This item has been shown 36 times.
Click HERE for more information about this part.
LD12-PRO Winch - 12,000 lb. Pull - Detachable Control Box
Click an Image to Enlarge
This premium electric winch, model LD12-PRO, from Driver Recovery Products is rated for a single line pull of 12,000 pounds. In our opinion, Driver winches are the absolute best value in the industry; they combine cutting edge design, top performance, superb build quality, and affordable, distributer-direct pricing. They may not be the lowest priced winches available, but they’re better-built than others in their class. Following is a list of features that set them apart from the many look-a-likes:
• First quality – Beware of some sellers advertising factory-seconds as new. This Driver winch is 100% brand new, first-run production; we never sell refurbished or factory seconds as new.
• Upgraded motor – Direct-current (12 volt DC) motor is series-wound with low-loss, enameled copper wire for very high efficiency and maximum torque. Series-wound motors such as this maintain their power throughout the duty-cycle, unlike permanent magnet motors which suffer performance drops as they heat. This premium motor is very fast, reversible (for powering the cable out and in), and runs cool, utilizing low-friction ball bearings and a precision-machined rotor. True power rating of 6.0 horsepower, 4,500 watts (we never quote inflated “peak” or “max” power like some of our competitors).
• High-quality gearbox – Inside this Driver winch is one of the best 3-stage planetary gear systems available. All of the components, including the carrier, sun-gears, planetary and ring-gears are manufactured to tight tolerances; ensuring high-efficiency, smooth operation, reliability and eliminating slip and wear. This gear system is extremely strong and built-to-last. The gear reduction ratio of 265:1 provides a good compromise between pulling torque and line speed.
• Frictionless freespooling clutch – Mounted on the top side of the winch is a large, easy-to-operate, stainless lever used to engage and disengage the motor from the winch drum. When the lever is disengaged or “de-clutched” the winch drum will freespool, or allow the rope to be pulled out without using the motor’s power. When the lever is engaged, the winch drum is securely geared to the motor using the winch’s “sliding ring gear” clutch. This type of clutch is not susceptible to wear or slippage like other clutches and is designed for hard pulling.
• Automatic braking – Driver winches use an automatic braking system to hold the load when the motor power is not applied. The heavy-duty mechanical system in the winch drum locks the rope in place and prevents freespooling and slacking when a pull is stopped.
• Premium wire cable – Winch is pre-wound with 85’ of 3/8”, abrasion-resistant, aircraft-quality wire rope on a 2-1/2" diameter x 9-5/8” long drum. This cable is extremely durable, easy-to-wind, and highly resilient to sand and mud. Thick zinc galvanization provides superior protection from the elements.
• Roller fairlead – Constructed from ultra-high tensile strength steel and coated with an epoxy grade finish. Significantly less likely to chip and rust than powder coated models. Unlike fairleads with bolt-on rollers than can loosen over time, this fairlead utilizes wave-washers and c-clips to securely hold the rollers in place; this rolls better, looks nicer on your vehicle and lasts longer. Precision machined dowel-pin bearings and composite bushings on multi-directional rollers provide for smooth operation even during extreme angle pulls. Mounts easily with a standard 10” bolt pattern.
• Better components and controllers – Critical electrical connections and component areas are covered to protect from debris and water intrusion. Switches are weather resistant and highly-reliable. Solenoids are top-quality and high current rated; allowing for long duty cycles. All moving parts are permanently lubricated with high-temperature lithium grease.
• Excellent fit and finish – These winches combine rugged construction and great looks. Their low-profile, compact design will fit most all vehicles, and their tough housings ensure they’ll look as great in 10 years as they do today. All painted portions feature a durable exterior coating over primed basecoat, designed to withstand the elements.
• Remote control – Operate the winch's line-out and line-in controls at a distance with the included wired controller. Handheld controller includes 12 feet of cord terminating in a 3-pin plug allowing the controller to be unplugged and removed from the winch when not in use. The winch features a socket to receive the plug, and the socket is fitted with a rubber boot to protect moisture or dirt from entering when the controller is not used.
• Easy to install – Simply mount the control box to the top of the winch, connect the pre-terminated wires to the motor, mount the winch, connect power and ground and the winch is ready for use. Winch measures 21-1/4" x 6-1/4" x 6-1/4" high (9-1/4" with control box top-mounted), and weighs 90 pounds. Mounts with an industry-standard 10” x 4-1/2” mounting bolt pattern. Recommended for use with a battery with a minimum of 650 CCA (cold cranking amps).
• Tough packaging – Shipping carriers are sometimes rough when handling heavy packages, so we ensure that each winch is securely packaged in a fitted Styrofoam encasement, then sealed into a heavy-duty, multi-wall, corrugated cardboard box. We care how we ship and package each unit, so you don’t invest good money into a winch only to have it arrive in pieces.
Pull by Layer:
Rope Remaining on Drum:
Line Speed and Motor Current (first layer):
Feet per Minute:
• Brand-new LD12-PRO winch from Driver Recovery Products
• Solenoid control box
• 85' of 3/8” cable (pre-wound)
• Premium roller fairlead
• Wired controller with 12’ cord and plug
• Heavy-duty 3/8" clevis slip hook with latch (grade 70)
• Hook safety pull strap (protects hands when pulling out line)
• Owner’s manual
• Mounting hardware – 24pc set (bolts, nuts, flat and lock washers)
• 72” Power wire – 2 gauge red (pre-attached to winch)
• 72” Ground wire – 2 gauge black
• Winches can cause serious injury and/or death if proper safety measures are not taken. A full list of safety warnings and winch training instructions is beyond the scope of this listing, therefore this product is for sale to trained operators only. DO NOT USE this product if you are not completely trained in winch operation and safety. Never use for hoisting. Never use for moving people. When using a snatch block to increase pulling power, ensure that all components including the snatch block, rope/line, tools, and anchor points are rated to double your winch’s maximum power rating.
Shipping cost to:
Continental US (48 States)
Alaska, Hawaii & Guam
Australia & New Zealand
Philippines, Singapore & Thailand
European Union (All EU countries except Italy)
Norway & Switzerland
All other countries, please use the "Ask a question" link at the bottom of the page.
American Specialty Tool...we appreciate your patronage!
If you have any questions, please contact us before offerding through the "ask a question" link at the bottom of the page.
We will do our best to respond immediately during normal business hours.
After purchase: Check-Out Now! Click the "Pay Now" button at the top of this listing to immediately proceed with our checkout and payment process. Please note that the Pay Now button is ONLY available after winning an sale or completing a "Buy It Now" purchase. After purchase: Check-Out Later! If you do not choose to Check-Out now, you will be notified by via e-mail that you are the winning buyer. There is no need to contact us to arrange payment. We will automatically send you an e-mail within three hours of an sale closing. Our message will contain a link to our simple and secure checkout system, where you will be able to quickly and conveniently pay for your purchase. You may also continue purchasing additional items from our sales or store. You have5 days from the end of the first purchase to add additional items to your order. Please make sure all of your sales have ended prior to checking out. All of your purchases will be consolidated into one checkout!
We accept the following forms of payment.
Sales Tax: For shipments toFlorida addresses only, we collect 6%Sales Tax.
Shipping quote: For shipping rates, please see the table above. The flat rates quoted in the table will apply for most destinations in the countries / states listed. Occasionally (usually, but not always in remote/rural areas), some addresses will not qualify for the service or rates that are quoted. In this case, we reserve the right to cancel the transaction, and we will not be obligated to honor the quoted shipping price. Alternately, the Purchaser is always welcome to pay the additional shipping expenses to their location.
Expedited shipping service: We offer free rush-processing on every order; if your cleared payment is received prior to 3pm EST, our goal is to pick, package and ship your order that business day. For continental U.S. delivery, items weighing less than 13 oz. usually ship through USPS First Class Mail, items from 13 oz. to 2 lbs. usually are sent USPS Priority, and heavier items usually ship via UPS Ground. Internationally, most items ship via USPS First Class or Priority Mail. Neither UPS nor USPS guarantee their transit times, and delays do happen from time to time. We reserve the right to choose the appropriate shipping carrier and class for each order.
Combined-shipping discounts: If you purchase multiple items from us, you can combine the checkout within 5 days of your first purchase. In some cases, this will reduce your shipping charges, if there are any. You will pay the "First Item" shipping rate for the heaviest item, and you will only be charged the "additional items" rate (shown in the shipping table on all of our listings) for all other items on the order. Some items or destinations may not qualify for the additional item rate, even if displayed.
United States Buyers: If you are paying through PayPal, you must have a confirmed PayPal address. Local pickups are available on items weighing 35 lbs. or more.
International Buyers: Import duties, taxes, charges and brokerage fees (typically collected upon delivery or pickup) are the buyer’s responsibility and are not included in the item’s price or shipping charges. Please check with your country’s customs office prior to offerding/buying to determine what the costs will be, and to ensure the item you are purchasing is legal in your country.
Shipping Protection: Shipping Insurance is highly recommended, but optional. This protects you against damage incurred during transit. Delivery delays and Customs’ holds are not covered. Shipping insurance is provided by our own SIP plan. Insurance will be quoted and added to your total at check-out. If you wish to decline this coverage, simply uncheck the insurance box when you check out.
Terms of sale
DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND INDEMNITY: By placing a offer / purchasing this or any other product (“Item”) from Seller or Seller’s affiliates (collectively known as “Seller”), no matter in which venue or location the sale is consummated, you (“Purchaser”) represent that you are of legal age (18 years or older) to use this Item, enter into this agreement, and become bound by its terms. There are inherent risks involved in using any product, even while using protective equipment (which Purchaser is responsible to investigate and obtain), including but not limited to: serious physical injury, and possibly death. Purchaser acknowledges that Seller is neither the manufacturer of this Item nor an agent of the manufacturer. Purchaser waives all liability of Seller and claims against Seller for damages, losses, costs, injuries, penalties, expenses, attorney’s fees and liabilities of whatever nature whether in tort, contract, warranty or strict liability, including without limitation those resulting from injuries or deaths of persons and damages to property resulting from, or arising out of or in connection with the use of this Item, loss or liability resulting from negligence, operational deficiencies or failures, acts of God, or other cause (whether such causes are avoidable or not) caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly by Purchaser, Seller's employees, representatives, agents or third parties (collectively, "specified claims"). Under no circumstances is Seller responsible for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, even if Purchaser has been advised of their possible existence. Purchaser agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Seller harmless from and against any and all specified claims. Seller hereby disclaims all claims, express and implied, with respect to this Item, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or that the Item is free from latent defects. Purchaser has had the opportunity to contact Seller to ask any questions regarding this Item prior to purchase. Item is sold in its current as/is condition as described subject only to warranty for repairs if offered. Purchaser knowingly and freely assumes all risks of ownership and use, known and unknown. If Purchaser loans, re-sells, gifts, or transfers the Item, Purchaser will obtain transferee’s agreement of all the terms contained herein. Should any legal cause of action arise, the Buyer agrees to defend Seller, and hold harmless, and forever release the seller, from any and all legal liability. PURCHASER WARRANTS THAT THEY HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY THIS AGREEMENT, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
It is the operator's responsibility to ensure that all safety equipment, protective clothing, and protocols are used at all times. Tools should never be used by persons who have not been properly trained in their safe handling.
Some items include the option to make a "Best Offer." Depending on the item, our system for accepting or rejecting those offers is automated; therefore any comments included with the offer will be ignored. If you have any special requests, please email us prior to making an offer.
Due to fraud and other reasons, we reserve the right to limit sales to certain countries, and the right to block / cancel offers for any reason, such as where seller protection is not available from PayPal. We reserve the right to cancel an order or terminate a sale for any reason. We will not be obligated to honor any item prices or shipping quotes offered incorrectly due to computer or human error.
All items are 100% brand-new, and not refurbished in any way, unless the listing specifically states otherwise. Boxes may be opened for the purpose of testing, inspecting, photographing, adding additional padding/packaging/instruction supplements, or ensuring the completeness of the item.