This item has been shown 0 times.
Hello, this sale is for a completely rebuilt pair of cylinder heads for a small block Mopar engine. Casting number is 3418915 and they have the large letter J cast beside the spark plugs. Date codes are 0112 and 0272, cast January 11 and 27th of 1972.These will fit all 340 and 360 based engines. They have been completely rebuilt, upgraded and are ready to run. The work done to the heads are as follows:
1. Heads have been hot tanked and magnafluxed, they have no cracks, repair or damage.
2. All 16 valve guides were replaced with thick wall cast iron inserts.8 hardened exhaust seats for unleaded fuel were installed as well.
3. Both heads were resurfaced, .005 was removed from each to true the sealing surface
4. Heads have had a stang 1 "Pocket Port" done on the intake and exhaust. Valve seats were 3 angle reground. The valve size is 2.02x1.60 standard 340
5. New SI industries stainless steel swril polished valves were installed along with new Elgin industries 340 single with dampner valve springs.
6. When assembled installed valve stem height was set to factory specifications. Most machine shops skip this step and it is very important if you are going to run factory non-adjustable rocker arms.
This is a very nice pair of heads for any small block Mopar build. J and X castings are the best heads Chrysler corperation ever made for these engines. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail. Thanks for looking and happy offerding.