, timely manner. Be sure to check out our other great items, we do combine shipping costs. (one shipping cost based on total package weight)
Shipping Policy: We strive to ship your order in a prompt manner to meet the criteria for shipping time that we specify in the Item information. We offer a variety of shipping options based on what product you are purchasing and your desired time frame for delivery to meet the needs of all of our customers. Shipping charges are non-refundable. We will gladly combine shipping charges to one charged based on the total weight of the package. We proudly ship packages worldwide !!!
Return Policy:We always look to satisfy our customers in whatever needs they may have. Returns are accepted within 14 business days of receiving the product.A15% restocking fee may apply to your return, please contact us for details. Itemsmust be in New condition with Original Packaging intactto bereturned. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
IPG has been 3 years in business but offers 8+ years of market experience. We are proud to bring you fair prices on the top parts available for the automotive performance industry. Working closely with many of the top business names in the industry and located in Orlando, FL we are a full product support facility with the ability to obtain any product that you have in mind. We have the experience and know how to guide you in the right direction for your parts purchases as you build your high performance automobile.Our racing programs offer us the chance to test and use quality products on the market to further develop and ultimately allow us to give real world response on the hottest and most useful products. The parts you see offered for sale are the best of the best. We don't just sell parts to maintain the business, we sell the parts that will help you perform better and WIN !!!
* Some images being used are just for representation purposes and may not reflect the actual product you receive...
...but the product you receive will be specifically for your application as listed in the description *
*Florida residents please add sales tax.*
<!-------------- TEXT/INFO HERE! ----