This item has been shown 0 times.
Performance: 6.4 / 7.0
Value: 6.8 / 7.0:
6.3 / 7.0
Love the way it fits the roll bars and integrates nicely into the natural design of the vehicle. I really don’t like how many of the windscreens extend back over the rear of the vehicle or don’t come up high enough to block the wind well. This one avoids both and makes my 50 mile commute much more enjoyable. I plan on using it for a very long time.
Wow, I am surprised the warranty is lifetime, but it just goes to show how much they back up their product. I have used Windblox before, but I never noticed that the warranty was for so long. I’m disappointed I sold my last vehicle, but both windscreens I have owned from them have always delivered consistent wind breakage to about 40 degrees outside. They really know how to style their windscreens, too.
Very economically priced for this economy. I wasn’t about to pay $400 for a windscreen, so I looked around and found out these guys had the best reviews. Heck, for $100, I would buy two! Tinting options were very nice and really helps with the sun in the back of you. It’s like sunglasses, only doesn't impede your vision as much.
1) Lifetime Warranty. Only Windblox Convertible Windscreens warrantee for life against buffs and abrasions.
2) 30 Day Trial Period + Free Shipping Back. Try the windscreen out for a full month. If you're less than fully satisfied, simply return the windscreen at no additional cost to you. For American addresses, we even pay for the shipping back.
3) Highest Rating. Convertible Windscreen owners like you have already tested this windscreen, and rated this windscreen the bestone. For complete ratings, go to: windscreenreview.net
- No Wind. Windblox Convertible Windscreen significantly reduces turbulence in the cockpit.
- No Glare. Windscreen does not emit glare, preventing dangerous driving conditions.
- No Noise. Windblox Convertible Windscreen preserves an audibly pleasant cockpit.
Windscreen Before and After:
Driving at 30 MPH (50 Km/H) with no windscreen in place:
Driving at 65 MPH (105 Km/H) with no windscreen in place:
Driving at 30 MPH (50 Km/H) with windscreen in place:
Driving at 65 MPH (100 Km/H) with windscreen in place:
The 110% Low Price Guarantee. Should you find a lower price on a new Windblox convertible windscreen, for up to 30 days after your purchase, Windblox will refund 110% of the difference.
The absolute best trial policy in the business. If, for some rare reason, you are anyway less than pleased with our windscreen, you can return it for refund within 30 days. For US addresses, we even pay for shipping back.Got a question? Read the FAQ first. We've probably already answered you question. In a quick 60 second read, you can get your answer immediately. If your question is not answered, send us an email, which we check several times per day, even on most weekends and holidays.
Gift Tip: A cleaning cloth makes a nice little
extra item. It's lowcost, and demonstrates attention to detail.
Need your windscreen by a certain date? If you're purchasing this windblocker for a birthday or holiday, we can work with you to make sure it arrives by your needed date. Go ahead and place your order. Next, send us an email describing the date your need your wind deflector by. We will then provide expatiated shipping options at the lowest cost.
To Tint or Not To Tint? Debating if you should get a tinted windscreen? Make your decision on aesthetic factors. What color do you think would look best on your car? If you're unsure, go with clear, or no tint. This is the safe choice. If you're tempted by a tint, then consider the smoke tint, our top seller. This tint enhances most car colors, looks snazzy, adds privacy to the cockpit, and cut down headlight glare during nighttime diving.
How Long Do Windblox Windscreens Last? As long as you're mindful with the handling, avoiding dropping it and careless gouges, your wind deflector should last the lifetime of your car.
Unique Attention to Detail:
- 5,000 watt laser cuter uniquely leaves all edges smooth and polished. Nobody else cuts windscreens like this.
- Shape and outline is balanced to the profile of your car for best performance.
- Attachment system engineered for tightest grip, hugging windblocker against car for zero movement.
Shipping USA and Canada: by UPS ground, about 2-5 business days Overseas: By postal airmail, about 6-10 business days. Need it faster? If you need the windscreen quicker, or by a certain date, then let us know. In most cases, we can accommodate express shipments.
"We'd call our product The Wife Pleaser, but people would get the wrong impression"
Our customers include:- One NASCAR driver
- Customers in over 60 countries, including Turkey, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, and Russia.
- One retired Navy admiral.
- Civil and mechanical engineers employed by Ford, Volvo, and Mazda.
- And finally, many wives who wouldn't ride in the car with the top-down, unless a Windblox Convertible Windscreen is in place.
Note this sale is for the clear, acrylic windscreen. Additional options cost more. The preview pic shows the smoke tint (+$10) with rubber edge (+$25) version. Roll your mouse over each picture to view enlarge.
A customer provided these pictures
15 Windblox AdvantagesCompress Advantages
#1 - Lifetime Warranty #2 - No Squeaks or Rattles #3 - Easy Installation
Windblox is the only manufacture warranting against buffs and abrasions. Your windscreen will be clear for the lifetime of your automobile.
Windblox windscreens are securely held in place, with no movement between the windscreen and your car. This prevents annoying high pitch squeaks and rattles when driving with your windscreen
This windscreen is most simple to install. A 12-year old niece of a staffer installs these windscreens in two minutes. #4 - Does Not Induce Abrasion Against Your Car #5 - Reduces Glare #6 - Does Not Yellow from Sun Exposure Windblox windscreens do not rub against your car, preventing ongoing abrasion and wear.
This is a picture from a customer's car. She purchased a windscreen from a different vendor. After eight months continually mounted on her car, the poor fit caused accumulated wear against the roll hoops. Here's a photo through a Windblox windscreen, viewing another car's headlights. A customer took this picture through another's vendor's windscreen. The glare really came through and was too much for him, so he upgrade this windscreen for Windblox
At one point, this material was clear. A customer who purchased this windscreen from another vendor traded in this particular windscreen. The customer lives in Texas, and had this windscreen mounted on his car for four years, before it became unusable. Windblox windscreens are guaranteed not to yellow from intense sun exposure. #7 - Made For Speed #8 - Utilitizes Green Processes #9 - Laser Fabrication
Windblox windscreens are rated for 150 MPH (250 KM/hr). Windblox windscreen will take you as fast as you have the nerves to drive your car.
All cast-off material is recycled. Base material incorporates soybean based oils instead of all petroleum, increasing use of renewable materials.
All Windblox windscreens are cut on a 5,000 watt laser (normal power for this process is 100 watts), providing exceptionally clear cuts. #10 - Which is Which? #11 - 15 Year Scratch Resistant Rating
One of these windscreens is brand new; the other is eight years old. The old screen was borrowed from a first customer, sold back in November of 1999 for a BMW Z3. The used windscreen has been in active use since. The customer estimate he drives top-down 140 days per year. He leaves the windscreen in the car about ten months a year, taking it out and storing it during the raining months of December and January. Can you tell which windscreen has a thousand days top-down use and 3000+ days mounted in the car, and which windscreen is brand new? (Picture taken March 2008)
15 YearsWindblox windscreens are constructed from materials providing a 15 year scratch and mar resistant rating. Against daily and constant use, your windscreen remains clear throughout its life. For most customers, their Windblox windscreen outlasts their car. #12 - Edging Cut The Right Way To Cut #13 - Material: Does Not Fracture From Ongoing Stresses #1) A customer traded in this particular windscreen, purchased from another vendor. This windscreen was fabricated upon a shop table router. The cut and workmanship is inconsistent, with nicks and gouges. #2) This windscreen was cut upon double sided AR Polycarbonate acrylic, using a CNC router. While the cut is smooth, the machinery marks are prominent. #3) Windblox's windscreens are cut using a five thousand watt laser, ensuring a crystal clear cut with a polished finish.
A customer experienced this fracturing with a windscreen purchased from another vendor. From the continual movement placing pressure upon the windscreen, combined with inferior material, micro-stress cracks emerged. These cracks grew over time, until the windscreen itself became unstable.
This picture is a close-up from of a slot from a customer's BMW Z3 windscreen, continually mounted on his car since November 2002. Since Windblox uses the best available material, it wears well over time, remaining crisp and clear. (Photo taken June 2009.) #14 - Anti Wobble #15 - Stronger Material
No wobble. Windblox windblockers remain secure when in use. The windscreen does not wobble or vibration when, even at high speeds. Comparing the strength of Windblox's material, three patio bricks are placed across a 36 inch span upon materials used by other manufactures: #1) This is a sheet of ordinary 1/4 inch (635 mm) acrylic. The deflection bottoms out, more than three inches (7.6 cm). This is the material used by other vendors. #2) This is a sheet of 3/8 inch (953 mm) of polycarbonate acrylic. Despite being thicker than Windblox, it still deflects 50% more; the deflection is just over 1.5 inches (3.8 cm). #3) Windblox's material, 1/4 inch thick, deflects less than 7/8 inch (2.2 cm) under the same weight.
Benefits: Features: - Prevents unrelenting wind buffeting and driver fatigue. Fulfills the purpose of your convertible, of enjoying the sun while driving about, without getting beat-up by the backwash of wind. - Windblocker remains in place with top-up. Do not need to take off & on. Can be used in any degree of weather; material rated for -30 degrees to 125 degrees (-35 to 52 degrees Celsius. - Talk clearly on your cell phone. - Large surface area blocks significant turbulence; excellent performance. - Arrive with your hair in place and free of tangles, especially long hair. Wives are the biggest fans of my products. - Constructed of high scratch/buff resistant material with gloss finish. Your windblocker will continue to look like-new many years after regular service. We have customers who've been using my windblocker over seven years in their car, and their windblocker still looks great. - Light weight. Very easy to maneuver. - Constructed of cast material for extra rigidity, better performance, and lasting life. (Lesser material vibrates and flexes from the turbulence, causing annoying side effects and abrasion against the roll hoops.) - Best for long term wear. This windblocker will continue to look like new after many years of active service. - Tough fasteners. Customers drive at three digits speeds for hours across Montana with my windblocker in place. - Extend the season. Able to go top-down on crisp winter mornings and cool summer nights. - Mounts slightly tilted preventing night time glare. - Wives are the number one fan of this product. - Off-and-on in seconds, simplest of installations. - Clear, no visual impedance, especially at dusk. - Environmentally Friendly. The material uses polymeric compositions, which means less petroleum is used in the production and manufacturing, providing a higher quality. - Carry on conversations with your passenger without straining your voice. - Precision. Windscreen is even, square, symmetrical, and balanced. - A much quieter cockpit. You'll be able to hear yourself think again. - Clear, no visual impedance, especially at dusk. - Enjoy the full richness and clarity of your stereo. - No permanent modifications for the attachment system; windblocker installs with no changes to the cockpit whatsoever. No drilling, glues, or adhesives to permanently mar your car. - Take long trips comfortably. - Scratch Resistant. Made from premium double sided AR Polycarbonate, the best available material in the marketplace for this application. This material carries a 15 year rating to look as new as the day you purchased it. It is scratch and buff resistant, and resists impacts. - Cruise at night without freezing from cold drafts. - Smudge Resistant. This material for this windscreen resists smudges from hand and fingerprints, so your windscreen remains looking crystal clear even when handled. This windscreen requires less cleaning and polishing. - Cleans easily with soap and water. - Easy no tool installation.
Additional InformationCompress Additional Information
Continental United States: $18 via UPS Ground
Canada / Alaska / Hawaii: $24 via UPS Ground
England / Ireland: $40 via Postal Airmail or $138 via UPS International.
Germany: $42 via Postal Airmailor $139 via UPS International.
Other European Union nations: $46 via Postal Airmail or $141 via UPS International.
Japan / Korea: $42 via Postal Airmailor $158 via UPS International.
Australia / New Zealand: $48 via Postal Airmailor $152 via UPS International.
Mexico:$42 via Postal Airmailor $148 via UPS International.
Elsewhere in the word: Ask for rates beforehand. We do ship all over the world.
Note: Postal Airmail takes about 8-12 business days, and is not trackable. UPS International takes about 4-6 business days, and is trackable door-to-door.
1) Can you leave the windscreen in place while raising and lowering the top? Yes, you can. Many customers simply leave the windscreen mounted on their car most of the year.
2) Does the bottom of the windscreen rub against the car? No, the fastening lifts the windscreen up off the bottom to eliminate bottom-side wear, and is cushioned against the car to preventing abrasion.
3) Could the wind deflector chatter when in use? No, the fastening system holds the windscreen very secure to the car. This windscreen is tested to 150 MPH.
4) Is this difficult to install? Definitely not. Elementary age children install these windscreens.
5) What is the difference between acrylic and lexan? Acrylic is about 18x stronger than glass; Lexan is about 61x stronger.
6) Doesn't acrylic or lexan yellow in sunlight? Some manufactures with less quality might, but not Windblox.
7) Could the windblocker induce any sort of wear? Never. Since the windscreen is secure in place, there is no movement between the windscreen and the car, so there is no wear.
8) How long does this wind restrictor last? With regular care and handling, your windscreen will last the lifetime of your car.
9) Is the tint an overlay film? No, the tint is infused in the material, which resists scratches and abrasions.
10) Should I get a tint? Tinting is a color preference, so it really depends your individual taste; however, the smoke tint is our favorite, and what we use.
11) Does the tint inhibit rear view vision? No - it's like looking through sunglasses.
12) Does the windstop cause glare at night? No. First, the windscreen is made of a specialty glare resistant material. Second, the windscreen mounts at a slight angle, to further cut glare.
13) Does this windscreen interfere with the boot cover? No, it does not.Notes: Guarantee: 30 day refund period on unit cost if not satisfied.
Free Shipping Back: If for some rare reason you are not satisfied with this windblocker, then we will pay the shipping back from US addresses for the product refund within the 30 day period. We will do so as happily as when we processed your initial order.
Base Cost: The base cost is for a reinforced acrylic windblocker, nylon straps, no tint, and no satchel.
Terms:We take payment via PayPal, Credit Cards, and Checks. Washington State residents add 10.0% sales tax.
Thickness: This windscreen is constructed of 1/4 thick material.
Specifying Options: When ordering, need to know: Acrylic (+$0) or Lexan (+$15)? Nylon straps (+$0) or clear straps (+$10)? Glass edge (+$15)? Cloth satchel (+$20) or vinyl satchel (+$28)? No tint (+$0), smoke or bronze tint (+$10), or blue, red, yellow, or orange tint (+$15) Cleaning cloth (+$5)
Confused on Total Price? Go ahead and make your purchase, and then let us know which options you want. We will then create a paypal invoice for the proper amount.
Your Problem Solved
- Installs without tools.
- Staffer's 12 year old niece installs these in two minutes.
- Raise and lower the top with the windscreen remaining in place.Technician Wants to Proof Product Design
- Largest coverage area in its product class for maximum protection.
- Strongest material; does not warble.
- Engineered design to block maximum turbulence.Sports Car Enthusiast Searching for the Best
- Rated for 150 MPH.
- Does not rattle around; windscreen remains in place.
- No flexing or bowing; does not induce wear against the car.Wife will not go with Top Down - Hair does not whip around.
- Arrive at your destination without feeling beat up.
- Converse with each other without strain.
Lexan ◊ Straps ◊ Glass Edge ◊ Tints ◊ Satchels ◊ Cleaning Cloth ◊ Rubber Edge
Lexan Upgrade: +$15
Invisible Straps: +$10
Examples of Lexan applications
This option is for 1/4 inch abrasion resistant Lexan material. This material is a virtually indestructible material suitable for high impact applications, such as bullet resistant windows, boat windshields, lightweight bicycle gear sprockets, etc. This is abrasion resistant lexan, with a 10 year manufacture's warranty, and does not yellow with sun exposure. Paradoxically, lexan is actually a soft material, so this AR Polycarbonate is specially formulated lexan designed to resist minor scruffs, wear, and constant exposure to the elements.
Picture of clear strap. It's a little difficult to see, of course, since it's clear.
Close-up of clear strap with the Velcro tab on the end.
Close-up of black strap
Comparing black strap to clear strap
• The clear vinyl is thick, tough and pliable; will not weaken or become brittle or yellow with age. This is the same material used on garden sheds, boat windows, golf carts, and other abusive-prone environments.
• These clear straps makes your windblocker look invisible.
• Straps threaded with touch nylon thread.
• All straps are two inches wide. Standard straps are black, of nylon webbing. The invisible straps of of clear vinyl.
• Strong material. Each straps by itself is rated to carry the pressure of the windblocker, so having multiple straps is over-engineering.
Glass Edge: +$15
Looks like glass. This option give the windscreen edge the look of glass, of a dim green glow. This tint is visible when viewed from the edge, and not within the main body surface. Note: this option is available only with clear acrylic. It is not available with lexan or other tints.
Here is the rubber edge around the perimeter of a BMW Z3 windscreen
A rubber bead protects against dropping and abrasion against your car, attached to the perimeter of the windscreen.
One Step Cleaner/Polish: +$12
• Microfiber cleaning cloth, specifically formulated to clean your windblocker.
• Clean your windblocker in seconds.
• Large, 15 inches by 15 inches (38cm x 38cm)
• No streaking. No need to rub over and over again to attain clarify.
• No scratching. Never worry about scratching any surface.
• No chemicals. Cleans dry, heavy grim just slightly dampen cloth with water.
• Reusable. Machine washy/drying compatible.
• Safe. Not only use on acrylics and lexan, but also glass, wood, fiberglass, metals, etc.
• Anti-static cleaner and polish for plastic, glass, and high sheen surfaces.
• 8 ounce bottle.
• Contains no alcohol and no ammonia.
• Safe to use around children and pets.
Clear: No tint for comparison
- The tints are infused - it is not an overlay material.
- Tints specifically formulate to resist scratching.
- Only the smoke tint is available with lexan.
The smoke tint condensed for photographic purposes. This tint is a hew of gray, more of a neutral color
Smoke tint in use- $10 extra
The bronze tint condensed for photographic purposes. This tint is a hew of red
Bronze tint in use- $10 extra
Red tint in use- $15 extra
Yellow tint in use- $15 extra
Blue tint in use- $15 extra
Orange tint in use- $15 extra
Satchels Optional vinyl storage satchels are $31, cloth satchels are $23. These are quality units made with durable material, nylon threads, and tight stitching. You will not be disappointed. Vinyl: +31 Cloth: +23
Vinyl satchel has a tougher exterior
Cloth satchel is made from a single piece of cloth.
Vinyl satchel has a soft, fleece liner
Note that the cloth style varies, so the cloth windblocker you get may not be the same color/texture as this windblocker shown.
The Definitive Windblocker / Windblox / Windjammer / Windscreen / Windbreaker / Wind Resistor / Wind Restrictor / WindBlock / Wind Screen / Wind Deflector / Wind Deflecter / Wind Resistor / Wind Resister / Wind Baffle / Wind Stop / Wind Block / Wind Jammer for Your BMW Z3