This item has been shown 14 times.
Click HERE for more information about this part.
1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE EXHAUST CATALYTIC CONVERTER 8cyl 4.9L
Series: CATALYTIC CONVERTER
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty
1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE 4.9L
- Engine Notes:
- Additional Notes:
- Wheel Base:
- Wheel Drive:
- Product Dates:
- Emission Info:
- Engine Code:
- Product Info:
Our Catalytic Converters
- Ribbed body that minimizes expansion and distortion when the catalytic converter heats up. The Ribs form a channel that protects the cushioning mat from direct exposure to exhaust gasses, and they hold the ceramic catalyst in proper alignment.
- 1/2" lap-joint where the necks meet the body. The neck does not extend into the converter body where it could hamper exhaust flow.
- Monolithic honeycomb catalyst. The ceramic is designed for maximum flow and surface area. Metallic substrates are also available for specific applications.
- Heavy gauge stainless steel, tip to tip.
- Seam welded close to the converter body for a strong, tight bond.
- Aluminized or stainless OEM-style ribbed heat shield that creates a rigid wall of protection against heat and adds to the structural stability of the catalytic converter.
Catalytic Converter Basics
The purpose of a catalytic converter is to convert toxic chemicals in the exhaust of an internal combustion engine into less toxic substances. Inside a catalytic converter, a catalyst stimulates a chemical reaction in which noxious byproducts of combustion are converted to less toxic substances by way of catalyzed chemical reactions. The specific reactions vary with the type of catalyst installed.
There are two basic types of automotive catalytic converters:
Two-Way Oxidation Converter
Used from 1975 to 1980 on gasoline-powered vehicles. Combined carbon monoxide (CO) and unburned hydrocarbons (HC) to produce carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H20). Two-Way converters are now considered obsolete.
Three-Way Reduction / Oxidation
Also reduces oxides of nitrogen (NOx). Today's most common type of catalytic converter.
At DiscountAutoExperts, we have been in the business of selling automotive accessories for over three decades. Because of this, we have several staff members with over fifteen years of experience each! We can help your with general questions, installation questions, and performance questions and we will respond to your needs usually within 24 hours.
If you are satisfied with our service, then please return the favor by giving us a 5 ????? rating. If you have any problems or are unhappy with our product or customer service, please contact us so that we may attempt to fix the issue. Our priority is your experience with our product, price & customer service.
Your satisfaction is our main concern and we will do whatever it takes to make sure you are happy with your purchase. We can be reached TOLL-FREE at 866-521-1359.
Shipping and handling charges for items are listed in the item description. All of our orders are shipped via FedEx or UPS ground and in most cases arrive in 1-4 business days after leaving our warehouse.
We ONLY ship to the continental 48 states. We do NOT ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or internationally.
We're sorry, but at this time we cannot ship to APO/FPO addresses.
We make every effort to have all products in stock. However, it may be necessary to order products from our supplier. This will result in additional time for shipping. We will notify you within 1 business day if additional shipping time is required.
Our return policy is straight forward and customer friendly. You can feel confident shopping with us - after all, we've been in business over 30 years. Our policy is a common sense approach to doing business. We will take any item back within 30 days of purchase as long as it is within the constraints of the manufacturer's warranty return policy (which we are obligated to honor) and the following conditions are met:
The item must be in original, unused condition and must be returned in the original packaging.
We are unable to accept any item that has been installed and/or damaged. In addition, we cannot accept return items that are not in the original packaging. These are constraints set by product manufacturers and we are obligated to honor their policies on returns. Items returned in poor condition or having parts missing will not be credited.
Return shipping charges must be paid by the customer.
Unless our company or the listing is in error, the customer is responsible for paying return shipping costs.
- FOR RETURNS: A 20% restocking fee, plus the cost of shipping the item to the customer, will be charged on items returned without an exchange.
- FOR EXCHANGES: The customer will be responsible for the shipping and the return shipping costs of the original item(s). As a courtesy to you, the shipping on your replacement item(s) will be Freight Free providing they fall in the parameters of our Freight Free policy.
The item/items must be fully insured.
The customer is responsible for providing shipping insurance that covers the full price of any item(s) being returned.
The customer must obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) from us.
You must contact our store and obtain an RGA prior to returning any products. Be sure the outside of the box has the RGA# clearly posted, along with your name and address.
WARRANTY ITEMS: Our company sells the highest quality products, most of which carry a manufacturers warranty. We will take care of the problem here at our store, or put you in touch with the manufacturer if the situation warrants.