This item has been shown times.
Click HERE for more information about this part.
FORD # XF2Z-9E498-DD
*NEW FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR VACUUM HOSE
*This is a fix for the DTCS trouble codes P0171/P0174 for the Ford Windstar 1999-2001. See Article No. 03-16-1 below.
PACKAGED IN THE FORD BAG
CONNECTOR ASSY- EMIS
^ DRIVEABILITY - DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES
(DTCS) P0171/P0174 STORED IN MEMORY -
VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 3.8L ENGINE
^ MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) - MIL
ILLUMINATED WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE
CODES (DTCS) P0171/P0174 STORED IN
MEMORY - VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 3.8L
This TSB supersedes articles 03-4-7 and 00-21-8.
Some vehicles may exhibit a check engine light on and lean Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) P0171/P0174 (system too lean bank 1 or 2) stored in memory.
Do not replace PCM (Powertrain Control Module), MAF (Mass Air Flow), or HEGOs (Heated Oxygen Sensors), as these parts are not the root cause of the lean codes conditions described. Refer to following Service Procedure for details.
These conditions may be caused by a loose fitting on the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line on the intake manifold end and/or leaking isolator bolts/port gaskets in the lower to upper intake manifold mounting area. This condition is sometimes intermittent and may not be apparent on a warmed-up engine.
If the vacuum line from the intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator is loose at the manifold (due to oil contamination), replace the vacuum line (9E498) and install a new design LH service valve cover (6582). Another vacuum leak source is the gasket (9H486) between the upper and lower intake manifold assemblies caused by a loss of tension at the isolator bolt assemblies (9S479) due to contamination of the rubber grommets from excessive oil pullover.
1. Perform self test, if codes P0171, P0174 are the only codes stored in the PCM then continue with this article. For any other codes, follow the normal diagnostic procedures found in the PC/ED Manual. 2. (ALL 1999-2003). Reprogram the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) with the latest calibration, WDS B26.2 release or later. Do not replace the PCM. Reset the keep alive memory.
3. (1999-2001 ONLY). Inspect the vacuum line from the intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator for looseness, leaks and/or oil contamination and replace Vacuum Line (XF2Z-9E498-DD) if required.
4. (1999-2000 ONLY). Inspect the LH Valve Cover, it should be a (3F2Z-6582-BA) Install a new LH Valve Cover if required, refer to Workshop Manual Section 303-01 Valve Cover-LH. (Refer to the following NOTE for description of the old style valve cover). NOTE USING A SHOP LIGHT OR FLASHLIGHT, CHECK THE LH VALVE COVER TO SEE IF IT HAS ALREADY BEEN UPDATED TO THE LATEST LEVEL. REMOVE THE PCV VALVE AND RUBBER GROMMET FROM THE VALVE COVER AND LOOK THROUGH THE HOLE AT THE INTERNAL SHEET METAL BAFFLE. THE OLD STYLE VALVE COVER BAFFLE HAS A 3/16" DIAMETER HOLE IN THE 5:00 O'CLOCK POSITION AS YOU LOOK THROUGH THE PCV HOLE (FIGURE 1). VALVE COVERS FITTING THIS DESCRIPTION MUST BE REPLACED.
5. (ALL 1999-2003). Remove the upper intake and replace only port gaskets (9H486) and isolator bolt assemblies (9S479). The new isolator bolt assemblies use a rubber material that is green in color, do not use the old isolator bolt assemblies with the black rubber material (XF2Z-AA). Do not replace any other intake parts (black plastic or aluminum) or the lower intake gaskets, (9439 and 9A424/425) or the upper intake clamshell gasket (9461). Refer to Workshop Manual Section 303-01, Intake Manifold-Upper.
6. (ALL 1999-2003). While the upper intake manifold is removed, check the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) orifices that are pressed into each primary port of the lower intake manifold. If any of the orifices are plugged with soot, clean and unplug them with a pick and solvent.
CAUTION DO NOT USE SMOKE DETECTION, PROPANE GAS, OR CARB CLEANER TO TEST FOR VACUUM LEAKS. (CARB OR BRAKE CLEANER MAY CAUSE INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL (IMRC) BEARING FAILURE). SOME LEAKAGE FROM THE IDLE AIR CONTROL (IAC) OR EGR VALVE AND IMRC SEALS IS NORMAL. DO NOT REPLACE THESE PARTS, ESPECIALLY THE LOWER ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLD.
NOTE THIS CONDITION COULD ALSO BE DUE TO WARM AMBIENT TEMPERATURES AND THE USE OF WINTER GRADE FUELS WHICH HAVE VERY HIGH VOLATILITY AND MAY BOIL IN THE FUEL LINES (VAPOR LOCK) DURING A SHORT HOT SOAK. OXYGENATED FUELS WILL AGGRAVATE THIS CONDITION. IF NON-OXYGENATED FUEL IS NOT AVAILABLE, USE MID/HIGH OCTANE FUELS WHICH HAVE LOWER VOLATILITY AND MAY HELP ALLEVIATE THE CONDITION.
SHIPPING BY USPS PRIORITY OR EXPRESS MAIL ONLY.
PAYMENT TO BE RECEIVED AND CLEARED BEFORE SHIPPING.
Return Policy: We do our best to list products as accurately as possible, however the information may not always be 100% accurate. As the buyer, it is your responsibility to verify that the product you are buying fits your need. We strive to provide excellent customer service and we will do everything possible to correct any problems and answer all of your questions, but we cannot be responsible for potential buyers not verifying their application. All items must be returned within 10 days of sale, and be in the same condition and original packaging as when shipped from us. There is a 40% restocking fee applicable to all returned items due to customer application errors. We suggest all items be insured for full retail value when returning to us. Buyers are responsible for all shipping costs.
Similar 1/4 mile timeslips to browse:
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Turbo: 8.951 @ 156.990
Harrison, Engine: 6.1L HEMI, Turbos: Precision ProMod 94mm Tires: M&H
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Stage6 Turbo Kit: 9.470 @ 149.000
1BAMFR, Engine: 413, Supercharger: Stage6 88mm Turbo Kit
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Vortech YSI: 9.494 @ 142.150
BJB, Engine: LPM 426, Supercharger: Vortech YSI
2006 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Twin Turbo 5 speed: 9.659 @ 146.720
Chris, Engine: 426, Turbos: TT 60's
2008 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 : 9.870 @ 138.000
TOMMY , Engine: 6.1 LPM forged, Turbos: PRECISION 76 mm
2010 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 SUPERCHARGER: 10.480 @ 131.450
E.K, Engine: 7.0L STROKER, Supercharger: MAGNACHARGER Tires: NITTO 555R
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 : 10.699 @ 126.200
Kent Altman, Engine: 6.1 Hem i- Forged, Supercharger: Vortech V-3 Tires: 315/35/20 Nitto NT-05R
2010 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 : 10.807 @ 126.770
wink, Engine: BES 6.1 Hemi Pro Series, Supercharger: Vortech V2 Ti (jackshaft driven) Tires: Nitto NT05R
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Supercharged: 10.885 @ 126.380
Captain Terror, Engine: 7.0 L 426 Hemi, Supercharger: Techco 3L Twin Screw Tires: Nitto NT05r 315/275
2008 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 426 ci Whipple Twin Screw: 10.910 @ 124.300
Jeff (jdoc7), Engine: 426, Supercharger: Whipple 2.4L Twin Screw Tires: Nitto NT05 front, Nitto NT05R rear
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Stock 6.1L / T-Trim V2 Vortech: 10.936 @ 121.960
m4xm1l10n, Engine: Stock 6.1L HEMI, Supercharger: Vortech V2 T-trim Tires: 315/35/20 NT05R
2008 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 : 10.960 @ 123.810
Dan, Engine: 7.0L, Turbos: NCTS rear mount T-4 Tires: Nitto Motive
2008 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 : 11.050 @ 122.780
YoungMedic23, Engine: 7.0L, Supercharger: Vortech V2 T-trim Tires: Nitto NT05
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Arrington 440: 11.199 @ 121.190
Christian Hull, Engine: Arrington 440 hemi, Tires: Michey Thompson ET Street II
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Vortech Supercharger Kit: 11.239 @ 120.160
SAnderson, Engine: 6.1 hemi, Supercharger: Vortech V-3 kit Tires: Bridgestone Dueler (315/275)
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Vortech Supercharger: 11.249 @ 119.900
Jake Kawecki, Engine: 6.1 Hemi, Supercharger: Vortech Tires: 275/315 Toyo STII
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 Nitrous: 11.370 @ 119.340
Chuck, Engine: manual fan mod,
2007 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 426 NA: 11.441 @ 114.530
Luis (lchevere), Engine: 426 Hemi NA, Tires: Vred Street Tires
2008 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 : 11.442 @ 119.000
Brian Auten, Engine: Stock Longblock (6.1), Supercharger: D1SC Tires: Nitto Motivo's
2008 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 : 11.510 @ 117.730
Georges Younan, Engine: 6.1 stock, Supercharger: Vortech V3 Tires: Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial