This item has been shown 350 times.
Click HERE for more information about this part.
Up for sale is an early 60's Ford center console. This console came with my 1963 Mercury Comet along with some other extra parts. However, my Comet is a bench seat and I have no need for this console. After doing a little research, I believe that Ford made a couple of types of these consoles for their Falcon, Comet, and Ranchero models for 1960-1963. I believe that this part is for a 1962-63 Falcon and Comet. I know it will work for the Comet. I'm not quite sure about the Ranchero though, but I do think that the console will work in it too.
Now for the condition. When I first got it, it was pretty much broken and hadn't been used in a while. Here's a list of what I did to it.
- repainted all the black lines on top, front, and back chrome pieces, to exactly the same color as what they were originally [pictures 1,2,3]
- made a new catch out of metal (the originals were plastic and since I couldn't find anyI made one that wasn't going to break) [picture 7]
- bought a new, black, inner plastic piece that had been missing [picture 6]
- redid the blue exterior paint on the sides to match the original color of the console (I do know the original color was blue) *it's not to hard to paint it if you want another color* [pictures 4,5]
- shined the chrome as best I could (it was scratched up when I got it) [picture 9]
- replaced the missing and rusted screws with new ones that were the closest match to the originals I could find [pictures 1-7]
There was also one more thing that fixed. On the front and back chrome panels there were originally studs that were used to screw the panels onto the metal body. By the time I got it most had broken off. I ended up drilling holes for screws where the studs had been. I matched the screws to the hinge screws and made sure that the style was kept the same. In the end they are much stronger than the studs ever were, and it looks really good too. [pictures 2,3]
Overall, this is a very nice console that is working and ready to go into your car right away. If you are trying to do an exact factory restoration on your car, I don't think this console would be the best. However, if you are just trying to get one for everyday driving or need one in general, then this console will work just great.
I have free shipping and will ship the package in bubble wrap to protect it. I will also ship the day after payment. Happy offerding!!
~There are a couple of things I forgot to mention when I put up the original listing.
- I also replaced the little rubber strip at the top of lid that keeps the inside of the top from being scratched (most of the original had fallen off) [picture 8]
- The second thing I forgot to mention is that I'm not quite sure if this is the convertible version or sedan version of the console. Before I did some work on it, it had a flat metal plate that had been tack welded onto the underside of the console helping to hold the two metal sides together. Because of this piece, the only plastic inner sleeve that would fit inside was the convertible version. I ended up taking it off because it was impossible to put the console together with it on. All the other consoles I've seen online don't have this piece and it doesn't have any effect on the installation as far as I can see for either the convertible or sedan versions of the car. If anyone has any information on this or has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Similar 1/4 mile timeslips to browse:
1986 Kawasaki Ninja : 8.630 @ 150.420
ken kauffman, Engine: 1327 cc KZ,
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10: 9.084 @ 154.340
MIKE JOLLY, Engine: ZX10// 1000CC, Supercharger: / Turbos: / Tires: SHINKO
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX 12R: 9.085 @ 148.990
jeromy, Engine: 1270,
2000 Kawasaki Ninja zx12r: 9.176 @ 148.120
jeromy, Engine: 1200,
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 636: 9.230 @ 147.000
steve appenzellar, Engine: stock,
2005 Kawasaki Ninja zx10r: 9.294 @ 144.780
abner castro, Tires: shinko
2000 Kawasaki Ninja zx12r: 9.297 @ 145.510
2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R: 9.310 @ 145.000
DR JOE, Engine: stock ZX12, Tires: Stock front, M/T slick rear
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 636: 9.330 @ 143.000
steve appenzellar, Engine: stock, Supercharger: no Turbos: no
2000 Kawasaki Ninja zx 12r: 9.421 @ 149.780
jerome hill, Engine: 1200,
2000 Kawasaki Ninja zx12r: 9.483 @ 141.540
JEROME HILL, Engine: 1270,
2004 Kawasaki Ninja zx 6r 636: 9.490 @ 142.000
steve appenzellar, Engine: stock, Supercharger: no Turbos: no Tires: shinko
2005 Kawasaki Ninja zx 10: 9.600 @ 149.900
pascal bernatchez, Tires: pirreli slick
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R: 9.640 @ 148.330
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 636: 9.750 @ 135.000
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX9R: 9.790 @ 136.550
David Poplin, Engine: 899cc, Supercharger: N/A Turbos: N/A Tires: 180/50 pirelle
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 1000: 9.802 @ 142.810
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 636: 9.850 @ 133.660
steven appenzellar, Engine: stock,
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R: 9.881 @ 145.420
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R: 9.913 @ 133.485
Mona Christiansen, Engine: 636cc, Tires: Shinko Hookup