This item has been shown 0 times.
Click HERE for more information about this part.
WE WILL BEAT ANY PRICE OFFERED TO YOU ON MAGNAFLOW PRODUCTS
MAKE US AN OFFER TODAY
MAGNAFLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTERS
QUALITY - POWER - SOUND
CATALYTIC CONVERTER BASICS – DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION
The catalytic converter is a passive after-treatment device designed to reduce engine-out emission levels to meet an acceptable standard. Together with the Oxygen Sensors and other Engine Management components, this Emissions System works to reduce harmful emissions at the tail pipe. The catalytic converter contains two or more ceramic substrates, coated with a combination of Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium and a Ceria based wash coat, packed into a stainless steel housing. When placed in the right environment of heat (400°C) and proper air/fuel mixture the catalyst forces a chemical reaction reducing toxic gasses to less harmful ones.
MAGNAFLOW CATALYTIC CONVERTER QUALITY
Compare MagnaFlow's catalytic converters with any other manufacturer and you’ll see why MagnaFlow has become a leader in the manufacturing of exhaust components. Others may employ one or two of the following features, but only MagnaFlow puts them all together to create a catalytic converter that exceeds basic need and function. MagnaFlow’s years of research and development have resulted in many unique features that are exclusive to MagnaFlow. MagnaFlow combines efficient manufacturing techniques and state-of-the-art industrial design to produce an end process and product that sets, rather than meets, the highest standards of product performance and efficiency in the industry.
1. MagnaFlow converters have a ribbed body that minimizes expansion and distortion when the converter heats up. The ribs form a channel that protects the cushioning mat from direct exposure to exhaust gasses and they hold the ceramic catalyst in proper alignment.
2. MagnaFlow converters have a 1/2” lap-joint where the necks meet the body. The neck does not extend into the converter body where it could hamper exhaust flow. This is the strongest and smoothest flowing inlet/outlet joint of any manufacturer.
3. MagnaFlow maintains separate dies on different sized inlets. MagnaFlow doesn’t skimp by putting larger neck sizes on smaller bodies. This would reduce the flow of the converter and reduce the quality of our product.
4. MagnaFlow uses a monolithic honeycomb catalyst. The ceramic is designed for maximum flow and surface area. The coating method is strictly controlled to maintain exact specifications. An improper coating could result in flow restrictions or an emission test failure.
5. MagnaFlow uses a heavier gauge stainless steel, tip to tip. Others use mixed weights and materials.
6. MagnaFlow converters are seam welded close to the converter body for a strong, tight bond. MagnaFlow doesn’t weld along the edge which could allow the converter to expand like the folds in an accordion, allowing the catalyst to move around.
7. MagnaFlow installs a factory capped, 90 degree air tube on “with air” converters. This saves time during installation. There is no need for additional labour to weld on an air tube or to create a bend when only an air tube stub is provided.
8. MagnaFlow uses an aluminized or stainless OEM-style ribbed heat shield that creates a rigid wall of protection against heat and adds to the structural stability of the converter.
Clean Parts - MagnaFlow de-greases and washes all fabricated components after assembly. The new converter is clean of metal dust and fragments. Every converter comes out of the box clean. This is almost an exclusive feature of MagnaFlow.
*** All of our parts are BRAND NEW and NOT USED!! ***
- Paypal is accepted
- Payment is required within 3 business days
- Item will be shipped within 1 business day of receiving full payment
- Backorders can happen and it is sometimes beyond our control. If a backorder occurs you will be contacted within 1 business day with an ETA and an additional discount for your patience
- We will only ship within the United States excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico
- We cover all shipping costs, saving you even more money
- Most items will be shipped via FedEx within 1 business day of receiving payment
- A tracking number will be emailed to you within 2 business days after the item has been shipped. If you do not receive your tracking number within 2 business days please contact us for it
- All items that we sell are brand new and NOT used
- A 15% restocking fee will apply to any products that are returned to us and must be not be used and must come in original packaging
- Only authorized returns will be accepted
- Parts that have been installed or altered are non-returnable
- Buyer is to pay for any costs incurred to ship the product back to us
- Returns will be accepted within14 days of customer receiving their order
Similar 1/4 mile timeslips to browse:
1986 Jeep Cherokee Laredo: 8.961 @ 152.970
Martin Blair, Engine: 440- .030 = 499 ci, Tires: 15x18.5 Hoiser quick time pros
1985 Jeep Cherokee : 12.509 @ 105.890
Linh Do, Engine: 350, Tires: 28 X 12.5 M/T
1995 Jeep Cherokee XJ-R: 12.989 @ 100.020
Greg Stewart, Engine: 4.0L w/ 243k miles, Turbos: 50 trim T3/T4
1998 Jeep Cherokee : 13.230 @ 100.000
Starlin Evans jr (Lee), Engine: 4.0,
1989 Jeep Cherokee xj limited: 14.589 @ 94.200
glenn wall, Engine: 4.0l inline 6 bored to 4.5, Supercharger: no Turbos: no Tires: nitto drag radials
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo: 14.630 @ 94.400
Dino Savva, Engine: 4.6L Stroker, 0 0 Tires: 225/70R15H
1994 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 straight 6: 14.731 @ 91.190
russ s, Engine: i-6, Supercharger: no Turbos: no Tires: skinnys up frt m/t ET streets
1992 Jeep Cherokee sport: 14.924 @ 93.000
Joey Houser, Engine: 4.0L IL 6, Tires: Arizonian
1989 Jeep Cherokee limited 4x4: 14.930 @ 95.600
glenn wall, Engine: straight 6 bored to 4.5L,
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport : 15.020 @ 91.000
Gabriel Rivera, Engine: 4.0L inline 6,
1994 Jeep Cherokee Country: 15.210 @ 89.600
1994 Jeep Cherokee SE: 15.300 @ 87.249
Lee Green, Engine: 4.0L HO I6, Tires: all terrain radials
1993 Jeep Cherokee : 15.809 @ 89.440
Josh, Engine: 4.0 inline six, Tires: 31
2000 Jeep Cherokee SE 4x4: 15.869 @ 87.539
Austin, Engine: 4.0 I6, Supercharger: n/a Turbos: n/a Tires: Bridgestone A/T Revo's 225/75
1993 Jeep Cherokee sport: 15.970 @ 93.000
Jason, Engine: 4.0, Tires: 235/75/15
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 HO: 16.330 @ 83.150
Chaz, Engine: 4.0 High Output, Supercharger: N/A Turbos: N/A Tires: 31
1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport: 16.340 @ 82.450
Kaleb Kloppe, Engine: Internally stock, Tires: 245/45/Sumitomo HRT-Z II
1994 Jeep Cherokee 2 Door: 16.384 @ 81.550
Greg Stewart, Engine: 4.0, Tires: 235/75R15
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 High Output: 16.459 @ 91.270
Joey T, Engine: 4.0 High Output Straight 6, Supercharger: No Turbos: No Tires: BF Goodrich
1997 Jeep Cherokee : 16.475 @ 82.160
Lance, Engine: 4.0, Tires: 235/75 15